Posts by mojorising

Ok so here it is. The inout sense setting have no direct affect to the overall signal going to the duet or pro tools. I am recording at -20 - -14 db I can not seem to figure out a line level recording situation where I have to ability o clip the signal. No, I don't want to clip but I do want to have control over the signal strength. When using a line level input which is the best source to use, I don't have s/pdif and the best place to attenuate it from. I am close but con not figure this out. Anybody out there got anything on this one.

Thanks for the reply. I will check that again, I read that in the manual but when I adjusted it last night it made no difference on the output. I have time on about two hours to mess around with it. I'll keep you posted.

The direct out volume is set to -0.0db and the main out, monitor out, direct out and headphone links are all checked.

The main output volume is set to -1.2db.

I agree with you Sam but I am not getting anything higher than -12 - -10 db. more like around -20db. I was wanting just a little more signal.

Any ideas….

All, here is my situation. I have the KPA powered rack and I’m using the direct output TRS 1/4" to XLR (balanced) going to my Apogee Duet which is using the XLR, from duet to pro tools.

On the KPA I have the direct output set to “Git Studio” as per the reference manual, I have the duet set to +4 so I am not using the pre-amp inside the duet and within pro tools I am using input monitoring.I am getting a signal and the sound, sounds good. The problem is that the signal coming out of the KPA it is not hot at all, barely pushing anything. And I can't seem to get anymore out of the KPA it at all, to include adjusting the input sense.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this set up work better? Am I missing something? I don’t have s/pdif access so that’s out. I would like to be able to adjust the input levels to the point where I would have to back it off a little.

Thanks,
    Paul

Nightlight, thanks for the breakdown. I have not tried the method yet, but give a few days and I will let you know how it turns out. With this way I guess and can change the amp, preset cab or anything else continuously until I find excatl what I am looking for?

Holy smokes, I have got to sit down and re-read this a few times. But thanks for the info, I will dive into this tomorrow in the am.

Yea, basically I am recording a tone into my DAW, no FX at all. My question is if I am using a certain type of amp and I want to change it to a different amp can that be done with the Kemper. THe way I understand it is yes it can be. That is what I need to figure out.

Thanks for the replies, I will take a look in the manual. The thing is when I record and I think I have the sound I am looking for I want to be able to mess around with different tones to see if something sounds better. Thanks again for the help.

Does anyone know if it is possible to re-amp. What I am trying to understand is once I record a sound using DI from the Kemper how can I change the guitar tone/sound without having to play the riff again? I know it can be done on other models such as the Fractal Axe Fx but can it be don with Kemper? Thanks for the taking the time to read and respond.

mojo

Just an update on my KPA. I have had her for about two months now but had to send her in for work. A couple of the knobs on the front (rack version) were kind of flimsy and didn't have that feeling of quality workmanship. So, I had to bite the bullet and send her in…under warranty of course. With that being said I already miss her. I was just starting to figure out all of the potential she has. Anyway, I will continue to review the forums and check things out, but sadly I am not playing with the KPA right. I do have a Marshall back up so I am good there. Anyway when I get it back I will update this post to let you know how it went.

Mojo