Laney Lionheart

• I have been to the music fare in frankfurt and - right at the entrance to the right -
    was absolutely fascinated by a guy in his forties with a goatie who rocked the house
    with his well arranged songs and his one-man-band! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: using the lionheart.
    So i checked the Lionheart Profile. Then i bought it.
    What i can say is: if you are only faintly interested in some kind of monster rock tone.
    if you like whitesnake and van halen and this part of the rock world, give the lionheart a try.

goodbye, i have to play it now.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Yes the often overkooked laney lionheart, absolutely killer amp andthe last amp I had, definitely some sellers remorse here but had the KPA and have not gigged for a while so it went. You Know you get caught up with the exotica out there I have not even looked for a profile of it.

So who's selling the profiles ?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• yes yes, i would not have even noticed the performance if a colleague of mine had not insisted a year ago that
    laney build a supergood amp. it was not on my radar and i had no chance to check the "real" amp.
    do not fell sorry that you sold your amp. i have sold my wonderful marshall AFD. but - i have profiled it.
    it is in the rig exchange! i am not 100% sure whether andi44 has captured the lionheart 100%, but his
    quality usually is beyond debate. i have bought it and right now cannot stop playing. ha! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    (http://www.theampfactory.com) amppack 5

cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• my bad!!

i bought a profile of the high-gain-monster IRONHEART,
    not the more vintage oriented lionheart. sorry. but i confirm it:
    three days now of constant playing with the iron monster.

• I cant speak for everyone here. - but round these parts Laney have such a bad rep.. not sure why that is exactly, a lot of people turn there noses up as if to say.....No Thanks!. - but I actually value these amps. and think they are really great in a lot of applications. - the Ironheart is a great metal amp, and was surprisingly easy to dial in good sounds, (unlike some of the other well known monsters), looked great, and build quality is up there with the best..

And more recently ive profiled the Laney VC30 (pack6) and its one hell of an amp. - so I never understand why they get that rep... ah well.! - maybe Ive missed something :)

• my impression is that mister laney himself who is in the business for more than 40 (!) years now has changed
    the company's philosophy a couple of years ago. it is true: they have a bad reputation as the poor man's marshall.
    they were cheap in those days in the eighties and sounded cheap.
    but IMHO they started to build really good amps a few years ago with the lionheart, now the ironheart.
    they are really good tube amps, they sound good, they are designed in the UK and built in china which results in
    a monstergood relation of value for money. give 'em a try, those days of cheapos are over.

cheers

• thanx for the link to the music shop in kathmandu! it is not the best website i have ever seen, but for India, wow. :thumbup:
    i could have never imagined something like this in that northern region of the subcontinent.
    i have spent some time in rishikesh, gangotri and went even further into tibetan mountains and - no - in 1999 there
    were not even real guitars to be found in india. what a difference a decade makes!
    for my style of playing the ironheart (or the profile of andi for that matters) is one of the best amps. i enjoy this very much.
    the demonstration booth of laney was the biggest postive surprise at frankfurt messe, really.
    the guy with long white hair and a goatie rocked the house with the ironheart, believe me! :thumbup: :thumbup: 8o
    as for the cabinet, luckily once profiled we can choose from hundreds of profiled cabinets, i will try this, too, asap.

cheers

• I got a Laney VC15 which is basically one of the best JCM800 I played. I paid 150€ for that amp and it's so light and small, unbelievable how good and lout it is! I should try to profile it, but usually my profiling leads to epic failure because I have no idea of mic placement but maybe I'll give it a try :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

... but for India, wow

Nepali people won't like to be called Indians. Nepal is a (great) country of its own. ;)

But yes, you're right. Many things have changed in recent years. If you walk through Kathmandu today, you will see lots of youngsters carrying guitar bags. Usually they have cheap chinese copies or heavily used second (or third) hand guitars. 17 years ago there wasn't even one.

Back to topic:
    Although the Laney amps are kind of low budget, it's still way to much money for 99.9% of Nepalis. The price tag for the Ironheart was roughly 800-900 Euro. Most young people with jobs earn somewhere between 30 - 60 Euros per month, just to give you an impression on the situation there. :)