Pitch shifter presets / recommendations

• Effect Presets on the Rig Exchange
    Hey Fellow Kemperians,
    I put some profiles on the rig exchange with the new effects. I would recommend that you save the effect block after downloading, this way you can apply it to any profile of your choosing. I've included a good amount of Chromatic settings which will stir up some creative ideas and help you get your Trevor Rabin on. I also included a Harmonic 3rd in Am/C and Pedal Pitch settings of +1 octave, +2 octaves, -1 octave and -2 octaves. You will need an expression pedal for the Pedal Pitch settings. Everything else you can tear into at will. I know it may be a bit of overkill but for anyone unfamiliar or needing a little assistance this will get you playing in the right direction.

• Effect Presets on the Rig Exchange
    Hey Fellow Kemperians,
    I put some profiles on the rig exchange with the new effects. I would recommend that you save the effect block after downloading, this way you can apply it to any profile of your choosing. I've included a good amount of Chromatic settings which will stir up some creative ideas and help you get your Trevor Rabin on. I also included a Harmonic 3rd in Am/C and Pedal Pitch settings of +1 octave, +2 octaves, -1 octave and -2 octaves. You will need an expression pedal for the Pedal Pitch settings. Everything else you can tear into at will. I know it may be a bit of overkill but for anyone unfamiliar or needing a little assistance this will get you playing in the right direction.

Thank you I will be trying these for sure :)

• Curious if anyone has any info on the "Smooth Chords" function which I have found in the settings for only 3 effects (Transpose, Pedal Pitch, and Chromatic Pitch). I definitely hear a difference when I engage the feature and it sounds great. I would like to know if anyone can provide any additional info on this parameter. :thumbup:

• Curious if anyone has any info on the "Smooth Chords" function which I have found in the settings for only 3 effects (Transpose, Pedal Pitch, and Chromatic Pitch). I definitely hear a difference when I engage the feature and it sounds great. I would like to know if anyone can provide any additional info on this parameter. :thumbup:

I'd like to know what this is for too:-)

• Thank you I will be trying these for sure :)

uploaded to the cloud :)

PITCH Wide Fuzz Oct
    A fuzz sound at heart (Noble Fuzz), it features a sub octave in front of the Stack and the MicroPitch for width after it. Play some Black Keys!

PITCH Vab Shimmer
    A very clean sound. The octave up and the hall reverb duck out of the way of your notes and bloom when you sustain a note or chord.

PITCH Mogue Mini
    One octave down + two octaves up, an almost all wet signal with waveshaping and an envelope-driven low-pass filter - funky.

PITCH Modes in E
    This one is interesting: All notes you play generate a 'E' in the bass. This effectively gives you a 'backing' against which you can make the modes come alive. E lydian, E phrygian dominant, E superlocrian - it matters not, anything 'E' works.

enjoy. :)

• PITCH Modes in E
    This one is interesting: All notes you play generate a 'E' in the bass. This effectively gives you a 'backing' against which you can make the modes come alive. E lydian, E phrygian dominant, E superlocrian - it matters not, anything 'E' works.

Don, how did you manage to keep an E in the bass? ?(8o

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I forgot one rig: PITCH 2 Octave Crunch

The pitch shifter adds one octave above and one octave below the original signal, 41% wet.
    These three notes are than fed in to the mighty SD Converter and distorted.
    The result is a similar to a Doug Pinnick single note line. well, not really, but the idea is the same.
    use it to 'embiggen' a single note line. adding octaves above and below is pretty common with movie score string type sounds.

as a note, I'm not really sure why I chose Harmonic Pitch here, Chromatic would have worked just fine. ?(

• I've not downloaded it, but My guess would be a custom scale that is all E.

Whoops! A reply came while I was typing :(

Thanks for the sounds!

Well, Paul, this proves that you're much cleverer than I! ;)

• LOL! I don't know that is the case, but thanks for the compliment :)

I've been using Harmonizer effects and synths since the days of the Eventide H910 and the Minimoog. So, plenty of practice!

With today's guess, I had the benefit of making a GR-55 patch awhile ago, with a virtual acoustic guitar playing a different chord inversion than the real guitar, on just some of the strings. I did it with individual + and - octave pitch shifts on various strings, so it would play in tune with whatever is played on the "real" guitar.

• Yeah, I just didn't bond with my GR-55, nor the two VG-99's I had over time. I recall you from the vguitarforum. I'm 727lawrence there, but haven't been on in a while.

• Aha! I recognize your user name from there, too - I think I had you figured out already from some of your gear history comments. I had followed the development of the Kemper there since before its first NAMM show, and ultimately sold my two GR-55 and some GK pickups to cover the cost of my lunchbox. I still participate in the Kemper thread - as does whippingpost :) That hole in the back of my Kemper might hold a small synth...so, maybe a Fishman Triple Play at some point.

AND - A few practical (as opposed to special effect) Pitch Shifter suggestions:

1) If you are currently playing any covers by bands that tune down, but using standard tuning to play them in the original key (as in physically playing a U2 song in Eb that was originally played on a guitar that was tuned down a half step):

Make a "one half step down" patch, and you will be able to use all the open strings and chord voicings that were originally used, instead of trying to use exotic fingerings to drone an open Eb under moving chords.

2) If you do casual gigs, sit in gigs, last minute favor gigs, and are asked to play a song you know in a key you don't know:

Use pitch shift to "auto-transpose" into their key - think of it as a virtual capo :) If you know it in G, with a lot of open chords, and they want to play it in Bb, use +2 half steps. If they want to play it in E, use -3 half steps.

3) as, in, where 1) meets 2) If you find yourself doing a last minute gig with a band that doesn't use standard tuning:

If they tune to Eb, make a -1 half step stomp, and LOCK IT ON for the entire gig. You can play everything just like you are used to doing, with no need to change the set up on your guitar.

4) maybe the most obvious: You know how hard it can be to keep a guitar in tune when you use the trem bar/vibrato arm/bigsby/wang bar/etc?

You can use a whammy pedal to do all of that, without going out of tune. A subtle flutter, scooping up to a clean chorusy chord, classic Surf music lines and chord wiggles. Generally speaking, setting it to 24 half steps (a two octave range) will give you the dive bomb range, as well as let you do the above subtle things with less pedal movement.

5) Whammy set up choices for direction of movement - some like a forward movement to drop the pitch. Some like normal pitch to be with the pedal parallel to the stage, and pull it back to drop the pitch. Try both - one or the other will likely feel more natural to you.