SURVEY: How much have you spent (or not) on profiles?

• How much money have you spent to date on purchasing commercial profiles? Convert approximately to US dollars please. 79

1. Zero, Lovin' the free stock and RE profiles (20) 25%
    2. Some donations only (not "commercial") (2) 3%
    3. $1 to $50 (14) 18%
    4. $51 to $100 (15) 19%
    5. $101 to $200 (15) 19%
    6. $201 to $500 (8) 10%
    7. $501 or more (5) 6%

Just wonderin'

Edited 2 times, last by Djuhntt ().

• I'll bet that if you look at the hours Andy spends and the cost to have the website done etc he barely makes any more than his day job.

These things are a hobby or labor of love.

• The design intent of the KPA and Rig Exchange is to share profiles. They are not stock, still created in various practice spaces and home studios by a large number of users with a wide variety of equipment. ....hardly "stock".

The problem I see with the KPA's profile exchange concept is the mindset of the average user seems to be leas oriented to making profiles. This is probably due to many being former tube amp users.

I'm glad there are commercial options for profiles. If there's a market (obvious there is), then that's awesome! I question whether as many Rig Exchange users would take the time to look at this thread. The numbers could be skewed by the way the question was asked.

bd

• There's still an untapped market for profiles, and that is tone-matching. Surprised no one has jumped on this yet.

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• I've spent a little over $500. However, I use to buy a couple pedals a year (usually 2 or 3) that would typically be a few hundred a pop - sometimes a little more. Since buying my Kemper over a year ago (aside from a Strymon Mobius which my wonderful wife bought me last Christmas) I've not bought a single pedal!!! In fact what I've sold in pedals over the last year is a wash against a new PRS SE Santana + all of the money I've spend on profiles! No regrets - couldn't be happier! If I played live I would have turned that cash into a nice FRFR but I'm a basement player so studio monitors suffice for now.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I've spent a little over $500. However, I use to buy a couple pedals a year (usually 2 or 3) that would typically be a few hundred a pop - sometimes a little more. Since buying my Kemper over a year ago (...) I've not bought a single pedal!!! .

Ha! Makes sense. I'll try that logic on my missus too.

• Mmm, I have trouble with the amount of profiles for free,I just can't seem to scale them down quick enough, I want to get down to about 30 or so but every time I get close bang! More show that I can't resist. :)

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I'm not going to vote, but simply respond in this way. My 3 favorite right now are Andy's Cornford Carrera, Armin's '57 Deluxe, and the Morgan AC20 off the rig exchange. Seriously, I could be more than happy and record a full album with just those 3.

• Curious to know whether the "for profit" model of profile sharing detracts from the concept of the rig exchange.

I think it's awesome that people will invest the time and money to do things the right way. I don't download pirated music and think it's good to reward people for their hard work.

But to play the devil's advocate, will people resist putting up their hard-crafted profiles on the site? Is it establishing a watermark for the quality of profiles that will be available on the RE, i.e. never better than the paid-for profiles?

People used to love napster. I'd be happy if they love the RE as much ;)

• But to play the devil's advocate, will people resist putting up their hard-crafted profiles on the site? Is it establishing a watermark for the quality of profiles that will be available on the RE, i.e. never better than the paid-for profiles?

People used to love napster. I'd be happy if they love the RE as much ;)

:thumbup: exactly my thoughts