Posts by DonPetersen

yes.

with 'Pedal Mode' set to 'off', the parameter 'Manual' determines the center frequency, while the parameter 'Peak' determines the resonance.

you can get the Reference Manual from our website (Support -> User Manuals) for more information.

fretboardminer,

good catch. the Pure Booster isn't mentioned in the Reference manual.

This issue arose, however, since the function of the 'Browse' knob was mistaken for the function of the 'Type' knob.
    I should have been referring to the 'KPA Manual Basics and Profiling', specifically pages 16 and 17.

Sorry for so many questions...
    Ck you mentioned using the manual knob to set frequency
    manual reads 0-10 , how does that correspond to frequency ?

If say Im looking for a lo pass at 13khz?

the obvious answer would be 'use your ears, not your eyes'

you could turn up the resonance and 'scan' the signal by sweeping the frequency knob until the resonance at the cutoff point amplifies the lowest of the frequencies you want to remove.
    reduce resonance and turn down the frequency control a bit until the desired result is reached.

Can you please post all of the settings to get the octave up?

you select the RectiShaper in one of the stomp slots and turn up it's drive.
    done. :D

also look for Octavia in the rig exchange.

from the Addendum (website, support, user manuals):

"Recti Shaper
    The Recti Shaper behaves like a physical rectifier, by folding the negative half-cycle into the positive portion of a wave. The intensity of the effect is controlled by ‘Drive’.
    This effect is best known from octave fuzzes, which work by combining a rectifier with distortion. The Recti Shaper provides you with just the rectifier part, so you can combine it with other effects and distortions as you see fit."

thanks to the new assignable output sources you can also add stereo modulation in 'X' slot,
    set 'Monitor Output' to 'Mod left' and 'Direct Output' to 'Mod right',
    insert the stereo loop in the 'Mod' slot and bingo - stereo modulation and a stereo fx loop for you delays and reverbs.

If your pedals are to be used instead of the build-in effects, you might go from the main outs into your pedals and from there to your power amp. This would free up one slot for additional effects.

also, please feel free to download the Reference manual from the website. (and the addendum)

Speaking of the effects, I don't really care for the oddball way you seem to only be able to scroll thru them, which is alphabetically I think. The other thing which is still a head scratcher, is the oddball names they give for each effect and the even odder way they are ordered! (alpahbetically by name),....for example 'AC FAST' appears to be the name given for a rotary speaker present AND 'air chorus'....and what does AC even stand for? 'Muffin' , they use for a distortion sound!, which has names 'BMBRITE' and 'BMFULL' and 'BMSOFT'...what does BM stand for? ....now all these goofy, unexplained names they've given , you are forced to scroll thru alpabetically....so it's ACFAST, BMRITE, BPTOUCH (which it says is a wah-wah preset...what does BP stand for?) IMO, the effects section display could be dramatically improved for user friendliness....maybe make each white hardbutton above the display select a grouping of effects types, each in a column under it's button, with much improved names.

from the Reference Manual, page 22:
    "There are two ways to choose a new effect: either turn the BROWSE knob to select a new local effect pre- set, or turn TYPE, to change the basic algorithm of the module."

again: TYPE selects the basic stomp (chorus, phaser, compressor etc.)' while
    BROWSE let's you select a specific preset made for a stomp or effect. Instead of loading let's say the Green Scream in it's default setting using TYPE, you can load it in one of the previously saved states - and you can of course add your own effect presets. This way you don't have to tweak the reverb every time to your liking, you set it once, save it as an effect block and can now easily recall it.

I thought calling a certain distortion 'Muffin' is kinda self-explanatory. ;) 'BM' adds a 'Big' to it.
    'BP' stands for band-pass, also commonly used, but maybe more in a synth context, just like LP for low-pass and HP for high-pass.

You can always save these local presets with a different name and delete the older versions.

Go to that favourite patch.
    Press/Hold the Cabinet button.
    Now Press/Hold the 'Store' button...select "Cabinet".
    Name it and Store it.
    Now select your Profile...press the Cabinet button...scroll (Browse Knob) to the Cabinet you just 'Stored'.
    Done.

since the addition of the 'browse cabinet from rigs' feature this isn't really necessary any more.

I have a quick question. The manual does not state how the Q width works. I have always assumed that all the way to right would be very narrow, in the center would be a medium width, and all the way to the left would be a very wide Q width. Is this correct?

the higher the Q value, the narrower the filter.

for exsample (filter width in octaves = Q value):

0,5 octave = Q 2,871

1 octave = Q 1,414

2 octaves = Q 0,667

4 octaves = Q 0,267

the 'Type' control let's you select what kind of effect you want in that slot.
    the 'Browse' control let's you, uh, browse the local presets of those effects, like different settings for the Green Scream stomp.

Freezes and glitches? What firmware are you using? What exactly happens?

also, page 22 of the Reference manual describes the difference between 'Browse' and 'Type' and page 41 refers to the Studio EQ.

the studio EQ is available for the A, B, C, D, X and Mod slots.
    select one of those slots and turn the 'Type' (!) control in the upper left of the display until Studio EQ is displayed. (this 'issue' usually means that the 'Browse' knob was used in stead of 'Type' - I recommend reading the manual)
    really, - I mean it! ;)

To edit the tag info, simply select the block, press 'show tag' , scroll into the line in question and press 'edit'.