Fractilians vs Tony McKenzie

• Mr Happy Kemper. This is not HCAF. I didn't come here to fight. I came to explain what I saw in a thread, a mistaken reference to a post of mine.

There is no fight here just a discussion. You know the reason you don't like Tony and why you get emotional. I just think it's poor judgement and looks bad when someone with your long red line post history point fingers and often try to rise above, smear and discredit others who says something they don't like about fractal.

You are driven by strong defensive fanboy emotions and have choosen to take on the role as a fractal police prowling forums and jumps in as soon as someone writes something they don't like about fractal. The gear forums are full of your posts and many are tired of it. Many of your posts are removed from TGP and fas forums and a lot of users on the fractal forum have posted they think you should calm down and don't get worked up what other users think about fractal.

• Yeah, exactly how much ram does the Kemper have anyway? Would've been sweet to make it upgradable lol.

As for Tony McKenzie, I actually don't know who he is, but, I did come across his site and reviews before I bought my Kemper. His points about the forum situation did infact put me off the competitor product. I hope things here will be as "free" and "open" as N.I. forums.

• Tony McKenzie tells it like it is, I could care less if he didn't care for the Kemper, it's his opinion.....Many fully grown men have a hard time dealing with other fully grown men not liking the gear they make love to on a daily basis.....many need to find a sexual partner, male or female....

• Tony McKenzie tells it like it is, I could care less if he didn't care for the Kemper, it's his opinion.....Many fully grown men have a hard time dealing with other fully grown men not liking the gear they make love to on a daily basis.....many need to find a sexual partner, male or female....

This! :)

• Hi Zentman,

Welcome on this Forum , and please enjoy freedom of speech .
    Nobody will ban you or delete your post , or lock this thread.

If they ban you, pls let me know, I will unsubscribe from this Forum ASAP ,even I do not agree with you !

So, I accept your answer and explanation regarding analogy , and I appreciate the fact you come here to explain it , since you haven't got chance to do that on Fractal Gear Page - because they lock the thread again (and they will delete it probably as well) .

I simply understand no body normal will compare Tony with Hitler, just because Tony didn't like Axe or he made a wrong review, or Big Harry said he is more popular than TGP members .

After all, this is just about guitar , playing and enjoying modern gear ,this is not bloody WWII .

Have a good time on this Forum ,

Zoran

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• I can't believe that we keep on debating this. :)
    Zentman came in and explained himself, and thanks for that.
    BTW his explanation is exactly how I perceived the thread over there at TGP (where I'm only lurking) albeit I still think it went over the top in general.
    But I don't see any malignity at all.
    So it's all good now (it should be!!!) and no reason at all to get into another heated argument.

Have a nice weekend everybody!
    8)

It's kinda of a shame you didn't read what I wrote before you posted but many full grown men do that on the internet. It's why I had to reply to the OP and now you. If you had you would have known it was nothing to do with his opinion. It had to do with getting facts straight.

If I posted a review and typed "The Kemper only allows one effect at a time" would you correct me? What if I repeated it over and over even after you did? What if I was so angry you dared correct me I made an effort to discredit you every where I posted instead of admitting I had made a mistake? Would you respect me as a reviewer?

My point, maybe now you get it. Then again, this is the internet. :) To the guys who did read it, thanks for not turning this into a flame war. After all, it was just my opinion. :)

Edited 4 times, last by zentman ().

• There is a difference between Opinion and Wrong.

You can say a unit doesn't sound like an amp, and that's your opinion. But if you say it's built in China and it isn't, it's not an opinion any more, it's a "Fact" that can be supported or negated.

I gotta back Zentman on this key issue.

Tony sure does tell it like it is, but then again, he also tells it like it isn't.

What makes a real man is if he can own up to his mistakes and correct the errors instead of digging deeper into them.

• Just curious, did any of you actually read Tony's review to see what the fuss was about? His digs toward "Axe Fx Style" were rather humorous and much of the review was plagiarized from marketing materials. I commented in the TGP thread, but have no idea where it devolved to. I think Fractal users think of Tony what many of the KPA users here think of Scott. (No offense to Tony, Scott, or anyone, just an observation).

• There is a difference between Opinion and Wrong.

As they say, you're entitled to your wrong opinion. :D

Seriously.
    Zentman is cool, he's an Axe-FX fanboy just like I and many others are Kemper fanboys, nothing wrong with that.
    I don't recall him ever saying a negative word about the Kemper.
    I just wish he'd activate his PM so I can crap him out when I feel the need. :thumbup:

• Just curious, did any of you actually read Tony's review to see what the fuss was about?)

I did, and to me it was informative in that I hadn't heard of the Mark Multiamp before. Not more, not less.
    I knew about the old controversy with FAS and of course realized the little shooting at Fractal during the review but frankly couldn't care less.
    :rolleyes:

• Just curious, did any of you actually read Tony's review to see what the fuss was about? His digs toward "Axe Fx Style" were rather humorous and much of the review was plagiarized from marketing materials. I commented in the TGP thread, but have no idea where it devolved to. I think Fractal users think of Tony what many of the KPA users here think of Scott. (No offense to Tony, Scott, or anyone, just an observation).

Scott is an internet male friend of mine, obviously Zentman is not, forum life seems to get him all worked up inside....

I think what got Tony's goat was a bunch of the fanboi's trolled his youtube making fun of his playing abilities in the review.

He was really peeved about that and the insult from Fractal's owner.

So no one's clean in all of it, but Tony couldn't have accepted Fractal's explanation of their product and corrected his review, but it escalated on both sides.

I read Tony's review when looking into the FXII vs KPA thing back in December and I can't say it influenced me. I clearly saw he was hurt by the group attack and it was personal. In the end it was profiling that sold me on the Kemper. I had boutique amps.

And if I had read a similar article about the Kemper I'd have still bought the Kemper. I don't care about the creator when I buy a product. Was Fender a nice guy? Who cares. I love his guitars.