The "if we will be able to Name and Tag our rigs with a Librarian/Rig Management app, we're fine with using knobs and buttons for the other Rig parameters" Thread

• Since there is a request for only "+1" responses in the petition thread, I thought there may as well be a place for anyone for anyone who would like to indicate they don't consider a full blown editor to be a pressing need.

If all they see is a thread full of people who want a full blown editor, it will look like all their customers feel that one is important.

No offense intended to those who would like full editing software, but I like the hardware user interface, other than the current method for naming and tagging the rigs. That appears to be a temporary issue, as it has become easy to infer some kind of rig management software is coming.

Rather than dedicate resources to a full editor in the near future, I would rather they decide they can put emphasis on the previously planned new features for the hardware that had to be put on hold, because of the demand for Performance Mode.

If they make an editor before all those features are installed, it would have to be updated each time a new feature is added, or something is changed.

If they can pack the hardware full of whatever features they have in mind, maybe we will all want an editor at that point :)

So, this is not a Petition.

But, hey, you can add a "+1" to this thread, if you don't consider a full blown editor to be important enough to delay other things.

+1

• Hello guys, I agree with the need of a full librarian / editor especially for rig management, preset editing , cab switching, fast profile search & sync to the KPA, sync with the rig exchange ...

Armin , regarding the tag editor, did you try our tag editor below ? are you running Windows or a Mac ?

New TAG editor tool in progress

I never fount the time to build a binary out of it but you can run it easily with running the source in python, if someone gifted with Pyinstaller or Py2Exe wants to try , the source are still available ( I will check the DL links tonite, I also have to check 1.6 compability).

• Tagging and some sort of rig database to search, select, group and copy rigs to USB stick would be enough for my purposes.
    I don't need an editor to adjust rig parameters remotely, but I can understand that rack version users might have lots of interest. But I wouldn't consider this an "editor" but a "remote control".

Cheers,
    Martin

• I don't give a stuff about an editor or library, I have never hooked Up the KPA to a computer, but I understand others wishes, so + 1 on a selfish level.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• The request for a Kemper Editor is not done to prevent future developments KPA.
    This request is for users who want this editor in the future functionality.
    Please stop believing that a request is worse than the other.
    Sorry for my bad English.

• The request for a Kemper Editor is not done to prevent future developments KPA.

I tend to agree with this. I dont really have any need for an editor at this time, but it would be nice if they developed one at some point. Not because I cant do it all from the front of the unit, but because parts fail eventually. I would at some point rather click a mouse then continually twist the front knobs and push the front buttons. Especially the browse knob. Im always afraid Im going to wear that one out eventually.

Kemper is a small company with limited resources. Whatever new endeavors they take will most assuredly delay their current project load. I too would love an editor but I am content with them getting performance mode and the KFC completed first. After all the currently pending features are done, including the Librarian with Tag Editing, then I'd love to see a live editor.

If the NRPN MIDI interface was enhanced to support editing tags, we'd be set. For those looking to adjust parameters remotely, there are already Live Editing capabilities for Computers and Tablets running several available MIDI apps. This has been shown on the forum several times.

The KPA seems to attract a larger number of knob twisting computer haters (the last of the real amp users....lol) I was shocked to see that this community didn't produce more open source editor efforts like some of the other guitar processor forums have in the past. We're really missing the boat. But then again, Kemper makes an amp sim that is designed around the concept of FRFR amplifaction....and a huge number want to keep their cabinets or run through their traditional amp. ?(:?:;( This has occurred because the KPA sounds so freakin' good that folks that aren't ready to adopt digital gear are migrating and the growing pains are very evident!

It's kind of humorous to watch! :thumbup:

Sure, I'd love an editor in due time!
    +1

bd