Posts by Per

Everyone knows to play real metal and doom you need the hello kitty guitar.

Thanks deadman42 and waraba !

To me the arch top is very versatile at low volume but because of the natural feedback not ideal for heavy tones live, I do love how they feel and look though. I’m not sure how Seltzer and Grohl keel theirs in check on stage at those stadium gigs, though I’m guessing the Trini is a block through body neck like the 335, closer to Les’ plank with its wings glued on.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A little more metal prog number. Having some more fun with the archtop and the profiles waraba gave me (for the cleaner and lead parts).

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As waraba kindly sent me some fantastic profiles, I cracked out the old archtop guitar and did a quick jazzy-ish noodle using a nice clean profile labeled clean funk 1.

So as you probably guessed I have a lot of love for what I absolutely know is a very acquired taste of those naive but over aspiring 80's and 90's American and Canadian garage punk bands like Cap'n Jazz, The Promise Ring, The Mister T Experience and so on. Founded on-surf punk like sounds of the Pixies, the straight edge political craziness of Fugazzi and childhood dreams of prog rock tied down by real world tiny budgets. To me the sound is drenched in dreams of California, Americana, summer youth, melancholy, insanely poppy hooks and melodies wrapped... no... more like burried and at times undiscoverable in the warm fuzzy sound of having to share a single amp for bass, guitar and vocals while competing with the drums in someones garage. Naive vocals and guitars rejecting commercial sound backed by surprisingly tight rhythm sections and sudden weird and clever progressions and riffs momentarily pulling back the curtain only for it to come crashing back down moments later leaving you alive and wanting more.

Thanks BayouTexan ! Oh noes! I doubt you want a cut of thee debt involved in making this track title but I’ll be sure to mention you in thee 12” cover notes when I do thee extended 45 minute prog remix with added finger snaps and Tibetan human thigh bone throat singing.

Thanks deangersmith ! It’s all Superior Drummer, in the Indiependent pack (I believe) there’s a drum set aptly called Aphex Twin which seems to be all the transients only and its sociopathic park bongo player crossed with sampled pencil case contents like sound stirred something perverse in me.

More random shit from my brain to your earlobes

Thanks Monkey_Man and waraba !

Great vibe on that track Monkey_Man , I sometimes go back to 70s prog jazz sounds, I feel like if I ever make an album it will be a concept thing that’s meant to be some tape someone has recorded random snippets on from the radio over the years, overlapping so sudden breaks all over the shop, drops back to some weird stuff that must have been recorded on that tape a long time ago but sounds like summer. There will be bits of stuff like this then sudden jumps to full tracks, some sort of psychedelic music experience.

I actually have an arch top waraba my first guitar, an Aria Pro II is an slimline jazz hollow body, looks like a 335 but no through block so very resonant. I do indeed love it but it’s safely in its case right now, it was a gift from my dad after much pestering so although far from the most expensive it is absolutely my most precious guitar.

A sort of 70s jazzy on cassette number tonight. Feeling slightly defeated after a long day so couldn't spend too long on this.

Thanks BayouTexan ! It's always a good time to get out an acoustic guitar! whether it's a campfire, in the studio, the park, if you just need something to strum while you try and solve problems at work, in the middle of a movie theatre at the suspenseful bit to relieve some of your tension, in a crowded restaurant, on a rollercoaster, at the seaside, at a flamenco guitarists funeral, whenever other people are talking at a meeting...