Interesting comparison, Kemper VS Marshall TSL602 mic'd

• My buddy, Peter Hanmer's new album is releasing in a week or two. (check the video)

Anyway, the very first demo we did with the Kemper (2011) a few months before the Kemper released has become one of the songs on the album.
    We did a very quick Kemper demo, took us an hour, not using a real drummer, programmed drums.
    Of course the version on the album has Larry Rose on drums, and took much longer to put together...keep that in mind when comparing.
    The clean middle section (1:42) is Kemper on both tracks.
    Same guitars used on both tracks, Tokai LS98F and Classic Player 60's MIM Strat.

Here's the version on the album...TSL602 + Crunch Box mic'd with an SM57.
    https://soundcloud.com/peter-john-hanmer/blues-parade

Here's the original Kemper demo.
    https://soundcloud.com/temper5…er-profiling-amp-foxglove

Here's a promo video of another song off the album.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…E&feature=player_embedded

• The TSL version has more gain in the lead tone, I actually like more the one from the demo, more expressive, IMO. The rythm tone is spot on.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Keep in mind, on the Kemper demo we used a stock Uwe Bossert JCM800 profile for the first rhythm and lead section, and the stock Kemper Mesa Dual Rectifier (Modern) for the last heavier part.
    On the album version it's a TSL602/Crunchbox for the entire song.

When I get some tome Peter and I will Profile his TSL602/Crunchbox.

I would have given Peter the Kemper to do the album, but most of the time my unit was out for demo, so I didn't get a chance to give it to him.

• He was about to buy one, but unfortunately his mom has developed some serious health problems and his finances have taken a whack!...so it's on hold.
    I'd like to endorse him with one, but then my finances will take a whack! :D

• Sorry, no offense, but what do you mean to say when you call the thread "interesting comparison"? As far as I see and understand, you used a stock profile for the demo and for the album version a different setup. On what basis are we supposed to compare both versions then? I mean, it is clear that both sound different. So what's the point? Maybe, that the demo version sounds pretty good - although different?

• Sorry, no offense, but what do you mean to say when you call the thread "interesting comparison"? As far as I see and understand, you used a stock profile for the demo and for the album version a different setup. On what basis are we supposed to compare both versions then? I mean, it is clear that both sound different. So what's the point? Maybe, that the demo version sounds pretty good - although different?

Same song, different guitar tones...it's as simple as that, nothing scientific going on here, just for fun.
    "Interesting", because it turns out after 14 months, what once was just a casual Kemper demo becomes a song on the album.

• I think you posted this on TGP, right?

Initially I only compared the first minute on that forum where I mentioned The rhythm and solo of the first section don't gain match so I couldn't compare them.

However,
    You mentioned the "clean guitars" at 1:42 here so I went to those areas to inspect and I seriously can't tell the difference on either of the two guitars on either clip.

Imagining how difficult it is to setup an amp the same way in the first place, the fact they sound the same is as much a tribute to the Engineering skills of the setup as it is the Kemper profiling. Wow. Would love to protege! ;)