Using 2 profiles at once

• Immaturity on Libertarian forums can often be solved by delivering a swift dictatorial kick in the seat of the pants. Different strokes for different folks ;)!

What these kids don't realize is this forum isn't going to clean up their mess and hide it. Welcome to the real world, you left the sandbox behind. It's out there now and forever. So 30 years from now, if someone wants to investigate them, there is their poor behavior for all to see. Even their own kids kids will be able to read their rants and be embarrassed by them.

The courts can hide a juvenile record, but the Internet has no such charms...

• I disagree as many other people sharing their KPA experiences in other forums. Maybe is a cultural barrier. A big one. IMHO, calling the users of your products witch hunters, not high intelligent and compare them to a flock of sheep is offensive.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: (I can use those smileys too!)

Pacocito,
    You have been a poster in the thread in question. This is why you feel addressed and insulted by my words.
    What is your conclusion of the whole topic about sound changes in firmware 1.6?

• link not working. i hope this link is fixed in the next FW update, if CK isnt too busy drinking the blood of new born children. i did paid my hard earned money for a working unit 15 months ago

• I'm really disappointed that together with the rapid growth also a certain number of Trolls are starting to infest this otherwise very nice corner of the Web.....

Yes, Davide. I was thinking the exact same thing. This forum has been one of the most civil I've seen, and it would be a shame to see it degrade. However, I guess some of that is bound to happen as the user base grows. We don't all have to agree to at least be polite ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Maybe the user base has grown to the point where we need some more moderators. Also, i think we need more sticky and f.a.q. threads. The requests for certain features or questions how to do certain things always keep reapperaing. A lot of those "ranting" threads could be avoided with a more usable information base. I have to admit that the search for information is not as good as it could be.

• Also the number or posts from people who like to post absolutely NO VALUE comments is pathetic. If you have no actual value to add please spare us your pathetic words as you're clogging up a forum that should be about the product and actually helping others.

Thanks for this great advice, bro, how about you take your own advice?

• Some fine skills going here :D

• Ok, here are my 2 Cents as a newbie on this forum (I'm a newbie here, but as Ingolf I was a moderator over at the german Line6-Forum for 10 years...so I read it all before): The problem with all those feature requests, gimme this, gimme that, why can't we save more than 1000 rigs, we want a whammy, a pitch shifter, a librarian and so on is the attitude behind it. All over the planet we're heading towards a 1-Click-Society, where we can get everything at the touch of a button. And now with the KPA even amps (I mean, do you remember the time, when we had to lift our asses out of the chair to switch channels on TV?). But behind the "1-Click-ordering-of-everything" there's still some work to do to get it running. The work behind that isn't 1-Click! We should never forget this.

If we believe, that Kemper owes us something, we're wrong. Kemper owes us nothing but a toaster, which is running and has the features, that were advertised, when we bought it. We gave the money, we got the toaster. Simple and fair as that. It wasn't like: If you buy a KPA, you get a librarian, or a whammy, or a pitch shifter. And it wasn't like: If you buy a KPA you can store as much rigs as you want or you can run two profiles at once. It wasn't like: If you buy a KPA, the developer will read and comment all your posts on the forum. All we get above the toaster we bought is a gift. I mean, we don't go to the supermarket to say: Hey, I bought a bread yesterday and if you don't give me butter for free now, I'll get very very angry.

The second point on all those things is: Nobody of us users know, how the KPA works in detail. What do we know about the problems of developing e.g. a librarian? Nothing do we know about it, that's the simple truth. And if somebody of us knows, why don't you create it?

Third point: What do we know about Kempers time management? I mean, there was the NAMM, there will be the Musikmesse, maybe they have families, wifes, children, friends. Maybe they are ill on a few days like we all are sometimes. Maybe they're just happy to sit down and drink a beer after a day full of work and not to read posts on a forum, where everybody cries for a different thing.

Sorry for the long post. I don't want to offend anyone of you, just to make it clear. All I want to say is, that maybe all of us must change our mind on certain things.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Thanks for this excellent post.

• While i do get your point, that's not really true.
    Performance mode was indeed advertised. It still is, both on the site and in the manual. So is redo/undo

Furthermore, and regarding your second point, i don't think we're asking for features.

If so, i don't think we should be - and i say that as an engineer in trade.

What we're asking for is disclosure. Honest, polite communication at face value. And i don't think that's much to ask, regardless of CK's schedule.

Anyway, i believe this thread has run it's course.
    It hasn't really been derailed, but the OP who came here to ask about 2 profiles was concerned with CK's response so that's what has been discussed.

Trolls and rude people are irrelevant, don't let them deter from the potential usefulness of this thread.

I appreciate CK chiming in with an answer but i don't understand why - if you've got so much to say - not open a thread and explain? That's all anyone was asking for, really.

I hope, at the very least, this thread shows that some of us are bothered by things that could be easily solvable.

Let's hope they are indeed solved soon.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• IMHO asking a company operating in Hi-Tech / Software products, in a very competitive field, for full disclosure IS asking way too much. It would be very naive to do it for both marketing and competition reasons. I work also in a Hi-Tech market and we never ever disclose anything 'till we are ready to shock the market (and our competitors) and sure to get an objective advantage from it. Guys, is business, don't forget it.

Again, I'm just peacefully expressing my opinion.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Again, I'm just peacefully expressing my opinion.

Which is the point of a forum and is appreciated, but how is timeline disclosure on already promised and advertised features (performance, undo/redo) risky?

Again, this thread might have started out as a (legitimately declined) feature request, but 8 out of 11 pages are discussions on response to requests, even for features we were already promised.

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• A unit at the NAMM was already sporting Performance mode (as said by a forumite that was attending the exibition) and the Musikmesse is around the corner....let's be shortly patient... ;) (I'm just assuming here...)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• What we're asking for is disclosure. Honest, polite communication at face value. And i don't think that's much to ask, regardless of CK's schedule.

Doesn't this go under the voice "owed things" as well? Apparently you did not move the actual issue by an inch... I believe Kemper have the right to not reveal their plans, we did not pay for that as well. The same stands when it comes to Performance mode, there was no commitment by Kemper to have it ready within a certain date.
    I really can't justify all this feeling of entitlement. We bought a device, not a timeline sheet.
    But it might be just me, of course.

As for the thread derailing... many of these pages are due to someone's lack of good manners, IMO :P
    Anyone is entitled to ask and express their feelings, as long as they stay good-mannered and respect the others (like we are doing now).

Peace

• Now that, i really can't understand.

You own a manual that stated that there is a performance mode that does certain things it doesn't.
    It's advertised on the site which i checked thoroughly when deciding to buy a KPA unit - i'm assuming you did as well.

How does that not count as a commitment?
    And if we paid for it - which we did - why are we not owed a timeline?

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• This thread isn't about Profiler. It isn't about the community.

It's about using 2 profiles at once.

If there's anything about the original topic to say it's this:
    0) The KPA isn't going to get this feature so...
    1) If you want 2 profiles at once, buy two units and put one into the loop of the other, or..
    2) Buy one unit and reamp the same dry guitar signal through the unit twice and track each different profile separately into your DAW or..
    3) If you want both of these profiles combined before the Kemper FX, buy the unit and record step 2 dry, then reamp them together back into the KPA track a third time into your DAW using the KPA's FX.
    4) Try doing step 3 having the DAW play them using the KPA's FX Loop before the FX you want having the Stack OFF.

• "As for the thread derailing... many of these pages are due to someone's lack of good manners, IMO"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All this rhetoric about everyone's overly sensitive feelings and THEIR passive "aggressive" posts responding to my post about actual facts. Your responses/hypocrisy are further supporting my post.

Are we entitled to upgrades somebody asked - you bet as most potential buyers do due dilligence before purchasing by downloading manuals and in this case performance mode is mentioned and let's not overlook the toaster has a rotary switch that has a performance position. If this doesn't entitle you to a future promise you must not be thinking straight. For people to ask when "after" they paid good money is 100% justifiable.

I'd also like respond to someone's comment about not telling the forum/market about future updates due to the competition. Kemper's only competition is Fractal so any updates in the effects dept or routing capabilities are at NO risk to Kemper as Fractal are light years ahead already in the effects/routing dept compared to Kemper. So this excuse does not stand and is considered a poor joke. I'd like to add I prefer the amp sounds of the KPA compared to the Fractal but I can still be objective and accept when another product in certain areas is far superior. (I own both)

Back to the OP's question re 2 profiles at once - CK's technical response would be very welcomed by most I suspect.
    I would think the KPA doesn't have the CPU power like the Fractal (2 tigerSHARC CPUs) and never will. A guess, but again CK's definitive technical response would lay to rest all together anybody thinking a future development may allow this.

If Fractal with future firmware updates (10?) achieve amp like feel like the KPA the life of the current KPA will die VERY quickly. If CK wants more people onboard re his product, maybe talking regularly about what's coming more openly and in detail will help his business plan to a quicker realisation.

If the above offends you go to church and pray for me, if the above is boring you ignore it all together and go out and have a good time. If you disagree with it I could care less and won't read your response.

My manners & objectivism are intact, can you truly say yours are.