Connecting Kemper to Yamaha DXR12 powered speaker

• Glad you like it. Told you you would like it and they are mega loud, light and give you a 7 year warranty!!!

You'll really enjoy it at the gigs

• DocLine6forum, this is great news! Can't wait for your follow-up! :)

• The gig went very well.
    The DXR 10 only amplified my KPA (vocals and other signals went through another backline).
    It was a very 'noisy' stage and the DXR held up very well.
    Also the very wide sound dispersion (no beam!) is very nice.
    Sounded great and felt great.

It may very well be that ATM the DXR series gives you the most bang for the buck when you're Shopping for a FRFR solution..
    At one point I will have to compare it side by side with an Atomic CLR to see/hear if there are differences that justify the much higher price of the CLR.

• Thanks for the follow up, deeply appreciated! :thumbup:

• I would love to hear this comparison also.

• It may very well be that ATM the DXR series gives you the most bang for the buck when you're Shopping for a FRFR solution..
    At one point I will have to compare it side by side with an Atomic CLR to see/hear if there are differences that justify the much higher price of the CLR.

I'm wondering how these compare to the ART310A's that I have. The ARTs are significantly less expensive ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I will try to compare when the CLR becomes available in Europe.
    I'm not quite sure yet if it's worthwhile to go the extra mile with the CLR, which in the end means tweaking your rigs with the least colouring system for a FOH that may well be colouring your sound again.
    In the end we'll still have to rely on the miking guy not to fxck up our precious signal.

OTOH I have to say that I have owned 4 different Atomic products up to now: the 18W/1x12 unit, the 50W/2x12, the FR cab and the FR wedge.
    I have always felt they were solid but not outstanding.
    Let's see if the CLR can live up to the hype.

• Yes, the participation of Jay Mitchell to the project has taken it to a different level. I've been following the CLRs since their announcement and IMO every comparison with previous Atomic products falls short... by a long shot.

As for the opportunity to tweak own sound through something which is going to sound different from the PAs, I agree this is an issue... to a point. I believe there are several reasons to choose a great sounding cab anyway.

Most listeners, unless they are musicians themselves, can't tell a Les Paul from a Tele anyway. At the same time, if you treat yourself with a great sound and feeling, you'll be happy and will play better. I believe the CLRs can offer this experience, provided the KPA outputs great sounds. OTOH, a worse cab to make the sounds on will not ensure better results statistically anyway.

Also consider that, if you own a great cab, you'll use it in all the situations, included when there's no PA, and it's great to always have the best possible sound.

Slightly OT, I don't buy the "I can't see how X can sound better than my Y" attitude. Not referring to anyone of the forumites specifically, but I really believe that things need to be experienced first hand!

:)

• Hey guys I just came upon this conversation and have a question. I bought the rackmount kemper 2 months ago and it's sweet.... I'm having a little trouble though .... Having a hard time with the patches that I design at home not translating or sounding the same when I plug in to our system at my church. At home I've been coming direct out of the left main output into a Kustom powered 12" monitor. My cleans sound really close but the heavier stuff is definitely different. Could it be that the Kustom wedge is a piece of crap??? A lot of people seem to love the Yamaha. Sound equipment at church is top notch.... New Midas board and all

• I had a kustom 12" speaker and now have a yamaha dxr 10....The difference is night and day. I prefer the yamaha hands down. Don't know if this helps but our bass player wasn't sold on the kemper, but when I switched to yamaha speaker, he changed his mind and wants a kpa now.

• Hey guys I just came upon this conversation and have a question. I bought the rackmount kemper 2 months ago and it's sweet.... I'm having a little trouble though .... Having a hard time with the patches that I design at home not translating or sounding the same when I plug in to our system at my church. At home I've been coming direct out of the left main output into a Kustom powered 12" monitor. My cleans sound really close but the heavier stuff is definitely different. Could it be that the Kustom wedge is a piece of crap??? A lot of people seem to love the Yamaha. Sound equipment at church is top notch.... New Midas board and all

I think there are three main issues here:

• the two loudspeaker subsystems sound very different, so of course the sound doesn't translate;
      Playing volume is probably quite different, this requires a different EQ (much more mids, less bass and maybe less trebles when the volume is higher);
      The church itself is a room which sounds way different, and this affects the sound a lot

For the best result you should try and make your sounds at church, possibly at realistic volume. Best would be the church was crowded, but this would probably be asking too much :D

HTH

• Ok so could the fact that I just realized today that the master outputs on the kemper are LINE level and I'm pretty sure the board is set for mic level inputs have something to do with my FOH sounding trebly and fizzy???