Posts by nightlight

Try parallel compressing the guitars? This will emphasize the highs and mids.

You said you've tried eq, but I don't see how putting a high pass at 60-70Hz on the DI tracks would change the tone other than get rid of the boom?

Parallel compression sounds like a good idea, I'll try that out, might help even things out a bit. I don't know how it changes it, it just sounds a little less "full". More experimentation is called for I guess. Between guitars, bass and the drums (and working on my singing), don't get enough time to do that.

Heck, I was about to go buy a dremel and lower my pickups, tried this out first and I'm really happy. Or maybe that's ear fatigue. Thanks, will keep working on it.

you may use a multiband comp to tame the "woof" of the palm mutes...Search the "Waves C4 Andy Sneap" trick for an example

[Blocked Image: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/so-much-gear-so-little-time/32082d1172907714-mixing-heavy-distortion-guitar-c4.gif]

That Andy Sneap C4 thing is like an internet myth. Everyone posts the same picture you do and every link gives a 404 error ^^ Thanks for the tip though, I'll use it wisely!

Hey,
    I'm pretty much stuck with the pickups I have on my guitar, a Bill Lawrence L500XL and L500R combo. They seem to have excessive bass response, so when I record DI tracks and reamp, there's this booming sound every time I palm mute. I'm using a baritone tuning on a 6 string Ibanez Prestige.

Tried the usual EQ tricks, but my base tone goes awry, so I'm looking for an alternative solution that tackles the problem at the source. Suggestions? Maybe I should lower my tone controls or something, I always have it dimed, seems to give better playing response. Also, lowering pickup height seems like the thing to do first and foremost, but those *&^$# pickups are just so large, I already had to gouge out sections from the pickup cavity to fit it in the first place.

Probably more of a recording problem than a live sound issue, but there you go. ^^

Pretty sure there's a break-in period for a lot of speakers, maybe some more than others.

Funny thing though, I think you shouldn't just treat them to garbage sounds. Kind of like a guitar in that way, the sonics you put into them give them their character in later life ^^

Hahahaha, cool story! :thumbup:

Very cool policy, Don_Petersen. Thank you!

I thought this was a pretty neat OP, for the record.

"Wow, Michael Wagener might create a rig pack for us?" "Wow, guys, do you think Mr MW might create a rig pack for us?" "Woah, man, wouldn't it be cool if average Joes like us had a rig pack bomb dropped on us by Mr Michael Wagener?"

My goodness, we have such hopes and dreams. Dear, dear, such foolish babies on the forums hoping that our heroes might toss us a bone some day. I'm so crushed by the fact that I don't move around in large gangs that hijack multiple computers and ensure that I get a slice of all that internet glory with constant hits.

I'm broken.

Exactly what are you looking to hear to the question " who am I"? As if I have to for some reason give out such info? That I'm some rock star? I'm not... Do I have a couple of extremely close personal friends in the biz? Absolutely. Did you just search through another thread to find someone else who wants Info about me like a weirdo? Yea, you kinda did... :)

I asked the question. You're not in the biz, but you have extremely close personal friends in the biz. So you're perhaps expecting the Guns & Roses welcome? :whistling:

... Couldn't care in the LEAST if that pack ever comes out, much less actually hearing you play a note with it :)

Oh wow, man. We get it, you have profiles we don't have. Who are you again? The guy that won't listen to our tracks, afaik. :thumbup:

Yes, I think Mr CK said that there was a batch of defective LEDs that were inserted in machines built in 2012. Since the Power Rack was probably built this year, you shouldn't have a problem.

As far as the dead LED giving you grief, if it's under warranty, send it back to Kemper support, sell it when you get it back.

Probably some M4x78.345 bolt needed to attach some stuff inside is on backorder and most likely not much can be done about it.

I totally agree with you. CK should raise the price to at least £1800. 8o

After shipping and customs, I paid about 1800 for my Kemper. That said, I ordered from Thomann and within a few days, my order was shipped out. It then got lost somewhere in the mail and I was frantically searching for it. Luckily, it arrived. :thumbup:

Don't regret paying the price either, but I'm sure Mr Kemper's business model factors in both volumes as well as a good price tag. It's nice to have such a wonderful product that delivers the goods at a decent price point. :love:

I have come to love the transpose feature on my Kemper, it's very useful.

I find it spot on when raising/lowering the tuning by one or two semitones. When things are raised/lowered by higher increments, it becomes a bit more difficult to justify its usability in a recording or live context.

Hoping Mr CK can improve an already excellent algorithm to reduce artifacts and make things "real" (a funny thing to say about a feature like this, imo)! :thumbup:

Why not just supply the information asked for so that the guys can give some objective advice? :?

This is just beating around the bush and makes the thread pointless.

It is not a must, but an attempt to establish an effect that is often used, but never brought yet to the guitar world.
    And it requires virtually no parameters.
    If we see in 20 years, that it has not made it's way to our culture, I will be happy to take it out again.

Ice cold, Mr CK ^^

What I would like to see is the ability to switch some of the dedicated FX post amp to preamp. In other words, allow us to choose our routing options for these FX.

I believe this would give us the edge to create cutting edge new sounds that have never been heard before with the quality that only the Kemper provides :thumbup: