Kemper II

• _ be able to profile stompboxes and use them in stompbox slots of course.
    _ second parallel audio chain
    _ increase the number of distorsion engines if there is room there.
    _ USB connection
    _ allow slave spdif connection
    _ spdif profiling

that's it :D

• I would like a mobile phone screen too. :D

• ...So the second iteration of the KPA would be more like the Axe-FX II?

I think the KPA should head in an entirely different direction.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Progress is important, but on the other hand we should trust CK to move in the right direction - means his direction. Turning the KPA concept into a Jackofalltrades-SwissArmyKnife might dilute the great idea of a profiling amp.
    BTW, the AXE "whatever" is just one call away or a credit card order at your nearest dealer, if the KPA possibilities don't fit your needs, or the already included tools are already ingeniously mastered or just NOT ENOUGH! 8o
    For me the KPA is like Microsoft Excel. 90% of the folks just use 10% of the Excel power! :rolleyes:
    Please, sit down, relax, and watchen se blinkenlight.

• ...So the second iteration of the KPA would be more like the Axe-FX II?

Where do you see an Axe II, you could have say "...So the second iteration of the KPA would be more like the Pod HD"
    It makes no sense.

By the way i wonder how much cost a mobile phone screen. It would make a nice display and save a lot of buttons.

• I hope Mr CK is not entertaining any thoughts of coming out with a new Kemper for the next couple of years. From what I've heard of the Access Virus, his team are perfectionists and constantly provide updates and new features. It would be awesome if the Kemper is souped up further, because from what I've heard, it already is one up on the Axe FX II.

• Where do you see an Axe II, you could have say "...So the second iteration of the KPA would be more like the Pod HD"
    It makes no sense.

I just think you're limiting your sights.
    The Axe-FX II already has parallel input chains, more thoroughly modeled effects, more connectivity and, well, pretty much everything you had down for the KPA II - and yes, so does the Pod.
    IMO, the KPA sounds better and the profiling 'feature' is what separates it from the pack, and i think further advancements should be made towards that goal, not towards trying to catch up with studio-replacement tools like the Fractal.

For example - and i'm just fantasizing here - have the KPA II sold with it's own small-diaphragm condenser with a built-in (very) high sensitivity accelerometer.
    That unit would clip on to standard microphones and connect to the KPA II separately. It would pick up the extreme lows and highs in an attempt to allow better 'in the room' feel for the models profiled with it and allow for a more consistent quality for user profiles while still being backwards-compatible.

Go wild, man. It's a fictional device. So long as you think it can be done, it's good sport, right?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• And pay attention to the sound after the profiling process, we loose some high end, the airy character of the microphone where all the chime comes from actually. IMHIUYETO

• I'm already satisfied for what it can do, maybe I could request for a little flexibility here and there, but I don't want to have it as an all in one package and make it a complicated box in the future.

• Maybe a more simplified version under 1000 euro's would be killer. The market for that is huge i think.

Many users use the KPA as a sort of Profile Loader, since not too many people do profiling.
    So a KPA without the profiling function would steal a great part of the KPA market, and it won't bring a big saving in the unit production costs.

The other option is to remove the FX section, but buying a medium-low quality fx unit (even in the 300-500 € price range) brings the total price from 1000€ to the actual price range.
    And you get fx with a lower quality and with the PITA of a double conversion.

• With all the updates and feature additions that the Kemper is getting, It is hard to imagine there is anyone left with time to think up a Kemper II. At least there was some thought of it when making Kemper with the usage of having the processing and memory on an expansion slot rather than built into the main board. This would potentially give us a best case scenario of a upgrade drop in solution for a couple hundred bucks rather than a whole new unit (depending on other hardware limitations present with current Kemper).

Myself, I am hoping to see dual amp simulations or dual signal chains in a profile to give us more exploration of tone since it has already seemed to master the whole amp that sounds just like the other amp realm.

Actually, I would like to see the Kemper II more metal (gain options) friendly just like the new Randall Satan/Thrasher as shown in this video. (Bass / Mid /Treble gain knobs instead of one overall gain, for those not checking out video)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WrMRbauf3K0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrMRbauf3K0

Maybe I am just not good enough with tweaking yet but I get the impression that the higher the gain goes in a profile, the more it looses its unique tone and starts to sound like other high gain profiles (regardless of amp profiled). If anyone has any tips on how to dial in and shape metal tones it would be appreciated. For me, it seems that 7 strings are hardest to dial in as the Kemper really accents on the thick low B string for me.

Edit: I'm not looking for a specific tone, just the tools to help me find some tones. I got a grasp of the whole certain cabs complement certain speakers/spaces logic, I'm just looking at more options that I could have missed out on.

Edited once, last by K3MP3R ().