Best _______ profile

• There are a few threads like this floating around but this is MY thread! :D

What do you guys consider the best.....(give actual profile names/authors)

JCM800

5150/5153

Diezel Herbert

AC30

Fender Bassman

Splawn Quickrod

Mesa Dual/Triple Rectifier

Fender Deluxe Reverb

Marshall Super Lead 1959

Marshall Plexi

I've been testing a ton of profiles and want to hear what you guys think are the best from this list. What do you think?

• Out of that list I like 5150.
    I've been playing, almost exclusively, a tweaked version of Ashley Lane's JCM 2000. Killer for metal tones!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• There is a S. Mehl modded bassman on one of the rig packs profiled by M. Weistroer. The way this thing resonates and growls with a big old open e chord is
    superb IMO.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Keep em coming guys

Which JCM800? I see a lot of talk about AND44 but which profile? A free one or from the factory?

The AND44 JCM800 profile that's been getting huge props lately is the paid one. I believe it's the JCM800 HM (Hot Mod). I actually purchased it based off the "WOAH" thread in the Commercial Rigs forum. Haven't had a chance to put it through the paces yet though. I just loaded it up and played a couple of the profiles. Sounds pretty good with no tweaking though.

• It's funny, given the Kemper's accuracy in modeling so many amps so effectively I'm actually going in the opposite direction. I constantly find myself looking to variations on one profile for all my tones: the Morgan AC20. So incredibly versitile. Now, I've also been slowly building up an collection of the usual suspects but limiting myself to one profile per amp and in almost all cases it's been a Soundside profile for vintage Fender, Amp Factory for boutique, and a mix for everything else. Here's what I have from your collection:

JCM800 - Amp Factory Pack 1

AC30 - Amp Factory Pack 1

Fender Bassman - still working on this one.

Mesa Dual/Triple Rectifier - Not a "recto" but have Eric Stam's F30 profile as a Fav

Fender Deluxe Reverb - Soundside '57 Deluxe

Marshall Super Lead 1959/Marshall Plexi - I know, not the same amp(s), but the only other Marshall's I currently have as favs are The Amp Factory Marshall 1987 JMP HW from Pack 3 and Eric Stam's Slash.

• 1.) Best Diezel VH4 Ch 3 and 4 Profiles at this point - R.U. Sirius. I have a VH4 here at home and it is spot on! The others I have tried are not even close, including The Amp Factory. This is my other go to preset.

2.) Best Bogner XTC profile - without a question - Kalvitz. Both his red and blue profiles are outstanding! A close second is Peter Fisher's XTC #6 (but his choice of cab that he profiled isn't the greatest) These are both part of my go to sounds.

3.) Best Bogner Ubershall profile - Mudrock - also check out his ultra rare Bogner "Caveman" profile! Awesome!

4.) Best JCM800 Profile - Mudrock - I believe he calls this profile Jordan?

5.) Best Friedman Marsha Profile - OKstrat

6.) Best Mesa Dual Rec profile - this the Rack version - Pete Turley (I think?) - if you haven't tried this yet, it is absolutely outstanding! I've been looking for one of these for years and they are a mean and lean tone machine. Pete captured it perfectly. This is my main go to sound now.

7.) EVH 5150III - still searching for one that is good. Haven't found it yet.

8.) Best Triple Rec profile - Ola Englund. It needs some tweaking because there are some upper frequency anomalies happening there for some strange reason (I pulled down the pick attack), depending upon your system but it does get the job done.

9.) Till's cabs - these are a great substitution for some of the cabs with the profiles if you haven't used them.

10.) There are a couple of Jubilee Marshall presents which are amazing as well as the Slash JCM present which is also very authentic. I just don't have the authors names handy. But credit to them for posting great work!

11.) There is an ENGL Fireball profile that also has great potential. I tried to like the various Engl SE profiles but they need to be redone. There's some something not quite right on how they were miked up for the heavier tones.

12.) The Splawn profiles from Fast Red Pony Car are superb! These are well profiled.

13.) Various profiles from Andy at the Amp Factory - many are outstanding!

There is more but I'd have to scroll through to find them. I ended up using Pete's Ractifer profile on a recent commercial project that was purchased by a smaller motion picture company. Whether or not they use it is now in their hands. However, they loved the tone and the studio who was coordinating the files from the musicians involved was asking what amp I used. Needless to say, they were very surprised and wanted more info on the Kemper. If I get approval to share the clip, I'll do so.

:thumbup:

Edited 7 times, last by PBGas ().

• Factory profiles:
    Siggi Mehl
    AC 30 top boost
    Fuchs ODS

Free ones:
    Morgan AC 20
    1978 Dumble
    Black Goop
    Nuno Bettencourt
    Egnater Tourmaster
    Engl Steve Morse
    Marshall Golub
    Cornford Hrly
    ...and many more

Andy's Ampfactory...
    Vibrolux
    Carol Ann
    Trainwreck
    Plexi
    Hiwatt
    Bogner XTC Blue
    /13
    Dr.Z
    .... and mostly everything else

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Nice stuff guys!

I'm having trouble finding the racktifier from Pete...anyone know what it's called?

Will - the Morgan is a GREAT one...used that for a lead on my CD.

Pete Turley and Okstrat are the same person.
    Most of his profiles are located here: http://petesprofiles.weebly.com/
    Something like < 2% of people that download his stuff actually donate. So if you can, give him a little compensation via the paypal links on there. They are amazing profiles and I'm sure he put a lot of work into them.

• Pete Turley and Okstrat are the same person.
    Something like < 2% of people that download his stuff actually donate. So if you can, give him a little compensation via the paypal links on there. They are amazing profiles and I'm sure he put a lot of work into them.

just donated!!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Pete Turley and Okstrat are the same person.

Oh that Pete! I have his stuff...and I've donated. :thumbup:

• Morgan AC20
    Fargen( Fairgain The King)
    Pittbull
    Laney 50W
    Supro
    Trainwreck ...and another 967 profiles on my Kemper ....

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Im trying to setup a demo Kemper with a nice mixture of Profiles...in other words a Kemper not dominated by my Profiles.

Would you guys mind taking your top 10 Profiles, zipping them and providing a Dropbox link to download?
    Obviously exclude any Amp Factory and Armin commercial Profiles.

Thanks