Posts by mojorising

Ok, here is another noob question.

Once I have a rig set up the way I like it in the browse window, where do I put…hey no wise cracks…lol

What i want to do is gather all of the rigs that I like for my gigs. Place them in order of my set list. Then be able to recall them by using a midi floor controller the ground control pro. I haven't gotten that far to actually start programming the midi. Right now i just want to make up my own rigs list…so to speak, place them in whatever order I want and change them if I want to, add or remove when I want. But I don't know how to do that or where. I think the get stored in the performance mode but hove to reorganize. I hope I am making sense here. Can anyone offer some guidance. I have been looking through the manuals but don't seem to be able to grasp it. Maybe because I am tired, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mojo

Oh wow!!! Thanks a lot…I am going to check this out, unfortunatley I have to travel until Tuesay but when I get back I am going to work on this. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will keep you posted on my developments.

It was a combination of things. First inserting a boost helped and the turning p the amp boost. I was not aware of these features and completely new to the KPA. I didn't understand the rig set ups, I thought the rigs were already to go and in fact there are but not they way I was thinking about them. Now I am gaining a better understanding on how these all work together to get the sound you want.

Thanks to everyone here I have been able to start tinkering with the rigs and making my own. I won't be long until I will be ready to attack the midi issue (foot controller set up) and organizing rigs so I can use the foot controller to change rigs. Then I will concur the expression pedal install or routing.

If anyone has any ideas on these and can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Again, thank you to everyone for having the patience with a noob to the KPA. Without all of you I may have return it and been sorry to do so.

My god people, the boys has hit oil. Took a little time to figure this it out but I got it and I got it good. Thank to everyone for the guidance. Now to figure out how to make a back up and hook up midi so I can switch through rigs.. Thanks again to everyone.

Meam, thanks for the heads up!!! I actually think I am starting to figure this out....but then again bam.

You got any idea why the power rack is not putting out the power like I think it should. My 100 tube can't put it on 2, the little bitty spider 6 75W my son has is crazy, stupid loud but when I can turn up the KPA all the way then there ain't no way I am getting 300-600w of raw power. Why is that?

Thanks again for the quick response. You cleared a lot up, now if I can figure out the power side... I will keep you posted on my learning curve, and when I say keep you posted it may be a while. Still trying to figure all of this out. Going to the store in the am to get the thumb drive probably a 2 gig and then set up the computer side.

I haven't even touched on getting my midi foot controller set up I am sticking to understanding the basics right now. Again, thank you.

:thumbup:

Delta, many thanks for the reply.

I meant "getting the most out of it" and by that you cleared up all of the questions I had with that. I just need to modify the "rigs or presets" that are already within the KPA or I could purchase "profiles" that are already constructed and then modify them.

Switching back and forth with the monitor and PA. I know there is no reason to actually do this, but I question should have read. How to have a cab on stage as a monitor and the KPA into a PA system, not so much switching. If today I was to use just a cab how would I do that, if tomorrow I want to use it through a PA how would I do that and if I wanted to combined how would I do that.

Oh yea, when modify a rig how would you save that into the KPA and where...under favorites or is there a user rig area?

Thanks again for the help, this will be a journey but I just need a little guidance to get going...can't go anymore spinning out of control ? :wacko:

Hello everyone, I am a noob beyond noobs and think I am in over my head here. I just received my KPA yesterday and I know there is a lot of information to run this but dang. Ok, questions.

1. I have the power rack. I hook up my 4x12 cab and it plays o through ok, but it is not as loud as it clams to be. It does not feel like 100 watts coming out, surely not like my Marshall head. I have tried both 8 and 16 ohms and both monitor out and speaker out, and adjusting the volume through the soft knobs. Also, I am aware of turning the cabs sims off to help out with any coloring issues. Any ideas??

2. I want to make my own presets up using the amps, cabs, mice, etc that are within the KPA. I cannot figure out how to do this, even after reading the entire reference manual and set up guide. Any help?

3. Is there any instructional videos or links that can help guide you through getting the most out of the KPA.

4. What size thumb drive should I use to transfer files, upload updates and create back ups?

And finally, how can I using monitor out for PA use and speaker cab for an on stage monitor at the same time...is that when you link the two together and how can you switch back in forth?

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide. Rock on and have fun :thumbup:

Mojo