Posts by krikke

a little resume... :)
    Main output connected with 2 XLR's to soundcard (or FOH when gigging...)
    Monitor output to Yamaha DXR12 left.
    Direct output to Yamaha DXR12 right.

In "output source"
    Main output = Master stereo
    Monitor output= Master left
    Direct output= Master right
    SPDIF= off

In "output volumes"
    Main volume= -15dB
    Monitor volume=-15dB
    Direct Volume=-15dB
    no volumes "linked"

Monitor output EQ all flat
    Main output EQ all flat

The DRX12 on the right has about the 1/2 volume compared to the left DRX12...
    When adjusting the Monitor volume to -30 dB both DRX12 have the same volume level...
    How can this be?

I used more than 1 profile to compare...
    The volume setting on the Yamaha's DRX12 is the same.
    I changed already the DRX12 from position, and the problem stays the same... Direct out is less loud on the same -15dB setting;;;

Help... ;(

All is flat... :|
    Now, when setting the direct level (master left) on -30dB and the monitor level (master right) the volume balance seems equal...
    I must be doing something wrong... ;(
    On the Yamaha's there's enough power to compensate the volume loss on the direct level... but I'm sure there must be some solution for this specific problem...

The sound of the Yam's is fenomenal! 8o

I just got the Yamaha's DXR12, and I'm really happy with the sound.
    Only, with both levels on -10 on Monitor volume and Direct volume, the volume on both DXR12 is not the same...
    The volume of the direct output is less than on the monitor one...
    In the output source menu I set up both monitor and direct output on Master mono, do they must be recieving the same signal from the Kemper...
    Of course the volume on both DXR12 is the same...
    Anybody knows what could be the problem?
    Thanks for the help! ^^

I just got the Yamaha's DXR12, and I'm really happy with the sound.
    Only, with both levels on -10 on Monitor volume and Direct volume, the volume on both DXR12 is not the same...
    The volume of the direct output is less than on the monitor one...
    In the output source menu I set up both monitor and direct output on Master mono, do they must be recieving the same signal from the Kemper...
    Of course the volume on both DXR12 is the same...
    Anybody knows what could be the problem? :)
    Thanks for the help!

I will be using 2 Yamaha's DXR12 soon, but 'I'm a bit confused how to connect them...
    The main outputs are for the PA system, Can I use monitor output and direct output to connect the Yamaha's in stereo? (
    I read a lot about the connections, but would like to have a confirmation just to be sure...
    Thanks!

If I get you right you want to record the profiled signal and a DI one. If that's the case ANY interface with an spdif connection (in and out) will do the job. Also the tascam one. Hope that helped you. If you really just need the spdif connection don't spend more money on an interface than necessary. :)

When recording, you connect the guitar in the Kemper, then the 1/4" or XLR main out in the interface (stereo= 2 inputs) and the direct out of the kemper must be connected to input 3 of the interface to record the dry signal.
    If taking the direct signal would be possible via S/PDIF in stead of the monitor out of the Kemper, then you have enough with 2 inputs on the interface...

When reamping, you connect the S/PDIF out of the interface to the S/PDIF in on the Kemper, and the 1/4" or XLR main out of the Kemper in the interface (2 inputs on the interface.)

When recording the guitar signal in mono, you have enough with 2 inputs on the interface, but some effects wil not sound as nice as in stereo...
    Of course you can add stereo effects when reamping...
    The point is that on my Tascam US122MK2 is no S/PDIF. So I think it would be a good idea to buy another interface with S/PDIF and at least 4 inputs...

One thing I'm very curious about is that, when reamping, the latency will not be to much...

You could just record the DI first, like most people do... :P

Not easy when playing with heavy distortion... using pinch harmonics, octave/harmonics tapping, and other thumb meat effects... :D
    With clean guitar of course easy to do...

I use the same interface. And I thought about upgrading to the next version the Tascam 144 which has the S/PDIF connections. Since you already know your interface quite well this might be a good option for you?

Well, I think that, if you want to record one stereo profile and 1 clean (for reamping) at the time you need at least 3 inputs, wich the Tascam has not... ;(

Thanks for the link Lokasenna!

I just got my Quad Capture yesterday ... I'm still looking for how to get the best cabling scheme for recording both KPA output and DI (for future re-amp). I opened a thread about that. Otherwise, the quad capture seems to be a very good piece of hardware. I'll be able to get a better opinion in a few days.

I think that it will be very interesting for me to follow your tread! ;) (is it there yet? I can not find it on your username...)

@gui7arhero Indeed, the quad has 4 inputs. :thumbup:
    I'm afraid that, as a guitarist, I'm a bit to noob to find out what all reamping-recording-S/pdif and kemper setup stuff is about... ?(
    Or am I getting old... ;(

Hallo.
    Currently I'm using a Tascam US122MK2 interface with Reaper to record the Kemper.
    Unfortunately, the Tascam has no S/PDIF, and reamping is not possible.
    I'm trying to find an interface with S/PDIF and at least 4 inputs.
    My computer has windows 8.
    I tried to use the search function of this forum, but I could not find much about interfaces and reamping...
    All advice is very welcome! :thumbup: