High - Pass Filter EQ

• Hi CK,

Any chance there will be a high-pass filter EQ incorporated in KPA? It will be good to make it "sweeping" effect by turning the knob to move around the frequency range with a selectable preset slope of 6, 12 and 24db ...

• I always hoped there would be a high and low pass one day. Defining a simple frequency for both would be enough for me (sweeping until u find it). Perhaps if we could use the eq in the x slot and have a mode where the first and last frequencies can be chosen to become low/high pass filters instead of peaks would be great. And definitely after the stack for me.
    Maybe one day :D

• how the hell I missed these, I'm not really sure, but they are great!!!! They really do a wonderful job. This was just what I was missing on the kemper, and it's been there all along. I use the low pass filter the most often, as I really didn't realize how much high end fizz are in alot of the profiles(not necessarily a bad thing, but just an observation). While cutting the highs at whatever frequency you want, it can also add as a slight mid boost as well. I run the manual around 8.1 or so, and the peak at about 1.0 or 1.1, this works generally well on most high gain profiles with my personnal favorite cabs. This kills all the nastyness up top, while making the profile much thicker and meatier in the midrange: It really is incredible. Turning it off and on shows how drastically better the low pass makes the profile sound. Try these out guys.

• Also, from the wiKPA:

Low pass / high pass filters?

[[ckemper]] The
    lowshelf of the Studio EQ is steep,
    not decent. Same is the bass control in the Output
    EQs
    . Other professional EQs set to maximum steepness give you the same
    result. This is not documented, but you can hear it, when you are familiar with
    EQs. If you are not familiar, no problem, you will still get the best result.
    That is the ease that we are trying to accomplish: avoiding dozens of deep
    parameters that will carry you away from optimal results. If we had a parameter
    for the slope of the filter, it should be set at maximum position. Turning it
    down would make it shallower, creating less precise sounds.

It is made and proved for controlling the boominess of an amp sound. You should
    achieve excellent results, especially with the Studio EQ, were the frequency is adjustable.

The shelving filters gain goes down to -18 dB. If you bring the lowshelf this
    way down, you have virtually created a lowcut or highpass filter (which is the
    same as you know). The only difference is that you still have the
    "cutout" signals sounding at -18 dB, which is very low.

I am sure that you want to attenuate the boomy frequencies, but not totally
    kill them, so you will probably end up in attenuating them by less than 18 dB.

Lowpass and Highpass filters are used for killing frequency components in the
    signal that are absolutely not wanted. They can be considered as Shelving
    filters with gain at minus infinity. If those unwanted signals are low anyway,
    shelving and cutting filters don't make a big difference.

But Lowpass and Highpass filters are great for artistically modifying a signal,
    since they work pretty radical.

Our lowpass and highpass in the Wah
    section are ready made for sci-fi effects. Still they are studio quality
    filters with an even higher steepness and perfect to shape your signal in a
    constant fashion. This is why we gave it the names "lowpass" and
    "highpass" and not some sci-fi names. Set all parameters to zero and
    use the Manual parameter to tune the cutoff frequency to shape your signal.

[DonPetersen] Try
    these settings:

ü Low Gain:
    -12dB;

ü
    Low Freq: 26.6Hz;

ü
    High Gain: -6dB;

ü High Freq:
    33488.1Hz.

If you want to remove
    more, try adding these:

ü Mid1 Gain:
    -12;

ü
    Mid1 Freq: 20.6Hz;

ü
    Mid1 Q: 0.982;

ü
    Mid2 Gain: -12dB;

ü
    Mid2 Freq: 17039.5Hz;

ü Mid2 Q:

Also, if you want to remove the very low end, I recommend placing a EQ or
    Highpass Filter with Peak 0.0 (!) and Manual at around 0.5 before the amp, so that the profile doesn't have to deal with these
    frequencies to begin with.

Use the mix parameter to soften these settings if needed.

• for the sake of argument,
    where would you implement such a hipass filter?
    right after the input?
    in front of the stack?
    or more mixing console like, behind the stack?

Hi Don,

Since we use this to shape tone, preferably it will be after stack ... ...

• We have Lowpass and Highpass in the Wah Section.
    Both have 24 dB/Oct and resonance (Peak)

Hi CK,

I may have mistaken, it seems like the LP and HP in wah section is somehow different from the EQ HPF/ LPF ?(

• how the hell I missed these, I'm not really sure, but they are great!!!! They really do a wonderful job. This was just what I was missing on the kemper, and it's been there all along. I use the low pass filter the most often, as I really didn't realize how much high end fizz are in alot of the profiles(not necessarily a bad thing, but just an observation). While cutting the highs at whatever frequency you want, it can also add as a slight mid boost as well. I run the manual around 8.1 or so, and the peak at about 1.0 or 1.1, this works generally well on most high gain profiles with my personnal favorite cabs. This kills all the nastyness up top, while making the profile much thicker and meatier in the midrange: It really is incredible. Turning it off and on shows how drastically better the low pass makes the profile sound. Try these out guys.

Thanks for the tip! I recently bought the Carvin Legacy profiles from TAF and was disappointed, because there was a lot of hiss on gainy settings. Sounding this way they were useless for me. But with Low Pass and your settings (post stack) they're sounding damn good!

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Thanks for the tip! I recently bought the Carvin Legacy profiles from TAF and was disappointed, because there was a lot of hiss on gainy settings. Sounding this way they were useless for me. But with Low Pass and your settings (post stack) they're sounding damn good!

Glad these worked for you! Play around with the peak and manual Knob to adjust what frequency is really annoying you. My settings above seemed to work very well, with little tiny adjustments made to different profiles. If the peak is at 0 it won't give you that decent midboost/extra thickness, so if you just want nothing but the low pass filter.