How to backup Performance Mode Settings?

• Does anybody know how to backup the performance mode settings?
    I have already took a backup, but in the 'Performances'-Folder hasn't any entries.

Thanks.

You haven't stored any performances then. The "default performance" has an init Rig in slot 1, slots 2-5 are switched off. As soon as you do store performances and create a backup, the performances are stored in the performances folder.

cu
    Timo

• Performance filenames don't contain the Performance name. bummer
    They're just numbers.kipf

ideal file naming convention would be:
    performancename-number.kipf

This way we could organize/manage/store/archive/re-upload our pre-configured performances locally

• Performance filenames don't contain the Performance name. bummer
    They're just numbers.kipf

ideal file naming convention would be:
    performancename-number.kipf

This way we could organize/manage/store/archive/re-upload our pre-configured performances locally

Yes, I like very much the new Performance Mode in the Kemper, but I believe that it can be still improved for the managing out of the box.
    In particular it should be added:
    1) open the "export current rig / export current rigS within this performance" directly on USB
    2) in the backup file found a better name convention like the one suggested by lightbox
    3) develop a very simple tool for the PC that extract the single Rigs from the performance

• 1) open the "export current rig / export current rigS within this performance" directly on USB
    2) in the backup file found a better name convention like the one suggested by lightbox
    3) develop a very simple tool for the PC that extract the single Rigs from the performance

1) in which situation would you consider this useful?

2) the number allows to simplify management in the machine.

3) [RIG]->[STORE TO POOL]

Timo

• You can't search a string for the last appearance of a specific delimiter (-) and then get the number? Don't get me wrong, don't want to sound nasty, but this is really easy to do, no?

• I think that Timo is using an example where someone named a rig where it appears as though it's a PM, so there would be naming limitations if done that way ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Dear Martin ,

You want to play a game with me?
    Ok, no problem. None of them is number 5, because you guys start counting from 0. So they would be number 6 with number 5 in the file name.

No one plays games with you. I wanted to point out the "unsolvable" problem, at least for a machine. If the filename is distinct, the position is clear.

In Browsemode that problem doesn't exist, there can be multiple files and there is no fix number to match. This is different in performance mode.

Timo

• I still don't understand, really. You get the numbers that your machine wants/likes/deserves, but we just agree that the machine adds some additional information (the performance name) in front of the number, so we humans have a chance to know which performance it actually is.

In your example or question or game or whatever you had two files which have different names but same numbers. What would happen if someone tried to put these two into the kpabackup? Well, that's up to you guys, if the file import is a sequential process. In my opinion it doesn't require any error handling, because the machine can simply play stupid and first import the alphabetically first performance and then simply overwite it with the later performance file with same number.

I think we don't have to discuss the need to not only make backups of the KPA's current state but also export/import individual Performances and no matter what the limitations of your machine might be, we need a human readable information in the filename, what this file actually is.

Cheers,
    Martin

PS: Zappledan, think there's a pretty strong distiction between kipr and kipf files (file suffix).

• to 1st: This is very important. I use two KPA one in the studio and one in the rehersal room. I want to take my performance set with me on a USB stick to change from one to the other KPA... and I won't have to wait for the whole backup proceedure which is very time consuming if you have a lot of rigs for experimental on the studio KPA... and I dont want them all on the rehersal KPA...

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)

• 1) in which situation would you consider this useful?
    2) the number allows to simplify management in the machine.
    3) [RIG]->[STORE TO POOL]
    Timo

Thanks Timo for your attention, here are my thoughts:
    1) In managing a lot of Rigs, today I use (and probably many users do the same) a lot the BACKUP file of the KPA to... backup, reorder, export single or multiple rigs ecc... Some example: I have some "music friends" which we often share Rigs each other, and also we often share each other the various update. What I normally do is to have my latest backup on the USB stick, then, if and when someone ask me about a specific Rig or my setting for a speficic Rig pack, I simply open the backup, unrar it, copy the neeeded rigs and send them by email. The same I do for myself: I have in my PC a directory with the Pink Floyd Rigs, another one for the Van Halen Rigs etc etc... All of these example are easy to do only having access directly to all the rigs with 1 single file: the backup! With this new way of managing the performance this is not more possible in a simple way.

2) I perfectly understand your point and the mismatch error that could happen having "1-name_A.kipf" and "1-name_B.kipf" in the same import directory of the KPA, which should win??? One of them should override the other??? Anyway, having in the backup for the performance only the files 1.kipf, 2.kipf, ..., 124.kipf, 125.kipf, I lost the completeness of the backup file information... and it's a pity, at least for me ;( !

3) That's why I propose some alternatives or to use in conjunction:
    a) add in the backup, in the performance directory, a simple text file with all the list of the 625 rigs in the performance
    b) having a very very simple tool that extract the 5 Rigs ".kipr" from a single performance ".kipf" file
    c) having a direct access on the KPA for an export function on the performance mode with the following option:
    -export the active slot rig on the USB
    -export the active performance on the USB
    -export the rigs within the active performance on the USB
    -export ALL the performance in single rigs in the USB

I hope now is more clear...
    Ciao!
    Maurizio