Kemper Growth?

• In terms of ownership/sales, do you think the platform is leveling off, steadily growing, or, do you think it can still explode? If visitors to the forum is an indicator, we reached the high water mark last year. (Maybe that's not the best indicator).

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• There will be a day when no tube will generate sounds any more. But, while we all here are fond of digital processors, I've realized that there're still tenths of thousands of guitar players who have never heard of the KPA or the Axe-Fx, that is of the units that can actually take the place of real amps both live and in studio for the first time in history.
    The digital experience is becoming so realistic and rewarding that more and more people are accepting it and incorporating it in their musical activity.
    So I believe the digital exploit is still to come, and that we are at the very beginning of an exponential growth. The KPA will be one of the main character in this play, of course, and will cause a lot of conversions :)

• I see it exactly like Gianfranco.
    The digital revolution has only begun, as well as the conversions.
    I don't mean digital in the sense of a toy or an app I can do my practice with (because this has become pretty much common sense right now) but digital as a real substitute for a tube amp.
    The Kemper is top of the line and will be a major player in years to come.

• I can see a steady growth for the whole field that Kemper is a pioneer of. No doubt the will be new entries as well.
    I'm a tube guy (hence the name) but realize for live gigging and other applications the Kemper offers such great options for quick easy setup & reliability that there is room for both. Tubes are not going to be around forever. :(
    I'm saving up for a KPA and hope to have one by end of this year. I think it's another great tool for us players to use.

Richard

• i have met a salesman at a pro shop in germany and he said that he and his boss do not even want to discuss the KPA!!!

wait another year and they have seen it on the big stages and they will change their mind.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Obviously the KPA is still too new and not enough well known by the guitar community to really measure its impact. But we can already see that the Kemper please a growing number of guitarists that didn't like at all digital amp processors in the past!

• Those who wouldn't like to recognize the sheer power of Kemper are missing something in terms of tone and flexibility. It's their choice but they might change their mind someday and will be a great pull to other cork sniffers.

• Flooding of the market at this price range is probably not going to happen. I took my Kemper in to the local Guitar Center when I first got it and a few times since, and they had not heard of it other than me telling them about it. I've taken it in a couple times to try out FRFR scenarios and they love the sound (we plugged into the main board in the sound room and turned it up.) but you can't sell to the masses at this price. That is why the stores stock Line 6, Digitech etc. because their price is where about everyone can buy one. Once bands\people endorse the equipment there will be spikes as we are driven by that. I'm a little glad it is what it is because I like to have stuff that not everyone has so there is something special that it carries. That is my guess anyway.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Obviously the KPA is still too new and not enough well known by the guitar community to really measure its impact. But we can already see that the Kemper please a growing number of guitarists that didn't like at all digital amp processors in the past!

It's new to me and I've been researching the heck out of it ever since I found out about it. Never liked anything modeling related before but the KPA seems very different. I'm excited to get my hands on one.

• I can see a steady growth for the whole field that Kemper is a pioneer of. No doubt the will be new entries as well.

Richard

The thing is...
    If CK went to Line 6 and said here's the Profiling process, go for it, do it, they could still only implement a Profiling process that made a Profile that sounded and felt like a Line 6 HD500.
    It's the algorithm of the Kemper that produces the tone and feel, not the Profiling process.

Same with the Access Virus synth, it has it's own unique tones...there are hundreds of synths on the market, but after 15 years they don't do things the Virus can do, if you want the Virus tones you have to buy one.

• There will be a day when no tube will generate sounds any more. But, while we all here are fond of digital processors, I've realized that there're still tenths of thousands of guitar players who have never heard of the KPA or the Axe-Fx, that is of the units that can actually take the place of real amps both live and in studio for the first time in history.
    The digital experience is becoming so realistic and rewarding that more and more people are accepting it and incorporating it in their musical activity.
    So I believe the digital exploit is still to come, and that we are at the very beginning of an exponential growth. The KPA will be one of the main character in this play, of course, and will cause a lot of conversions :)

I can say, in Rome for example, the main guitar shops don't push on the KPA. One of the biggest shop even don't want to present it neither to talk about it... My personal feeling is that there are some economical interests on this track, since it is more convenient for them to sell tube amp than a digital modeler... or maybe it is only a backward-looking mentality for which in Italy we excel :(
    Anyway, no-one will stop such growing, also for me it will be exponential in the future; it's only matter of time, anyone who will really listen to it cannot think not to have one for the perfect compromise between flexibility and tone quality.