Posts by nightlight

Just getting familiar with artist mode and I noticed the reverb mix parameter. I believe this would allow us to tailor our reverb across multiple profiles for different venues. By default, it's set to 50%, which seems to indicate the standard setting, with options for raising or lowering reverb across profiles.

Looks like a great addition that's already made it past the drawing board.

not necessary to use the zero rig. We can change the amp if we like to. (Of course don't upload a commercial profile). ;)

Yes, I believe I was using a factory profile (no commercial profiles yet), but it might well have been one on the rig exchange. To boot, I believe the original creator of the profile is no longer on the forums, so obtaining permission to provide a FX tweaked rig would be difficult. I will of course notify you guys of the rig (it was freely available after all) and provide a copy of the Zero Rig with all the FX tweaks loaded for anyone who's interested. ^^

Sometime tonight, guys, I'm happy you liked the clip.

Here's a clip of that kind of reverberating sound. They go through a few different ones in there, but for that basic building block, this should work fine. I think you'd have to use a couple of other FX in tandem, such as the tremolo or micropitch in order to cover a few more of those sounds. Also, being able to shorten the delays or expand repeats would help if you're looking for a specific type of reverberation.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'll upload the rig if anyone still feels this isn't too crappy and sloppy haha! ^^

I was just browsing the Fractal Audio webpage and was surprised by this page:

http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Software_Downloads_s/54.htm

Apparently, Fractal has a bunch of cabinet and IR packs, as well as editing software, available, but you have to pay to get them. Some of those packs are made by Fractal themselves.

Contrast that to the approach of the Kemper team and it's no contest. Free updates, free rig packs, free librarian (though no word on an editor). I don't think commercial profiles are a detractor either, since they are made available by sole parties and not endorsed by Kemper Amplifiers.

No contest in my book. One year into my Kemper and the device looks better and better. Here's to firmware update 3.0, really excited :thumbup:

For one, play around with the feedback setting on the delay for that kind of shimmer effect. Set it to 100% or greater and you'll get some of that basic detune/trem type sound you heard when combined with a wet sounding reverb. Tap delay with the left/right delays set at odd intervals works great.

I have a rig for something similar, if you'd like, I can make an upload using a modified Kemper Zero rig. For best results, you may want to lock the FX and pair them with a clean tone to your taste.

The advantages of having a "better" FRFR speaker are similar to having better reference monitors. Things translate better across a variety of sources. So I wouldn't worry about having spent too much, quality often dictates a price.

I've got 6" nearfields that perform well without a sub. That's not the issue. Throwing bass a few feet for monitoring, and 10-15m into an audience are very different tasks.

Given that the system outputs 150-watts, far more than my Dynaudios, I think it would work well, especially as an FRFR solution. But alas, no further information available and I'm only recommending this as something that Dan should check out.

I just replied in other thread - Fractal is about to release floor version of AXE FX effects only, no amps simulations http://shop.fractalaudio.com/F…_Pedalboard_p/fas-007.htm

This was discussed earlier. While I think it's a great idea, it seems to fall into the same space as something like a G System, since there is no amp modelling. IMO, the modelling is more of a selling point for the Axe or the Kemper than the FX, so I'm on the fence about this product. Would love to incorporate it into my setup, but I feel I have enough options with the Kemper FX as it is. The cost is also prohibitive and coupled with a controller, I think it would make for too complex a setup.

This is a decent monitor, super on a cramped stage, but I think OP also is looking for something that would work as mains for up to a medium sized venue. For that I would be reluctant to recommend speakers that have anything much smaller than a 12" in the bottom end.

From what I understood, these are Tannoy-designed speakers, similar to what's used in a studio monitor. 6.5" should be able to reproduce bass really well. Even my Dynaudio BM5as do the same, but they aren't as portable as this.

It sounds decidedly dodgy. Could the problem be with your Kemper? I'm assuming you rectified the problem with the mixer, so there is definitely sound output, right?

For those of us that aren't commercial profilers, we usually have to rely on the ears of the guys doing the profiles to get it right. In that sense, I really appreciate it when profilers post takes of the same amplifier with different settings. Perhaps it would make as much sense to break those multiple mic setups into individual profiles and leave it to the user to blend it, something like the recent Ace of Skunk Anansie profiles that were posted, i.e. stuff that works well together.

That would be my idea for recording, but for live? I want to capture as many of the characteristics of the original amplifier as possible. In that sense, multiple micing might be the only way to capture the whole spectrum of tone from an amplifier, though again, the results would be coloured by placement, EQing, etc. Then again, I don't have the amplifier and have no idea how it sounds: it is in my best interests to use the profiles created by guys that can say, "This is the authentic sound of the amplifier".

If the end justifies the mean, I'm not going to nitpick and say, "Only this works" or "Only that works". Perhaps the one thing that could be drawn from this thread for commercial profilers is that we want more flavours, which gives us a better say in how the guitar parts sit in the mix, rather than having to complicate things by modifying a sound to suit the mix, or being forced to base our entire mix on that sound. Means more work, but it also means more satisfied customers.

It pays to test out your settings in a new venue before the gig. Showing up early is one way to do this. I understand it might not always be possible. But in order to get the best possible sound, you need to do a soundcheck. As suggested being in front of the PA while someone else plays through your Kemper is a good idea. Do your tweaking, then head back to the stage Kemper in tow.

But if you want your sound to translate across multiple sources, the best thing to do -- as suggested -- is do your tweaking on the flattest source possible. Studio monitors are great for this. Once you have a good sound on a flat pair of speakers, there will be minimal deviation in the tone across other sources, unless of course something is happening at the mixer end (which should not, everything should be set flat). Then, if there's any frequency response to be tweaked, rely on the output EQ settings to get you in the right spot.

As far as translation, remember that you have to tweak your profiles at gig volumes in order to get an even match at those same gig volumes on a PA speaker. Playing at low bedroom volumes and expecting your tone to sound the same when your playing much louder is not a good strategy.