Issue with Kemper Profiling - Sound Not Matching Reference amp

• Hello fellow Kemper users,

I hope you're all doing well. I am new to profiling and have been encountering a persistent issue with my Kemper Profiling Amp and could really use some assistance in resolving it.

When I attempt to profile a sound using my own cabinet (equipped with a Celestion V30 speaker) and an SM57 microphone, the resulting profiled sound doesn't match the original source sound as expected. I've gone through the profiling process multiple times, but I'm consistently experiencing this discrepancy.

Should I create my own IR? Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance. All the best.

• I m listening mic'ed signal but I compare it with one of the kemper rigs.

Referance amp sound was great before profiling. However it was not the same after. Then I tried profiling with "no cabinet" selection, nonetheless this did not solve my problem.

I tried choosing other IR's from cabinet section after profiling. Sound was nice but stil not same with the referance amp sound.

I'm pretty sure I am making a rookie mistake in the process :)

• The only way to truly compare the amp is to have it completely isolated so no cab sound can bleed into your ears with the mic'd sound. The low end of the cab compared to the mic'd sound is going to trick you.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I bought my kemper the week lockdown started an I was underwhelmed for some time. I still do not like any paid profiles or anything on rig exchange the only savior for me is doing my own profiles. Depending on your ears. Its been a 3 year journey an today im happier than ever but its alot of experimenting and learning. Its dissapointing at first you just want what your hear from your amp an profiling some amps are better than others. Its not black an white. Some take tweaking, which is a bummer because you just want ya profile to sound the same hastle free. Most important parameters for me a DEFINITION, PRE AN POST EQ an now with liqued profiling TREBLE BLEED. I still think kemper has a note definition problem that clarity function cannot fix that I wish would be addressed. Your cables may be crap? That should not be underestimated, in profiling it can make a huge difference. Good luck with it all