I heard the headphone "Space" effect @ NAMM today

• Even if you wait for the dedicated fc, you're still likely going to have to do some type of programming. If you don't need stompbox style operation, you don't need the UNO chip. You can actually kinda fake stompbox operation even with the stock firmware.

It scared me at first too. However, I hung in there and have it mostly working. My expression pedals aren't quite right, but changing rigs is working fine. You can have up to 100 rigs (10 banks x 10 pedals). However, I'm thinking I might use the bottom 5 pedals for stomps/effects, and the top 5 for rigs. Next task is to organize the rigs into useful combinations of 5, then assign the program change numbers to them accordingly (that's done on the KPA itself). The light came on for me when I realized that rigs are controlled by program change messages, and stomps/effects are controlled by change control messages. Now if I can just get the pedals working right ...

I've been using bottom row for PC and top for CC, but the reverse might make more sense.

• So no hint on when the KFC might arrive then? I have to be honest I was hoping that the MIDI side might get 2-way communication sooner rather than later.

Ck didn't give a time frame. He did mention that it wasn't a trivial project....perhaps the level of effort was underestimated.