Posts by Desiato

About this I experienced sometimes this fault, expecially scrolling fast with "autoload" engaged. I wrote in the past to the support for this, and I saw that now it happens more rarely, but probably the problem is not yet completely solved.

I was also scrolling quickly through profiles using the "autoload" when mine went silent. I have been careful to not scroll this way, and the KPA has worked perfectly since. I think you might have found my problem!

:thumbup:

It's also important to keep in mind that different playing styles and guitars will react differently to the same profile. This youtube clip of a Golub crunch mod Marshall profile is one of the best tones I've heard out of a KPA. But when I tried it with my Strat, it sounded miserable. You have to match the right dish with the right sauce.

This really needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

I'm not talking about the Golub/Marshall specifically, just that everyone brings a very long, very different tone generating chain with them when they play (their hands, pick material, pick attack style/angle, strings, pickups, guitar wood, cable, power amp, and speaker. Even if you use FRFR, there are variables in the power amp and especially the speaker. No speaker truly has a perfectly flat response, so ALL these things will affect how a particular profile sounds when WE play it.

And that's all before we even take our individual ears and personal taste into account. Different strokes for different folks, to be sure 8)

The KPA is fantastic when capturing a profile it is able to remove the static noises into the profile and it sounds better than your microphone but it kills air too.
    The microphone's sound has air, the profile has not...
    How to reproduce this?
    Using a room reverb helps a little bit of course but it still miss something in the high end to be able to reproduce the exact sound of the microphone.
    Any idea?

Throw a little slapback delay along with just a little reverb, and you can capture the feeling of a speaker moving in a room.

After many years of playing, I'm now actually trying to get away from that sound. I find the direct, Kemper style recordings to mix much better with the band.

I had the Kemper go silent on me the other day. I was also scrolling through lots of profiles when it happened. It's a brand new lunchbox non-powered version. I also got it back up by restarting it like you did.

As to the wah sounds you are getting, could you tell us a little about your setup? What power amp and speaker cab are you using? Is it a stationary wah sound, like a cocked wah, or does it sound like someone is working a wah pedal up and down?

That's a cool soft case.

For my use, I need a hard sided case with some significant padding. I was just trying to let people know they don't have to spend $250 to get some very sturdy protection for their KPA.

Wow, is this such a big problem that it warrants a public complaint? I mean, these people gave away these profiles for free, right? It seems tantamount to discovering a pile of cash, then complaining that you had to expend the effort to bend over to pick it up.

Has anyone else's Profiler done this? Mine did it today. I just bought the KPA this week brand new from Musician's Friend, and the first thing I did on Friday was upgrade the Firmware to the Official 2.1.0 release. Today I imported some old profiles that I created about 18 months ago, on Firmware 1.0.4 on a previous KPA. I was trying out each profile, and at the moment I moved to about the 30th profile, everything went silent. I tried new cables, speakers, guitar, and power amp. Nothing helped. Nothing came out of the headphone jack either, although the Tuner lights were flashing.

I shut down and restarted the KPA, and everything works fine now. Is this common after importing new profiles? Should I always reboot after importing new profiles? Or is this unrelated to the profile import, and likely to happen again (like at a gig)?

Awesome! Looking forward to the Friedman and definitely the Fortin stuff, not enough of those going around AT ALL! what did you use for these as far as mics, cabs, interface etc if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry, I missed this question yesterday.

I mic-ed all profiles with a Sennheiser 421 with the bass selector set to 3 (middle setting, 3 of 5). The cab was a Dimebag 4x12 loaded with well broken-in Marshall labeled Vintage 30s. This cab is highly underrated, as it really has great low end that pairs up well with the V30s mid bump. The mic went through my Mackie board, and I used 3 different mic positions, angled on center, midway between center and edge, and edge of cone. Usually, it was the middle of those 3 that sounded the best. The exception was the Friedman JMP. His amps tend to be dark, so on a few of his (but not all), I used the center of the speaker mic profile.

Also, if you plan to share all 96, or a large number, maybe consider just posting them here in a winzip file :)

Thanks, and that's a good idea. However, many of these 96 are different mic positions or amp settings of the same amp. The number I end up posting will be much smaller.

I'm going through the profiles right now and putting together a list of the best stuff (IMHO, of course!). I'll post a thread with a link once they are up.

Like everyone else, once I got my Kemper, I wanted a good case to protect it. Of course, I wanted it to be affordable and not massive.

Last year I bought an SKB i Series waterproof hardshell mic case from Amazon. I don't use it much for carrying mics, so I thought it might work well as a KPA case. After I measured it, I realized, after a little adjustment, it would fit the Kemper nicely. A few cuts to the foam later, and it's in there like a glove. I highly recommend it.

I can still carry a few mics in the case, too!

Here's the Amazon link for the case

[Blocked Image: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h103/12gag12/20130908_012753_zpsbf154cbd.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h103/12gag12/20130908_012841_zps8cf2391d.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h103/12gag12/20130908_012735_zpsfaadbcfa.jpg]