clicks and crackles when switching rigs

• V2.00 here. CK, I'm also getting crackling noise here. I find that if it happens it'll happen from first bootup. If it doesn't happen straight away then doesn't happen at all. For me it seems completely random. I went 3 nights without any problems then the following night it crackled for all profiles I tried. I have tried lowering clean sense, profile volume, amp etc. Doesn't help.

• New update

Had some
    time tonight to try to narrow my popping problem down.

I´m running
    the Beta firmware.

If I don´t
    use the stereo-loop (got a ErnieBall 25K vol + CM delaylaXL + Strymon El Cap in
    the loop, with stereo return from the el cap) the popping and aliasing when
    switching rigs is almost non existing.

What´s
    more, If I use the stereo loop and I time a volume-knob decrease to zero with
    the first delay repeat from any of the two delays I get a pretty loud aliasing
    (louder than the dry signal) just before the sound crackles to death in the
    decay.

If suspect the
    loop configuration has been the biggest contribution to the popping.

This
    problem does not occur when the loop is mute/disengaged and I use the onboard
    delay!

• Argh –
    stupid me. :pinch:

Bear with me, I just got a new job, house and a wife :D (Well – the
    wife is not “new”, but the “wife” bit is)

That one
    was running right by my nose…

Thanks for pointing out the obvious! :thumbup:

• ok – now with
    firmware update.

I did this
    little recording – it´s a RC-3 mono into my “loop” chain while I chance rigs. The
    delay is a long delay form the El-Cap (the same thing happens with the
    DelaylaXL)

Don´t mind
    the volume difference, but listen to this:

A points
    just before the rig chances, you get a sudden but short volume increase – it´s
    not really a pop to me.

AND

Listen
    especially to the part from 0.52 - 1.02 – This is my MAIN problem. Even though I
    DON´T chance rigs there, I get at some point a sudden volume increase in the
    delay decay!

THIS DOES
    NOT HAPPEN WHEN I DISENGAGE THE LOOP AND RUN ONBOARD DELAY.
    THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN I ENGAGE THE LOOP BUT DISENGAGE EVERYTHING IN IT.

Same thing
    on headphones.

I use the
    stereo loop and run the main out to two studio monitors. Doesn’t matter if
    there is something in front of the Kemper.

https://soundcloud.com/georges…/kpa-pop-and-loop-problem

I have send a support ticket ;)

• hm - just to close this topic for me:

I have to send my KPA for repair - looks like the return has a hardware failure and my wierd problems come from there :(

;(

• hm - just to close this topic for me:

I have to send my KPA for repair - looks like the return has a hardware failure and my wierd problems come from there :(

;(

Sorry, that I chime in late:
    When the rig change crackles with an active effects loop, it helps to set Direct Output Source to 'Git+Processing'.

Background: the default setting for the direct out is 'Git Analog", to provide a direct analog buffer amp, e.g. for reamping.
    Whenever the effects loop is activated, the direct output is switched to the DSP path by obvious reasons. This cannot happen with the same accuracy and timing as the rig change itself, thus producing an artifact.

Setting Direct Output Source to 'Git+Processing' prevents the need for this internal switching.

• Sorry, that I chime in late:
    When the rig change crackles with an active effects loop, it helps to set Direct Output Source to 'Git+Processing'.

Background: the default setting for the direct out is 'Git Analog", to provide a direct analog buffer amp, e.g. for reamping.
    Whenever the effects loop is activated, the direct output is switched to the DSP path by obvious reasons. This cannot happen with the same accuracy and timing as the rig change itself, thus producing an artifact.

Setting Direct Output Source to 'Git+Processing' prevents the need for this internal switching.

That didn't do anything for me. I still have click/small crackle with no fx loop activated when switching rigs.

• Just upgraded my Kemper to 2.1
    The clicking when switching profiles is still here? Didn't try with Midi yet but when switching in browse mode it's still there.
    Anyone else experience the same? Is Kemper still working on this problem? I would like to use the Kemper live finally but the clicking is just to obvious especially in my inears.

Thanks
    Stephan