internal tube screamer sound awful

• Greetings,to all , i`m newbie to this forum) and newbie for kemper stuff)
    but already have some questions

recently i buyed some greats profiles from ampfactory ))and very impressed
    fat chunky tube sound ,great to play and feel

but then i turn internal tubescreamer on front ,it sound - wierd, plastic, emphasised
    and absolutley unnatural - green scream with softest settings - drive -5 tone - 5 volume 0
    i had many hardware screamer pedals ,none of them sound like this ...

it is a bug , or bad quality digital model ?
    i attached a example
    http://soundcloud.com/destroyka/soldano-screamer-on-off

thanx for any help )

• I have an original Tube screamer and when I use it, it sounds EXACTLY like your clip. The original Tube screamers hump up the mids quite a bit which is what I hear in your clip.
    HOWEVER...... With that said, I don't find the modeled TS to work like my original. What I mean is that I find the modeled version to be A LOT more sensitive in that a little goes a long way. In other words id have to put my Original TS on 10 in order to get the results that the Modeled version gets on like 1 1/2 or 2. This has just been my experience.

Also in my experience I think the TS model is one of the best if not the best I've heard and I've used them all ;)

• from the clip I can hear the difference in the sound with the screamer off or on. But as the others said, it is not that awful. one dumb question: instead of adding an overdrive pedal, have you tried to increase the gain?

I play the guitar since year 6, now I'm 46 and have tried everything in every place: marshall to Bogner, Mesa to Kemper.

after all these years I never use a distortion pedal since the distortion aboard the things I have used is way sufficient.

especially in the kemper, in the 100% of my tests, both live and studio, I never had the need to add a distortion stomp to the sound, which causes NECESSARILY a compression and makes the sound somewhat closed...........

I always raise the gain to the desired level. after all, and trust me on this, the kemper main gain control can give you way more distortion than the various things I have had in my hands.

just my poor advice...........

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• michael thanx, but i works mostly with the modern metal stuff
    and use maxon od pedals with amps ,,,to "glue" sound
    and they works way more gently ,than the kemper model ,,,
    i try to post clips with my hardware screamer ,,later)

http://soundcloud.com/destroyka/5150-screamer-on-off

this is a example from real life ,,,
    maxon od 808 in front of 5150 settings on maxon - all is min ,except volume ,,
    this is WAY less agressive than the modelled screamer

• Yes, it is very subjective.
    I'm not really fond of the green screamer, but luckily the KPA takes real pedals quite well. Just throw a real overdrive between your guitar and the KPA.

Oh, and CK said, he might include a different (Maxon) overdrive in the near future. The new version might suit some of us better.

• The Kemper TS settings to not emulate reality. From what I've read, Tone at 0 (noon) on the Kemper is more like tone at 10 on a real TS. There are some other quirks with it which some users have experienced as well. But I have to agree with the other posts that I'm not sure it really matters in this case. The Kemper has tons of gain available if the goal is to boost gain or the ability to place a parametric EQ before the amp if the goal is to shape the tonal response which allows far grater control than a TS would allow. Honestly, the this clip sounds as I would expect, a bit more "aggressive" than the real deal but not night and day IMHO...

• That thread is about adding a Maxon model. The Green Scream is modeled after the 808 RI of CK

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Listened to the second clip. Must be going deaf as I barely hear a difference when engaged. Gain set at 0? I wrote a post a few months back about the TS seeming gainier than real life, you're probably experiencing the same.

• Hi artembankin,
    welcome here :)

Sorry for the somehow tough initiation, things must be a bit hot here nowadays because certain posts over a certain well-known forum I won't mention here :rolleyes:
    .. But please believe that this is usually a very relaxed SIG :D

Back to topic, have you given a look at the rig structure? Most of Andy's profiles have GEQ both before and after the amp... depending on where in the chain you engaged the dist, it might have been affected by that. Might be worth checking it :thumbup:

• viabcroce

yes, i disabled all eq and gate stomps , only pure amp
    and i try`ed internal od on various other presets , anywhere - is trebly "wah" effect - it is really dissapoint me
    anyway, thanx for good words and understanding )
    Will_Chen yes ,gain set is 0,,,,

it is standart practice - to "polish" highgain amps sound ,,
    andy sneap ,and more producers doing this) with maxons ,,

with kemper i want - clean digital chain to reamp guitars ,,,,via spdif
    and lack of good natural screamer - is huge problem

reamping via analog thru analog pedal - with soundcard will cause some noise problems i think...
    and double DA/AD conversion not a good point..

(edit ) - on real screamer gain set to lowest settings ,,,sorry ) not at noon