What features would you like to have in future hardware upgrades?

• If Kemper puts out new versions of the hardware in the future (maybe in two years or something), what features would you like to see?

My wishlist:

- balanced monitor-out, on stages you sometimes have a lot of electrical noise (power lines, control lines for lights...), therefore I use a DI-Box to get a balanced signal from the monitor-out, but having the monitor-out of the KPA balanced would be even better
    - front-side USB for toaster-version too
    - midi phantom power for foot controllers (maybe switchable on/off by a small dip-switch to ensure compatiblity)
    - phantom power for condenser microphones

• 48kHz sample rate (and more?)
    AES/EBU connectors (or even better ADAT and MADI)
    8-channel USB audio interface (2 channel full rig, 2 channel stomps & stack only, 2 channel Delay & Reverb only, 2 channel clean bypass)
    Word Clock Sync
    more internal memory

Also I want to add, that we need the Librarian / Editor and a custom folder structure on the KPA. Editor in this context means an editor to properly tag the rigs to personal needs.
    And talking about this, I would like to see a different file format for the rigs. Some XML based files like XOP would be great.

• One comment to the wish for balanced monitor output:
    In a noisy environment things get solved by a ground lift, rather than balanced signals, when we talk about high level signals.

• That's one way to do it, but using balanced cables also works. Plus XLR connections tend to be more secure, which was at the heart of my gig problem last Friday (my keyboard player accidentally stepped on the TS cable going to my K10 and cut my signal for a split second, creating a loud pop and causing my K10 to shut down, right at the beginning of the outro solo to Comfortably Numb...not a fun moment).

Also, I'm curious, Jay Mitchell posted on TGP that balanced outputs on most devices is 6dB hotter than unbalanced. Is that not the case with the KPA?

• One comment to the wish for balanced monitor output:
    In a noisy environment things get solved by a ground lift, rather than balanced signals, when we talk about high level signals.

Thanks for your answer. It's of course true that noise makes less impact on high level signals (like +6db) than on low level signals (say a microphone signal).

But still also with high level signals the noise rejection is better with a balanced signal because the noise is inducted into both wires almost equally and therefore cancelled out at the receiver. With an unbalanced signal nothing is cancelled out, you just hear less of the noise the higher the signal is (better SNR).

I had trouble with noise from dimmer packs inducted into my unbalanced cables before, thats why I wish a balanced monitor out (and actually using a DI-Box for now)

An alternative that could probably be done in software would be to have the main outs switchable to dual mono outs with separate volume controls. For me that would do it cause i don't go stereo to the FOH PA.

• For the powered version, it would probably make sense to have the ability to have only the preamp section on at times, so a separate power switch for that. No sense in having a 700 watt power amp running in situation where only running direct. The power amp should have stereo abilities. Granted it's mostly for just monitoring, but if running into a 4x12 cab that has stereo capability, it might make the delays more dimensional sounding. Perhaps separate volume knobs for the outputs?

Love the recording interface idea.

How about a built in Keurig coffee maker and cup holder?

• ... and to add something spectacular for the far future:

I would love to see a "Kemper To Go", a small battery driven "Rig Player", without all the profiling and editing
    features. It should be built with just the most important knobs and buttons to simply play a rig already tweaked
    and fine tuned on the "real" KPA at home.
    One input for guitar, one phones output, one SD card slot, one USB interface to access the SD card from laptop etc.

The device can playback WAV/AIFF/MP3 files stored on the SD card and we can jam along with a Kemper Rig
    stored on the SD card of course. It can serve as a looper as well, so you can record your rythm guitar loop with Rig A
    and then solo over it with Rig B.

No need to go into to much detail, but a pocket size "Mobile Kemper" would be KPAwesome!

• I would love to see the possibility to run dual profiles.
    left/right
    or stacked w or w/o crossover

• Performance mode. This was supposed to be there from new and was a little disappointing now as my Kemper is 1 year and 1 month old.

The operation of that mode is way overdue bearing in mind it was effectively bought with the amp.

Really the only major disappointment on the product.

Careful I'm watching you...

• It was installed on a demo unit at NAMM, CK stated it will be available in an update, should be soon....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• We can have over 2000 profiles in the kemper, some have said loading about 2600 I think.
    (only when upgrading firmware a 1000 profile limit is suggested, then you can load more again)
    If even more would ever be needed you can have more usb sticks handy and load another 1000 x....
    Then keep all profiles ever created backed up on a computer or usb stick. In a year or two I think there will be over 10 000 profiles available.

This is by far many more user slots than any other similar gear and who would need more?
    I'm not sure I get why your headline in another thread was claiming it has small memory:
    "Why does the kemper have so small a memory?"

I can see the benefits though if someone is planning on setting a Guinness profile collection world record.
    8o

Regarding the usb connection wearing out, I suggest using a usb adapter with cable that you plug in the usb stick to. I think the number of thousand times different usb connections will last is mentioned on USB wikipedia.