Have you got a substitute live with you?

• Hi,

have you got a substitute for your KPA live with you? Maybe I´m going to use a POD or a Digitech 2101 as a substitude solution!?? A second KPA is to expensive for me, and a POD,... is better then nothing, if my nightmare come true, and my KPA drop out ;(

What do you think?

Thank you :)

• Tonight we play on a Summerevent (15 degree Celsius and Rain all night long :thumbdown: ). If the Kemper goes down - we know, this will never happen - i´ve got a PlexiTone with a Palmer PDI-09. The gig before i played only the Kemper without a backup. Worked flawlessly.

• this is exactly the reason why it is a good idea to keep your old foot-controlled preamps! :thumbup:
    ingolf AFAIK uses his "old" pod HD500, i-myself use my really old korg A4 as a MIDI device, but in case ...
    of the KPA not working i can use it as a substitute. and remember: anything that can go wrong will go wrong,
    at least sometimes, but any time you wont like. ?(
    so it is a good idea to have a "real" amp with you, too. i use my old and cheap hartke piggy to amplify my KPA, but in case ...
    my KPA lets me down i can amplify my korg with it. :thumbup:
    in case the hartke AND the KPA and/or the Korg goes down, i will have to borrow or steal colleague's equipment, but THIS :cursing: never happened. :D

cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• My backup is a Zoom G3. Used it just one time, my KPA didn't respond to my midi foot controller but I realized after the show that the culprit was me. :S I accidentely changed the setting of my liquid foot JR...

The G3 is VERY light and compact and give a lot of FX's plus some absolutely useable amp tones.

I agree that using a HD500 (or similar) as midi controller and backup is very interesting but I found that as it is not always easy to find where come from a bug when it occurs at the last minute I prefered to swap everything for a completely separate unit.

I have two QSC K10's which will probably be replaced for two DXR10's soon.

• I should add that if you control your KPA with a HD500 AND that you have a G3 on the side, you just can't go wrong! :thumbup:

Three digital processors + two foot controllers in the lightest rig as possible!

• I hope my KPA will be dead reliable enough for touring. We´ll see. For the next 3-4 month I´m going to play around 30 gigs, I hope I can tell more about reliability after it. You know - humidity, low and high temperatur, vibrancy.... so I think its better to have a substitute with me.

Be sure - I don´t use Line 6 HD anymore!!! I got a HD 300 and a 500 BUT they screwed up - live on stage!!! One time the Pedal was defect and one time - at rehearsing all pefect - but 1 minute before the concert all I got from the HD 500 was my clean guitar sound. I used to play with my substitute Grrrrrrrrr X(

The Zoom G3 is very interessting, thank you! I got Gitarre&Bass magazin in my hands (9/2011), and this small pedal could be my substitute also!? Lets see,... :whistling: Also its got XLR out.

I use a db technoligie monitor or a Nova monitor. Both active. Also I got a Fischer Amp inear monitoring with me.

• I will use my Kemper live for the first time this weekend at a small outdoor festival. Will go direct to FOH and monitor myself on stage with my Atomic Reactors (as my name has not come up on the CLR list as of yet :( ). For backup I will have my trusty Axe FX Ultra on standby. Our summer festival schedule is kicking into full gear and I plan on using the Kemper from here on out - assuming all goes well.... I will have my Axe FX as backup for at least the first couple of shows but if all works according to be plan the Axe will be Ebayed and backup will be up to my omnipresent iPad loaded with Jam Up Pro (never actually had to use this live). I have the Griffin foot pedal in a bag with the iPad just off stage just in case. :thumbup:

• I have Amplitude in my iPhone :)

Would be hard to be a substitute on a big venue-tour..... My substitute right now is a POD HD 500 with a similar setup, on the next tour there will be a second Kemper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de