Posts by Raoul23

Oh...o.k. Now i´ve to figure out something to controll the KPA without spending a fortune. ?(

I borrowed a friends FCB1010 but I've seen them for sale cheap on eBay. Great little controller I don't use it to its full effect though :D

No good for my band then. We tend to try and feel the crowd and what they want. One nite we might start with muse the next nite it might be Guns and Roses. We have around 80 songs we can play and most nites we only play 25. We just feel the crowd most of the time

Curious if anyone has any info on the "Smooth Chords" function which I have found in the settings for only 3 effects (Transpose, Pedal Pitch, and Chromatic Pitch). I definitely hear a difference when I engage the feature and it sounds great. I would like to know if anyone can provide any additional info on this parameter. :thumbup:

I'd like to know what this is for too:-)

Just watched the YouTube link and its perfect just how I want to use my FCB until the KFC comes out thanks guys for sharing this :thumbup:

No, you can also have the stomps in the bottom row if you wish.
    Wait a few weeks for a special KPA- UnO chip which is going to enhance KPA functionality more (though I don't know specifics yet).

So I've gotta buy a chip which ever way I look at it. Is that right

I just purchased the UNO chip, but based on this video, I don't need it to do stomps on top row? Any advantage to using the UNO chip over stock?

Thanks

Will be watching this vid as soon as I get home if it works on a standard FCB ill be really happy

Effect Presets on the Rig Exchange
    Hey Fellow Kemperians,
    I put some profiles on the rig exchange with the new effects. I would recommend that you save the effect block after downloading, this way you can apply it to any profile of your choosing. I've included a good amount of Chromatic settings which will stir up some creative ideas and help you get your Trevor Rabin on. I also included a Harmonic 3rd in Am/C and Pedal Pitch settings of +1 octave, +2 octaves, -1 octave and -2 octaves. You will need an expression pedal for the Pedal Pitch settings. Everything else you can tear into at will. I know it may be a bit of overkill but for anyone unfamiliar or needing a little assistance this will get you playing in the right direction.

Thank you I will be trying these for sure :)

Hey Raoul23, have you seen this youtube video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nC0WrhqAAU
    Havent tried this myself yet, but i am really happy with the fcb 1010. He uses the low row for preset switching and the high row for stomps.
    Maybe this videos will help you, until the KFC comes.

I haven't viewed the video yet, but I thought you could only use the top row as stomps if the UNO chip was fitted

This is great news about the FCB 1010 firmware update. But im so so so wanting the foot controller so i can make full use of the KPA. At the mo im using a standard FCB 1010 and im not very clued up on midi, so turning on stomps etc i just cant do. :(

Thanks Sean this is great info

I haven't gotten a chance to dig in deep. All harmonizers support all traditional modes as they are simply variations of a standard scale. In my brief audition last night, I only messed with the default key which stated "CMaj/Amin" (if my memory serves correct). So this same setting will support all modes of the C scale (ex D Dorion, E Phrygian, etc). I didn't get a chance to mess with it enough to note if they explicitly name all the modes nor what if any exotic scales/modes were covered.

Yeah It doesn't mention modes but obviously they are variations of the major scale. But I'm sure you would have to program in scales like the harmonic minor scale as it only mentioned normal minor/major scales

The key works by selecting what harmony note fits correctly with the played note. Eg if your song is in the key of Em and you solo in Em or relative major which is G then if you pick thirds as your interval it will play the correct one that fits with the song Key. Hope that makes sense :thumbup: