Posts by goldensheaf

I used to have a desire to buy drive pedals, and still use a couple in the loop. The Profiler can get close - but it can't totally nail the King of Tone. There is a harmonic 'richness' I've never been able to dial in that's just 'there' with the actual pedal. Having waited four years to get it.....I'll accept no substitute.

Since I'm already using a slot for the effects loop.....and I like to tinker and build stuff..... I've got a 3 loop MIDI switcher. So....both sides of the KOT and whatever pedal feels right at the time. Presently, that's a Tumnus Deluxe. That gives me the chance to stack as many as three drives with only one slot used.

Try diff cables. i really find the difference can be 5 percent here or there. An sometimes its that 5 percent thats missing.

I erased em all. I can not stand paid profiles I just make my own. 3 years in an I am always left disappointed going to rig manager or checkin out tasters from vendors. I bought the tone junkie family pack once an can not for the life of me get the hype. Weeks ago I went an hired a matchless DC30 for 100 bucks and made stuff that I felt had the presence an realisim of the real thing. Better off doing that than buying profiles.

I find my profiles are sounding better an I find online too that peoples profiles are sounding better as well. You think Kemper has been making profiling updates without mentioning it? Anyone else feel same with theirs? I have been experimenting with things but watching youtube just now, I feel others have improved as well.

Everyone wants kemper to be like a effects unit, I love how its more like a amp. Its more like a stand alone amp with loads of toneshaping. Stereo rigs an all that phff. Is there a Soldano forum now were people are saying they want a stereo Soldano. Want stereo? buy 2 powered cabs an run the stereo effects into that

I bought my kemper the week lockdown started an I was underwhelmed for some time. I still do not like any paid profiles or anything on rig exchange the only savior for me is doing my own profiles. Depending on your ears. Its been a 3 year journey an today im happier than ever but its alot of experimenting and learning. Its dissapointing at first you just want what your hear from your amp an profiling some amps are better than others. Its not black an white. Some take tweaking, which is a bummer because you just want ya profile to sound the same hastle free. Most important parameters for me a DEFINITION, PRE AN POST EQ an now with liqued profiling TREBLE BLEED. I still think kemper has a note definition problem that clarity function cannot fix that I wish would be addressed. Your cables may be crap? That should not be underestimated, in profiling it can make a huge difference. Good luck with it all

Any of you guys had any luck with a buffer before the kemper? Just watched the fryette tube buffer video and am curious. SS or tube

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well that's basically what I'm saying tho :) I'd generally describe "feel" as dynamics, responsiveness to picking strength - while I've yet to try Liquid Profiles, there's nothing to suggest there's any change here - Kemper has always had a pretty realistic feel in these terms. However a guitar sound will be more enjoyable/inspirational if it's a good tonal balance, you could also describe this as "feeling" better, even tho the dynamics/responsiveness hasn't changed - and I think that's what people are describing here. Always a problem with describing any aspect of music, inevitably have to use terms that are a bit amorphous!

Well how can you comment when you never tried? There is def a more realistic feel to the profiles now a immediacy that comes through the speakers, welll with DI profiles i use anyway. Kemper had that lower mid woof an the LP helps that i think. I just enjoying the bright cap control, it can really customise a amp. I profiled my old carvin valvemaster amp that i used to gig with eons ago an its very spatty an trebly but pulling back on the bright cap really makes it something else

Everyone says including kemper there no change, but if you flip through the tonestacks i find there is. Its slight but when you turn a knob just a little its then you realize that the profile now feels better an clearer than the stock. But you cant hear it when you flip through?

i hate muse, but i be interested to hear the diezels etc. you goin to share em or do demo?

I copy the original into the 1st performance slot and the 2nd slot for the tweaked or modified version. Hit save.

Yea but to have it more like you got 5 amps in your room your playing to more like 5 profiles your switching between on the go would be great. No different to when you turn your kemper off an back on your last play settings are there still. Dont know how many times I have got a great sound an I turn my unit off just knowing that when I turn it back on its where I left it. It should be a LP universal tab for that. Saved or not saved

Especially now with LP an we may use it like a amp, is there a setting that enables you to go back to a profile with the last settings used? So more like a real amp were you have your dirt settings dialed in, switch to a clean amp, an so when you go back to your dirt is back were you left it instead of going back to your stored profile setting? That be even more amp like

Had another play today through my custom amp an a real speaker cab. The LP does what i felt has been missing in my sound im very happy. It ads a forwardness an a clarity that was missing from my profiles even though I do my own all direct no interference top cables. An the ability to scope the sound with the brightcap you can really tailor the sound. i have not played with all the tonestacks but keep going for the vox for clean an soldano for overdrive. Even the soldano for cleans is nice. Feel indeed. Its not 100 percent but its better than ever an more than good enough. I see kemper just released a video for the usb interface. Looking forward to the LP one. Looking forward to doin a matchles profile with the LP when i get the chance to get one an studio time

There a real definite enjoyable more amp like immediate attack an clarity goin on. Im doin everything I can to get a real sound an feel with a cab from the kemper an LP has me tickled pink. Especially on semi cleans. I keep going for the vox tonestacks and SOLDANO ones for some reason.

People say things like oh tones in the fingers an I dont agree. Im very sensitive to what I play, if i have a sound i dont connect with I can not play. I always feel embarrassed in guitar stores if they hand me a guitar I just dont agree with. I saw a interview with George Lynch saying the same that he can not play for the life of him if he does not have his gear.