Posts by theplayer

For hours I tried to get a decent copy of this audio example, using the harmonizing stomps in the Kemper. I need it for One of these nights. I know you have to understand the way harmonizing works, but I can't get it done. Can anyone explain if this is possible with Kemper and guitar? And how you do that or do I need more/other stuff?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Frequently I rehearse at home but in silent mode: a little explanation....
    I connect my powered KPA to my mixer with two cables from my main outs to 2 inputs on the mixer. I put on my headphones which also are connected to the mixer. Then I play along with a song coming from the computer which is connected to the mixer through USB. Everything OK sofar.
    But now I loose all delay and reverb fx of the rig I play with that song. I checked all settings. Delay and reverb settings are ON (meaning: part of the rig) but the guitar signal is completely dry....! Is this normal?

I use no FRFR at all playing with the bands. When setting up my sounds in the Kemper, I want to hear it on loud volume. I route my Kemper to the mixing panel and hear sound from the FOH system, being two RCF Evox 8 units (which are really good by itself). Then, when I play with the band, I route the Kemper also to the mixing panel and I use an IEM system myself (Sennheiser EW300 IEM G3). No FRFR or other monitor, just the IEM. As said, everyone in the room say my sound has never been better.

This is what I want to give a try because for a long time now I almost have the same gear as you have: A powered Kemper, a EW300 IEM G3, 2 QSC K8 with a QSC Ksub and an Allan & Heath 22-channel mixer. Also like to play loud.
    I tried with several cabs like a Marshall 212 cab and a 4x12 Line 6.but it's not really the thing.

Nevertheless I've now been advised to use a Jackson Ampworks 112 cab or a 212 Anyone familiar wtith these?

In the Reference manual there's a list of used stomps and in the Rig Manager there's a folder for STOMPS. The folder is empty and the manaul only talks about kinds of stomps. Is there also a kind of Stomps manager for downloading certain stomps? I'm looking for a Vox tone bender, but I assume that other players are looking too for specific (vintage) stomps. Is there such a folder with profiled stomps?

And maybe a odd question: I'm a Gibson Les Paul player because of playing on their wider necks than Fenders strats or telecasters. Is it possible to profile the tonal characteristics of guitars too? Playing on a Les Paul and hear the tonal characteristics of a Telecaster or Gretsch or whatever fine guitar? Then maybe you wouldn't have to buy that priceless Jimi Hendrix strat, that awesome Brian May's Red Special or that expensive Chet Atkins Gretsch... ^^

OK! Thanks. It came up to me because in the video which sambrox showed me, they increase gain from a clean start. But sofar I have been using other amps in the amp section for soloing. Must only avoid red clipping LED however by following advice.

Question... What is the difference between increasing the gain of a clean sounds to get a distorted solosound or choosing a certain amplifier to reach the same result. What is to prefer?
    Option 1 = playing a clean intro (saved) rig en using that same sound but with much increased gain for rig 2 (saved) for soloing OR
    Option 2 = playing a clean intro (saved) rig and using a whole other rig with a chosen distorted amp for soloing. It seems that this option is much more uncontroleable in getting volumes at the right level

sambrox, Robrecht, viabcroce, sharry, DonPetersen: Thank you all so much :thumbup: for clearing up things, especially the video which is very clearly about this issue. So I will also have to look to cabinet and rig volumesm stomps etc. that can affect the final volume negatively like a distorted clean sound. I'll get to and hopefully I'll get it all done. I'll be back!

Still in trying to get things done, I suddenly lost all Reverb and Delay settings in rigs so I had to do a Init Globals to recover this and move on...

a Green output LED on a clean rig does obviously not mean that there's no distortion because I still experience this. What is the right behaviour in all those knobs and settings to get it right, as well for clean as for distorted sounds coming just from the amplifier?

CS and DS won't be of help.
    If the output LED is steadily (or very frequently) on the RED, the rig volume is too high. Lower it and resave.
    You can also use the Cabinet volume, or any volume in any FX slot.
    Resave!

Clean sounds have much higher peaks than distorted sounds. If you need volume but don't want peaks, you might use for example the Compressor in the Amp section.

My volume is always set around 12 o'clock and using a rig from Exchange comes mostly with that value. Master Output is set around 1.2 Clean sense is at 3 dB and dist. sense is at - 3.0 dB. Still there's a red clipping led for both clean and distorted sounds. Using a compressor affects the sounds. I can't get rid of it.

Decreasing the Rig volume means increasing of the Master volume. That keeps the output led green but is this the right way...? Or do I have to play endlessly with Main Volume and Monitor Volume in Output?

MtotheEikel:
    Previously I studied the Ref. manual about this problem. Of course it's possible that I overlooked something. I will try again with your remarks. Thanks!

Eltzejupp:
    Also Thank you for your appreciated contribution. I will carefully try your solution, like you also in steps! Hopefully it works because I need whammy, pitch and wah fx for different songs in the band. Will be back to you all later!
    From The Netherlands: ;)

No, input LED occasionally yellow

For more information: I use a Gibson Les Paul Standard (Jimmy Page 1995) in treble position, no push pulls open and my KPA is connected to a Line6 4x12 cab with (I guess) FF speakers. Could this combination have a bad influence for less cleaner output?

Mostly I like playing loud. I use several clean rigs (with chorus volume around 2 and eq at 0.0) and then use a second rig for (heavy) solosound. But the clean rigs confront me mostly with distortion, even with low gain,set at 2.
    I check every time clean sense input and distorted sense input and they're always at 0.0 dB. Where's that distortion coming from? I can tell every time by looking at the clipping red output led, that it's not right, but I can't find the answer to it.

ignore the page numbers, just look for a tick box in the top row named "Wah to Pitch"

I'm sorry. I don't see it! Not in System and not in the fx that comes with the rig. All I experience is that I loose the wah in a certain rig when I need the pitch in another rig and vice versa

[\quote]Its a little bit confusing. What is exactely locked and where?
    If the wah is locked in the rig , press the stomp button where the wah is in and then press the lock button. The lock sign has to dissapear.[/quote]

I got rid of it, finally...trying after trying....for the time being maybe. The lock button lightened up at several rigs I chose.