The official describe your setup thread...

• OK, so, there are SO many things that go into sound, its unreal.... I love my kemper, but I always want to see how other people are using it... AND how their whole thing is set up... So.... please tell me! Lets hear from the most awesome setup to the most ghetto... Here's mine.... BTW, this is all pretty much going on simultaneously, no wires to move...

Description of setup
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My setup attempts to be simple. I have my kemper going to my cheap m-audio fast track (SPDIF) so the signal chain is all digital all the way to my DAW (logic) via USB. At the same time, my laptop (MAC) feeds out to my interface (fast track) via USB and this all gets output to the PA. I use the direct outs of the kemper to another port on my PA for monitoring the kemper against pre-recorded tracks. The recorded sound, precicely matches the monitored sound, so i'm good to go there... My cheap PA is central to my system.. I also have an electronic drum kit & microphone hooked up to it. I'm wondering if a mixing board and better studio monitors would improve my setup. All and all, i'm fairly happy but looking for other options, cant wait to see responses.

Input
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guitar -> instrument cable
    instrument in -> Kemper -> S/PDIF out
    S/PDIF in -> M-audio fast track pro -> USB Mac laptop
    USB Mac -> Logic

Output (Pre-recorded backing tracks)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Logic -> USB
    USB -> m-audio fast track pro -> harbinger HA 80 PA

Output (live monitor from kemper against recorded tracks)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guitar -> instrument cable
    Instrument in -> kemper -> direct out
    PA (harbinger ha 80) input -> speaker

Live sound
    -------------------
    Same as above

Edited 2 times, last by MikeH ().

• Guitar --> Bad Horsie 2 Wah --> Korg Pitchblack --> Maxon OD9 --> ISP Decimator --> KPA --> Yamaha Audiogram 3 USB Audio Interface --> Computer --> Cubase 5.1

Monitors are KRK Rokit 5s

Very simple and straightforward.

• Guitar > cable > KPA (with only one rig of a 59 bassmen and with two expression pedals: wah-pedal-booster before the Stack and Main Volume after all effects)

then:

at home: Monitor Out to AER compact (for practicing) or RCF NX 12 sma (for tweaking the Rig) and Main Out into DAW. Sometimes I doublecheck the sound through AKG 501 headphones which is also not ideal in the Phones Out of the KPA, but it gives a different view a bit. Soon I will buy some Adam speakers for my DAW and then I can rely more on that.

local clubgigs: Monitor Out to AER compact or RCF NX 12 sma (depending on lineup of the bands and size of the clubs)

PA gigs w. train travel: Monitor Out to AER compact (set up in front of me, like a real monitor) and Main Out into FOH

PA gigs w. airplane travel: Main Out into FOH and if possible I prefer to just monitor through the monitor speakers of the PA (depending on the quality of the monitor sysems there). If that does not do: Monitor Out to backline Fender twin (if possible CAB off into power amp in, else: CAB sim ON into the frontpanel guitar imput, which is a bit worst kind, horror scenario).

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited once, last by fretboardminer ().

• Guitar - Short cable with simulated 6m sound - KPA - main output - Yamaha mixing desk - direct input Mac Mini - Quicktime

That´s perfect (for my needs) chain for recording clips, videos .......

For backings I have to try S/PDIF way through my audiofire 2 next.

• Guitar>>line 6 relay 50>>>digitech whammy DT>>>KPA>>>Marshall 9100>>>2 Marshall 2x12's one closed back with Vintage greenbacks, the other open backed with a vintage and a herritage celestion.>>>Sm57>>> PA

Haven't gone to FOH direct yet, I may experiment by I'm very happy with the sound like this, and so is the sound engineer (plus I use the main outs on the KPA to use the Marshall 9100 in stereo.

blows the other guitar players axe fx 2 FRFR set up out of the water ( IMHO ;) )

• Guitar> line 6 G90 Wireless> KPA.

Band practice/home playing : VHT/Fryette 2/90/2 Poweramp into VHT deliverance 4x12 cab.

Show of anykind: FRFR with mackie HD1531. main outs to FOH. Sometimes just KPA direct to FOH no mackie on stage, most clubs we play have excellent pa systems with great monitors and sidedfill monitors.

• home
    guitar>kemper> either api or vintech pre> hd io>ptxhd>neumann kh120's

live guitar>kemper>velocity300> gflex cab(monitor) main out to board

[Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/f05540.jpg]
    Pro Tools HDX HD i/o 8x8x8
    SSL Nucleus
    vintech
    2 573
    2 x81
    1 609ca
    classic api 4 vp312
    Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

• Guitar >> Evidence Audio Lyric HG >> KPA >> Eventide Orville >> RME Fireface UC >> HP Laptop monitoring with Mackie HR624 or Beyerdynamic
    A1 clone (headphone amp) >> Sennheiser HD650
    Controller is a Gordius Little Giant

• My setup

Play
    KPA > Monitor out (no cab) > Mesa Boogie 50/50 > 2 rocktron S112 cabs

Record
    Guitar > KPA > S/PDIF out> Apollo Duo S/PDIF in

Reamp
    Apollo Duo S/PDIF out > KPA S/PDIF in

Output
    Apollo > Samson C control > M audio 5bxa
    > Tbox 120w wedge monitor
    > 4 port headphone amp

This way i can switch between playing loud and live (mesa boogie), or recording through the Apollo and listen through my monitors.
    Or through my headphones.

Still figuring it all out and although the mesa sounds really good, the cabs are not that good. I'm still not convinced if a simple FRFR setup would be better for me (portable, cleaner sounding, lower volume).

• I don't know specifically what he is using, but I bet a "real" 6m cable would be cheaper ;)

Has nothing to do with cheaper or money. This is Cool Dude Gear! Yes, Sir! 8o
    When you play Kemper, all that cool foot stomps and stuff in front of you is obsolete! Guitar players are used to all this blinken lights of those minimum 200 bucks esoteric sound enhancers in front of them, arranged in a cool flight case with the footprint of a two car garage. They miss that! In the Kemper age whats left, is just the cable to "upgrade". I've even heard of wireless Kemper guys going back to cable simulators to have something to talk about with their fellow guitar guys at the local waterhole... Strange world, indeed.
    :rolleyes:
    Labrat
    PS: I'm thinking about sneaking in a booster because the space in front of me is so empty. I might even connect it to the secret distortion loop of the Kemper.
    "They comin' to take me away haha hihi hoho..."

• Live
    Guitar > G90 wireless > KPA
    > loop: Gibson EchoPlex
    > monitor out: Matrix GT1000FX > Mesa 4x12 XL cab
    > main out: Audio Technica M2 in-ear monitor

Controller: Gordius Little Giant (both for KPA and Echoplex)

Recording
    Guitar > KPA > SPDIF: Motu 896Mk3 interface > Cubase 6

• Guitar > G-System
    G-System to Kemper ( in Stereo )
    Kemper Loop Stereo LOCKED ON
    Kemper > Balanced Stereo XLR's to Desk
    Kemper > Monitor Out to Separate Line on Desk > Monitor OR Shure pack with In Ears

this allows me to control the volume & EQ of my own monitors

• My Setup:
    Guitar - G30 (Line 6) - KPA
    Behringer FCB1010 Uno Midi-Controller - KPA
    KPA-Monitor out - HK Audio FRFR Box
    KPA-Main outs - PA

It work's very well. :D :love:

KPA-Rackversion with Line6 Powercab 112
    :thumbup: :love: :thumbup:

• Live: (I haven't actually used it this way yet since the KPA sits at home right now for recording purposes).

KPA - dB Opera 410D FRFR or KPA - EHX Magnum 44 - 2x12 Matamp Retro

Record:

KPA s/pdif out - ESI U24XL usb interface (very glitchy drivers on this, I won't recommend getting one)

At home practice:

KPA main out - KRK VXT4