Van Halen with Mitch Malloy Panama

• Hey MItch! Thanks for sharing, but I´m on Diamond Dave, cause he got that special thing, ya know what I´m meaning. If I got my mp3 running while working and it comes to Sammy, I have to quit fast, as this hairspray rocka is´nt my kind of beer.

Also seems you been a bit nervous in studio, cause in other videos I seen from ya your voice been way better!

Still thanks, rock on mate!

• Haha, that was cool! I'm getting ready to move so I'm cleaning out a lot of stuff and came across an old cd I had. It's Mitch's first CD which I picked up in the 90's when I was at Berklee.

• Dave is Dave, Er, I mean "was" Dave, Sammy is Sammy and I am me. And I was nervous of course but so was Ed as he told me so. Who wouldn't be? But I couldn't have sung any better on this and I'm proud to have been asked to be in the band. And I never used hair spray didn't have to. :>) There are more songs floating around I wonder if they will see the light of day.

• Dave is Dave, Er, I mean "was" Dave, Sammy is Sammy and I am me. And I was nervous of course but so was Ed as he told me so. Who wouldn't be? But I couldn't have sung any better on this and I'm proud to have been asked to be in the band. And I never used hair spray didn't have to. :>) There are more songs floating around I wonder if they will see the light of day.

Mitch,

Everything about your story (except the rejection) is awesome. I'm sure it was an emotional roller-coaster of epic proportions. I'm also sure that you have grown as an artist and as a person as a result.

The commentary below the video allowed me some vicarious fun. Keep at it. Success has been defined as getting up just one more time than you've been knocked down. 8)

If I run into to you at NAMM, I'd love to buy you a beer.

• Thank you sir. :>) I don't go to winter Namm normally in fact I have never gone but I always want to it just never happens. I however always go to summer Namm as it's here in Nashville and easy for me. And yes I keep getting up. And getting up and getting up. LOL And will again get up as soon as I get rid of this sinus infection. I appreciate your words of encouragement.

• Sounds great Mitch!!!!! What an amazing experience for you........and what an honor!

The "you sounded nervous" comment is just sheer idiocy (and perhaps throw in a dash of jealousy for good measure) IMHO.

100% of the people on this board DREAM of getting the opportunity your had with VH and to "sound nervous".

...and yes, your profiles also rock.

PS. I play with Greg Berger every now and again.....he mentions you from time to time.

JEL

• I appreciate very much Mitchs talents as a great musician, but I write what I think. I like his vocals and guitar playing in many other clips I´ve seen from him. If someone postes a clip or video to share, I´m sure he also wants to get honest opinions (or may be I´m wrong, , and that´s what I´ve done and will do.

If my comment is idiocy for you, I´can´t change that. Excusing that with IMHO shortcut does not make it less abusive.

:D

• Well at the risk of saying too much I will just ad this. I don't sound nervous. :>) I sound like I'm ready to be the singer in Van Halen. I'm singing into a 57 with WAY too much harmonizer on it and not nearly loud enough and I'm singing a song that DLR wrote and he's about as far away from the singer I am as you could possibly get. And by that I just mean we are WAAAAY different singers. The stuff he did on those first records was AMAZING and I am a huge fan of that. But aside from that I don't hear anything bad about this. To me it sounds like I grabbed the song and bit it's f'in head off. :>) I do appreciate the fact that I may sound better to some singing MY music. That makes sense as I wrote it. But to say I sound in any way bad singing with Van Halen I would say I don't agree with that. But that's just my opinion. And honest opinions? Well at this stage in my life or career I honestly think if someone has something bad to say they shouldn't necessarily take the time to write it and keep it to themselves or maybe say it to a friend if they need to just say it for some reason. Seems rude to me to write it. And I wouldn't do it to someone. About anything.. Unless I thought it was going to help them in some way and in this case that's not the case I don't think. Try to imagine if you will DLR singing my song Anything at all. :) That might put it into perspective. Thanks guys for your kind words it's nice to read..

• And thanks for liking my profiles but I don't for see me ever making anymore as I profiled all my amps and since getting Andy's profiles I pretty much have all the amps I need so I'm actually selling my amps. That is after I sell 7 guitars. I'm selling lots of stuff. As I just bought lots of stuff. I have 2 bacchus les pauls with Evertune bridges on them and one without and I've got a Greco Les Paul and a Hamer Artist and a Greco Acoustic all for sale if anyones interested. One Bacchus is the one I played on last years European tour. Black Duke standard, hand made one of a kind Black top. Huge neck and Evertune bridge. $1500.

• If someone postes a clip or video to share, I´m sure he also wants to get honest opinions (or may be I´m wrong, , and that´s what I´ve done and will do.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I believe that you will be wrong in almost 100% of the cases. If someone wants their work to be criticized/analyzed they will usually ask explicitly for your opinion or criticism as a way to know where to improve. A guy that simply shares a clip or a video is usually not looking for that. I think Mitch was simply sharing a bit of his life (not to be judged about it).

• I'm proud of it. It got posted and I want people to hear it. Because again I'm proud of it and it actually happened. It was a part of my life I never talked about till many years later and almost no one that I know of ever heard it. So now that it's out there I figure anyone who cares at all about hearing it should hear it. It doesn't surprise me that people say "hey Mitch your not Dave". LOL Duh... That's cause I'm Mitch. :>)

• I'm proud of it. It got posted and I want people to hear it. Because again I'm proud of it and it actually happened. It was a part of my life I never talked about till many years later and almost no one that I know of ever heard it. So now that it's out there I figure anyone who cares at all about hearing it should hear it. It doesn't surprise me that people say "hey Mitch your not Dave". LOL Duh... That's cause I'm Mitch. :>)

And you should be proud of it. Just to have been considered as a candidate to sing for Van Halen is huge. I don't think many people can say that.

• Yeah the first class plane ticket and the limo's. LOL I saved the $250 grocery bill Ed paid for for my stay for a long time but I've since moved and I'm sure lost it. He took me grocery shopping and said "buy whatever you want your gonna be here a LOOOOOONG time". LOL And I was.. Not as long as we thought though.