How to get the "Brown sound" with the Kemper...

• I also believe that this type of videos are very interisting in general and it's very good that was done and thought by Kemper Amp directly, it's for sure a great idea :thumbup:

Just a question: how he did that sound, in the video, on 4:11-4:14, and repeat for example at 4:28? Is it more in his hands, or a special setting of the phaser !??!?! really I would like to understand better, can someone help me??? ?(

Thanks!

Here's how to do that:

Mute the strings with your left hand.

Raise your right hand above the strings, and turn your wrist, so the pick is not parallel to the strings.

Scrape the side edge of your pick along the top of the low E string. Each time, move a little farther away from the bridge, and more toward the neck. Try using up strokes, toward the neck.

After you reach the neck with your picking hand, you also can slide your left hand down toward the headstock (with the strings still muted) for the lower sounds.

If you try this with any high gain sound, you will hear it happen.

BTW - The VH profiles you have posted to will do it, too. Thanks again for posting those :)

• Gundy Keller is one of the best and the most innovative thinkig demonstrators/guitarists.
    I know that He has helped the Roland products with great presentations.
    It,s great to have it here, at Kemper!
    Congratulations Mr. Kemper!
    :thumbup:

• Gundy Keller is one of the best and the most innovative thinkig demonstrators/guitarists.

Yes, indeed!
    I've always enjoyed his presentations with Roland immensely!
    Hope to see him at the Kemper booth...

Agreed. Good move hooking up with Gundy! :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• another example of skolds sound (poor quality) . And i dont think its exactly the EVH sound but the same direction.. more gain and more modern. Really think this is the false direction?

That sounds more like something that would be in the range of a Super Lead, at least gain wise. But it still has scooped mids and not that midrange bite the olde Marshalls up to the JCM800 are known for. Knowing these amps quite well I can at least say you can't dial out that midrange sound because the tone stack on those older Marshalls is not really doing that much ;)

But of course they could have done all sorts of things in the studio and it does sound processed to me. So your best bet would be to try the grafic EQ in the Kemper. I would look for a JCM900 profile though or maybe even a TSL. That might be a better starting point than a vintage Marshall.

• That sounds more like something that would be in the range of a Super Lead, at least gain wise. But it still has scooped mids and not that midrange bite the olde Marshalls up to the JCM800 are known for. Knowing these amps quite well I can at least say you can't dial out that midrange sound because the tone stack on those older Marshalls is not really doing that much ;)

But of course they could have done all sorts of things in the studio and it does sound processed to me. So your best bet would be to try the grafic EQ in the Kemper. I would look for a JCM900 profile though or maybe even a TSL. That might be a better starting point than a vintage Marshall.

Ok thank you. Maybe i just into the pre-amp-processing shown in this video. try it with other amps - maybe i get my "palm-mute-chunk" and have my perfect profile :)

• I know Gundy from a Roland Workshop and indeed this is a very interesting video and yes thank you for uploading this!

and i would love - as a total newbie to tweaking - to recreate all this stuff step by step. therefore i would need this original profile.
    with another one i would be total at a loss where to start with ... ?( ?( ?(

but i cannot find the profile Mars JTM45. i tried ANY possible keyword in the DS. Kemper, andy44, Marshall, whatever, you name it
    i searched it! please, where is this profile? help is appreciated.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• i have found this one

MARSHALL-JTM45-FULL on mackenzies page and will try it in 15 minutes

by the way: did gundy play an actual van halen song or his own "imitation" of an evh-riff ?

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• i have found this one

MARSHALL-JTM45-FULL on mackenzies page and will try it in 15 minutes

by the way: did gundy play an actual van halen song or his own "imitation" of an evh-riff ?

That's not the original file.

The original profile is a factory profile that was among the new profiles by TAF (actually that's And44 ;) )

It is called "TAF-Go Jimi Go".

The Mackenzie JTM is godawful if you ask me. Sounds nothing like a JTM45 and I'd be very surprised if you get the van Halen sound out of it even if you'd apply the same tweaks as Gundy Keller did.

• yes garrincha, thumbs up. i say it not loud, but i think those profiles of tm are not good
    but i am still searching for this gojimigo
    believe me, i have even registered at andi's place
    nowhere to be found, :( :( if it was in the DS section, could anybody PLEASE send it or upload it?? should be legal then.
    second difficulty i face: my menue does not look the same as in the Video and i do not have this phaser
    did i miss an important update???? ?( ?( ?(

• thank you very much as always, davide :thumbup: :thumbup: btw which rig pack? 4? anyway, i have it, thanx

i am afraid i am on a very old OS. i am so glad that i downgraded to less than 100 rigs, i am afraid of the tedious task of
    deleting all those rigs that come with the OS. am i right or am i wrong? ?(

but you're right: i'll update to 1.6.1 as soon as is unzippable (1.6.0. is no more in the DS)

last question and we call it a day: what does gundy play? which song?

cheers

• Is less than 1000 the suggested limit, though is not (yet) brickwalled.

The rig is part of the Pack Andy did for Kemper and is available on the Kemper website (not Andy's one).

I'm not a VH fan so I've no clue what he's playing.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• this is exactly what i thought
    i have played got me with my students but gundys phrasing makes it more interesting and the other one
    unchained here was not sooo obvious as well
    grazie maurizio :thumbup: