Who's Getting Clicks when changing profiles Poll yes or no

• I'm bumping this thread because this is really driving me insane now!!!! I've had my first KPA for 2 years now and I've had this click/pop/static sound when changing profiles from day one. As you can see from the poll some people have it some don't. I have it with both my KPA's and my bass player has it with his. Apparently CK was on the case sorting this but 2 years to cure this issue when you can create a pice of kit like the KPA!!!!!!!??????

KPA team please please please please sort this issue out, I can't do any recording that involves changing profiles this is the only thing I hate about the KPA !!!! HELP HELP HELP PLEASE !!!!!!

:)

• not sure about clicking between rigs but...sometimes when i tap tempo with midi pedal then the signal is chop - for split second only happens when tapping on switch for tap tempo.

• I have toaster, and a rack unit, when changing to/from certain profiles I hear a click/Pop sound. I have noticed if I change between two profiles BUT have all effect slots locked, there is no pop, so think it may be due to certain effects. I just don't have enough time lately to research further.

• I have toaster, and a rack unit, when changing to/from certain profiles I hear a click/Pop sound. I have noticed if I change between two profiles BUT have all effect slots locked, there is no pop, so think it may be due to certain effects. I just don't have enough time lately to research further.

When I first had this issue CK mentioned about turning effects off in stomp slots if they weren't active, I tried this but I still got the same problem.

• Even if that did eliminate the noises, ( turning off effects), it isn't a solution. I am what most people would describe as being "Nit-picky" so, I'm kinda used to finding issues that very few others notice.

With headphones, I hear this clearly and it's annoying as heck. Live, through my cabs, i can barely notice it.
    I also had that issue pre-Kemper, with various switching systems and multiple amps.

• Even if that did eliminate the noises, ( turning off effects), it isn't a solution. I am what most people would describe as being "Nit-picky" so, I'm kinda used to finding issues that very few others notice.

With headphones, I hear this clearly and it's annoying as heck. Live, through my cabs, i can barely notice it.
    I also had that issue pre-Kemper, with various switching systems and multiple amps.

Yep I use my kemper live with IEM's and this click/pop is really driving me insane now, my line 6 vetta never done this neither did any of my Marshalls. I'm just hoping it gets fixed soon, I was in talks with Burkhard last nite as CK had asked me to explain the sound and if it happens when changing on the front panel, which for me it does

• Very Very Very sad :( Ive just heard back from mother ship and they say there is no issue ???? Ive been providing lots of sound clips and below are 2 I still have. the first one is browsing through profiles factory and non factory ones with stomps/effects etc active.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106638540/Clicks when changing profiles on KPA.mp3

This one is where I found 3 factory rigs and made the stomps in active just like mothership asked me to. As you can hear the pop/click sound is not as prominent as the above clip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106638540/kemper factory rig changes no effects.mp3

This tells me there is an issue with having stomps active when switching rigs!!! For them to say there is no issue I find totally strange. As you can hear from both clips there is an issue. I tried Andys KPA from TAF last week and his did not demonstrate this issue. For me this problem makes the KPA useless if you want to record while switching rigs!!!!

I love my KPA but this is slowly turning me off. 2 YEARS ive had this issue and I know quite a few other users have this as well. Please KPA team acknowledge there is an issue :whistling:

• The links don't work, dude.
    As for the clicking issue, without hearing it, I'm assuming it wouldn't be that hard to edit out after the fact, using a DAWs pencil tool or a crafty crossfade. Not exactly a deal breaker. I'm assuming you want to record a live performance, otherwise simple overdubs/punch-ins using the different rigs would be the way to go, of course. However, I understand your frustration. Having something not the work the way you imagined it would and then not get recognition that it doesn't is a bummer. I haven't had this issue myself. One must assume that you've tried factory resets etc. I hope you get it sorted!

Cheers,
    Sam

• The links don't work, dude.
    As for the clicking issue, without hearing it, I'm assuming it wouldn't be that hard to edit out after the fact, using a DAWs pencil tool or a crafty crossfade. Not exactly a deal breaker. I'm assuming you want to record a live performance, otherwise simple overdubs/punch-ins using the different rigs would be the way to go, of course. However, I understand your frustration. Having something not the work the way you imagined it would and then not get recognition that it doesn't is a bummer. I haven't had this issue myself. One must assume that you've tried factory resets etc. I hope you get it sorted!

Cheers,
    Sam

Bugger!!! ill sort the links out when im home from work. Doing what you have suggested above regarding pencil tools etc is defeating the object really. Ive never had an issue like this in the past with other amps etc.

• Bugger!!! ill sort the links out when im home from work. Doing what you have suggested above regarding pencil tools etc is defeating the object really. Ive never had an issue like this in the past with other amps etc.

Fair enough, I just thought suggesting possible workarounds might help (as annoying as that may be...sorry).
    Cheers,
    Sam