Posts by mojorising

I will check this out today. I was actually going to create a post about the output volume LED. I am not using a pedal but have notice that the lED sometimes clips to red. I will turn down the rig volume when I notice this and keep you guys posted.

On the other hand by lowering the rig volume, how can you maintain equal volume across all rigs?

Is this something that should be done in the performance mode?

mojo

Yeah, I checked that feature and it had not affect in changing anything. I can turn the monitor volume all the way down and when I bring up the master volume there is nothing. But if I bring up the monitor level only a couple db then raise the master then there is plenty of volume. I can continue to raise the monitor level and it can blow you out of the house. So technically I could use the monitor volume to raise the overall volume and not the master. Any ideas???

Auxiliary Input Use

I created a post for the auxiliary input issue and I did get it working for the most part. My other questions are results from trying to figure all of this out.

1. I plug my 4x12 cab into the speaker output 8/16 ohms. However,when I adjust the monitor out control it changes the volume and can become pretty broken up and unintelligible if push to far. (why) ?(

2. When I use the auxiliary input I am plugging in an 1/8" male to my macbook and plugging in (2) TS 1/4" males to the return and auxiliary inputs and only receive mono signal. Why am I using a single 1/8" stereo to (2) mono males if only one of them is working. I am only getting signal for the "Ring" connector and the "Tip" connector is not connect because it doesn't make a difference. If I turn up the Aux In Headphone volume and the Monitor volume and then the use the Master volume I can get the volume up. Is this right?

Can someone please explain all of this to…. :S

Mojo

Hey Bliss, I did and then read everything very carefully. I did get it to work for the most part, but I need to continue to mess around with it. I will keep you posted.

I think I am missing something here. I come out of my mac and into the return input and auxiliary input with my cable. I have my 4x12 plugged into the speaker output. When I hit play for the mp3 music does come through the 4x12. Using the Auxiliary Input control I adjust the level the volume of the mp3 but the guitar volume can greatly over power the volume of the mp3. If i understand this correctly only the auxiliary input control actually controls the volume of the incoming mp3 signal. I just doesn't seem to be that pound or that clear. Any suggestions?

Well with all of that being said, when I plug into speaker output I can adjust the speaker volume level with the monitor output level. Does that make any sense????

I have been trying to use this function. I use a 1/8" male stereo input and two 1/4" mono outputs. I am only getting mono out and not stereo. Has anyone tried this feature, I can't seem to balance the guitar to the input of the mp3

Page 9 of the KEMPER PROFILER
    The deeper view & reference manual

Auxiliary Input
    The Auxiliary Input function allows you to feed a stereo signal, such as an MP3 player, into your Kemper Profiler to play along with it. In the Master/Output menu, the Auxiliary Input is equipped with two controls:
    one to feed the aux signal to the main outputs, and another to feed it to the Monitor and Headphone output separately. This allows you, for instance, to add an additional monitor signal to your headphone output,
    while the main output stays unaffected. The auxiliary signal will not be affected by the internal effects. You will need to purchase a special cable which provides the stereo signal via two separate TS jacks.
    Plug the left jack into the Return Input and the right jack into the Alternative Input. Use the Auxiliary Input control to adjust the level.

According to page 44 in the Gianfranco Di Mare - wiKPA 2013 03 22.pdf:

JAMMING ALONG MP3sWITH YOUR KPA WITHOUT A MIXER-You can jam along your mp3s without any bulky mixer by using the loop stereoeffect in the chain and have it locked. I use the headphone out of my old iPod (you might use your cell phone) and connect it in stereo to the two return jacks at theback of the KPA (you need a cable with a stereo 3.5mm jack to two mono 6.3mm jacks).The loop stereois put into the Modslot and you can adjust the balance between guitar and external signal in the effect settings.With a headphone this is a very compactand portable solution.

?(

I will check the Kemper site, do you remember where you bought it? Are you using this for strictly way or volume or both? Do you using the one pedal for both or do you have a separate for each? Also, do you use the pedal inputs 1 and 2 and the back for hooking it up?

I am looking for a pedal that can work the wah and volume side of the KPA. I am using a Ground COntrol Pro for midi changes but would like to be able to control the way FX and volume level. Does anyone have any suggestions. I will not say that money is flowing freely but I will say you get what you pay for, if I need to continue saving for something that is better than all the rest then I will. I don't want to have to buy something twice.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Mojo :thumbup: