Posts by mojorising

I am currently researching something similar.

Meaning, I am in the process of wanting to purchase a powered monitor but want to use it for everything. Here is the issue.

You said "Kemper goes into a powered stereo cab (tailored for the Kemper)"…do you have a powered or non-powered Kemper? I believe if you have a powered Kemper then you must use a powered speaker for the monitor and non-powered when using your main outputs.

This is what I am researching right now…I have a powered rack Kemper and when I use a non-powered cab with my monitor out I have very low volumes but when I use a powered one it rocks.

According to the manual I believe the is the set up you/me are looking for. I hope this helps.

I received the remote the other day and I am happy. My question is, while in browser mode do you have to set each profile and save it before the remote will remember it. Or is there a way to assign each channel for example A, B C, and D to always be on or off. Meaning I can't just tap on the controller and turn on channel "A" without assigning that particular FX to that particular channel…right?

Hey Don, this is really interesting. I have the GCB95 and have done a few mods to it but I think your thoughts on your mods and would like to try them out myself.

Is there anyway you could direct me in a direction that may shed a little more light on exactly what and where the Q-mod and lower range mod (0.022uF instead of 0.01uF cap, as found in the ZW and Hendrix wahs) and the Q-mod and lower range mod (0.022uF instead of 0.01uF cap) with a very low Q-setting- FAT. I am not sure where those caps reside on the board, and direction would be very helpful.

I am experiencing a very small sweet range and would like to see if this will increase the parameter.

What are your thoughts and again, thank you for everything you contribute to the forum. I look forward to your response.

Thanks,
    mojo

I got to try this procedure. I use a Les Paul and a start for various things and would like to have individual setting for each. I have the input set for each but didn't think about the output eq. Two separate eq'ings for two different guitars? Sweet!!!!

mojo

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I have it figured out for the most part. What happened was I had a major feedback loop inside my speaker break out box which houses various XLR connects for different speaker configurations. Needless to say after major troubleshooting I got it cleared up. I now have to fine tune some other settings but I am on the right track and moving in the right directions.

Thanks again for everyone helping out.

mojo

Here is where I am at on this. I have recorded the DI signal from the direct out and the wet signal from main out left to two different tracks at the same time in pro tools. I created another audio track and sent only the dry signal to it and changed some amp settings. I monitored the signal but there is a super amount of feedback. Does anyone have anyone questions. My brain is fried after reading 10,000 post on the matter I still can't get it figured out. I am close but no cigar.

Signal flow:
    I am coming out of my KPA with xlr (main out left) 1/4 Direct out to my apogee duet 2 then into pro tools. I am sending the signal back to the KPA through the return input on the back. I set the input source to return input reamp. Is there anything I am missing. I am getting the signal back at the KPA as indicated on the input and output LED's and it is picking it up through the new recorded track. But like I said to much feedback to even describe.

If anyone has any thoughts on this I would greatly appreciate the help.

mojo

Deadpan, I had the same issue and even sent it back so they could actually touch them. I got the "everything is fine" with the pots. I haven't had any problems with them but the do feel flimsy and cheap. I don't know if this helps you but just thought you might want to know your not the only one with this issue.

mojo

What I am trying to accomplish is recording my guitar signal from the KPA through the Duet to Pro Tools. I am coming out of the KPA Direct Out using a 1/4" and going into the Duet with a XLR. Is this the right way to record into Pro Tools? Like I said I am getting a signal just not a strong one mostly between -20 - -14 db. It doesn't really cut through.