Pitch shifter presets / recommendations

• Hello

Hey do someone find these type settings Joe Satriani POG and harmonizer would be great to have those amazing settings that second settings guitar sounds like a keyboard :)

09:10-09:32 what settings that have?

02:23- 02:54 what settings that have?

And i find youtube one video cover that Super Colossal whit POG on settings he was use is these if someone can figured out those and share those?

With the POG you can add a sub octave, +1 octave, +1 octave detuned, +2 octaves and +2 octaves detuned

And settings what i use is Sub0-octave slide to 60%, the rest to 55%. LPF mode on 2.

• Since you have such a good ear for this stuff, take a look at the Pedal Steel attempt that I posted earlier in this thread. Any ideas for making that even more authentic?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Them two youtube examples are great would defo like to know that harmony one in the first video. :D

• KItchen Sink rig idea :

it would do all this at once; baritone guitar with stereo pitch based tripling, a whammy that goes in two directions at the same time when the pedal is operated, and three part intelligent harmony. Reverb and delay are both still separately available , AND there is STILL one more open effects slot.

Too subtle?

Drinking already this evening? :D

• Hey

Can someone explain what those step 0 1 2 3 and so on.... Do? I don`t know those what they do? And do someone know is there possible to have like a open bass E-string is normal whitout harmony ,and ADGBe is only harmonizer and that can be setup? I never figured out any harmonizer units that ,and should that be possible have like this -->

E normal
    A harmony
    D harmony
    G harmony
    B harmony
    e harmony

• Here are a couple of thoughts (I've been on the run all week, and haven't had enough hands on time to program the new Kemper smoother and cleaner replacements for the G-System harmonies I've been using yet - hopefully, tomorrow night, so I can use them at Saturday's show):

Your choice of physically playing the middle pitch is ideal - the smaller the amount of the two pitch shifts, the more natural the shifted pitches sound.

Here's a tweak suggestion that will likely sound closer, but you'll need at least one Rig per key.
    Two voices of Harmonic Pitch would provide pedal steel moving chord change effects, with string bends.
    It would sound even more dynamic if played with a slide.
    A fair amount of compression (maybe amp compression, too?), and some quiet multiple repeat tap tempo delay will help to get closer to the sustain that pedal steels have.

• [quote='Dimebucker1984',index.php?page=Thread&postID=80833#post80833]Hello

Hey do someone find these type settings Joe Satriani POG and harmonizer would be great to have those amazing settings that second settings guitar sounds like a keyboard :)

09:10-09:32 what settings that have?

I'm not certain that I have the intervals right but I get something close to this sound with the Chromatic Pitch effect in the X or Mod slot with these settings:
    Voice 1 Pitch -5
    Voice 2 Pitch 5
    Detune 0.0
    Voice Mix 1.7
    Mix 40%
    Ducking 0.0
    Volume 0.0

I use it after a moderately distorted amp profile like a Plexi or JTM45 Marshall.

Brian

• Great :thumbup: , i especially like the "mogue mini", i really hope to have some more "synth sounding" presets !!!

• Same question for me - can anyone explain ( in simple terms) what the step 0,1,2 etc is referenced to...I can see there is one step for each note in an octave here?? Beyond that I'm a bit lost ;(

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• Here are a couple of thoughts (I've been on the run all week, and haven't had enough hands on time to program the new Kemper smoother and cleaner replacements for the G-System harmonies I've been using yet - hopefully, tomorrow night, so I can use them at Saturday's show):

Your choice of physically playing the middle pitch is ideal - the smaller the amount of the two pitch shifts, the more natural the shifted pitches sound.

Here's a tweak suggestion that will likely sound closer, but you'll need at least one Rig per key.
    Two voices of Harmonic Pitch would provide pedal steel moving chord change effects, with string bends.
    It would sound even more dynamic if played with a slide.
    A fair amount of compression (maybe amp compression, too?), and some quiet multiple repeat tap tempo delay will help to get closer to the sustain that pedal steels have.

Thanks, I'll give these ideas a try. As for Harmonic Pitch, I had already tried that and found the Chromatic to sound better for this. Maybe I approached it wrong? Anyway, if you get something working that you like, I'd love to get a copy of it. :thumbup:

• I use the pitch shifter to emulate a bass sound. Just 100% in -12 .... It is really great to jam with a looper and to have now a bass sound right away .... Thanks Mr Kemper

• Hey
    Can someone explain what those step 0 1 2 3 and so on.... Do? I don`t know those what they do?

let's say you selected 'C' as your key.
    now the User Scale steps correspond to the notes like this:

Step 0 = C
    Step 1 = C#
    Step 2 = D
    Step 3 = D#
    Step 4 = E
    etc.

the steps that form the major scale are: 0 (root), 2 (major second), 4 (major third), 5 (perfect fourth), 7 (perfect fifth) , 9 (major sixth), 11 (major seventh)
    now let's say you want to harmonize the major scale with thirds alternating above and below.
    step 0 = +4 (C + E)
    step 2 = -3 (D + B)
    step 4 = +3 (E + G)
    step 5 = -3 (F + D)
    step 7 = +4 (G + B)
    step 9 = -4 (A + F)
    step 11 = +3 (B + D)

this is not possible, since the pitch shifter can't detect if you're playing a B on the E-string, seventh fret, or on the A-string 2nd fret, for exsample.

• alrighty then,
    for 'intelligent' pitch shifting, simply choose the Harmonic Pitch effect, select your key, the two intervals, use voice to get the mix between them right and bingo.
    this works for major and minor keys as well as modes of the major scale. after all, major is just another name for ionian and (natural) minor is aeolian.

if you want your harmonies to be correct in dorian, select the relative major key. In this case it is a major second below the dorian key.
    exsample: For A dorian select G major.

if you want your harmonies to be correct in lydian, select the relative major key a perfect fourth below, or a perfect fifth above (same thing). So for E lydian select B major (which is the german H-Dur)

again, this sounds way more complicated than it really is. ;)

the user scales serve two purposes:
    harmonize scales like melodic, harmonic minor, symmetrical scales etc. correctly,
    or
    use them to make the pitch shift amounts/intervals non-parallel. (they are basically a carte blanche for creative pitch shifting)

as an exsample let's take a look at the major scale harmonized with intervalls in this order:
    octave above, perf. fifth above, perf. fourth above, major third above, perf. fourth below, perf. fifth below, octave below

the steps of the major scale are 0, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11

to get the harmonizing scheme mentioned above, set it like this:

Step 0 = +12
    Step 2 = +7
    Step 4 = +5
    Step 5 = +4
    Step 7 = -5
    Step 9 = -7
    Step 11 = -12

• I would try different EQ and mix settings.

If it sounds like an organ, my guess is the +12 voices are too loud, compared to the natural guitar.

This could especially be the case if you used two pitches at +12. It will likely need to be less than 50% to sound natural, because the high strings on a 12 string are thinner, and that makes them quieter (and if you have two of them at this point, they will need to be even lower.)

Try adjusting the mix to 0%, then bring up the volume of the two Pitch voices slowly, until you can hear the effect at a natural sounding level

If it sounds detached from the guitar, it is likely still too loud.

If it does not sound animated enough, try a little detune.

If it sounds too animated with even the slightest amount of detune, try adjusting the balance between the two +12 voices. With detune activated, one of them is slightly sharp, and the other is slightly flat. Adjusting that balance affects the depth of modulation between the two pitches. You may find you prefer the sound of just flat, or just sharp, or somewhere in between.