Posts by prsgary

Yes, I tried them version - #3 was the best for me in that bunch. I'm still playing around with all of them, plus others, and all knobs. If you come up with even better, please do let me/everyone know. Thanks Gerald for the good work as always!

by popular demand, here is the rig used in my demo ( played on a semi hollow )

That semi hollow body sounds great with the sim! Unfortunately I can't get even close to that using my PRS, regardless of which pickup I use or where I put the Sim settings. If any one has figured this out for a PRS, please help out. I've waited so long for this acoustic sim release in the Kemper, so far nothing sounds very authentic. The closest I've come is using a tweaked Liquid Neve 1073 by Bill Rupert. Perhaps it's the humbuckers, don't know. I'll take suggestions!

legacy wah presets changed to Pedal Mode=On

I'm very excited to get home and install this beta, been waiting for the ac. simulator anxiously! With the legacy wah present changed as it says, does that mean you no longer can do 'bypass to stop' or any of the other choices I rely on all the time?

Enlightened would be: talks more forum than playing guitar.

Doesn't bode well for you Ingolf old enlightened buddy! Better play more tennis 8o , though if you're correct, than maybe Knows 3 Chords would describe Enlightened even better HAHA.

My actual list might go something like (from Beginner on up);

1.Working on learning those 3 chords

2.Knows a scale or 2

3.Plays all solos in Pentatonic mode

4.Can play using Nashville numbering system

5. Knows ALL the modes and when to use them!

It's pretty simple, but if you need additional help one of these YouTube videos probably has what you need and much more; just type in "kemper performance mode tutorial." There are a bunch.

Another quick method for saving and testing out possible favorite rigs is to use the Browse mode and do a "Save As" and just add the special character "&" at the beginning of the rig name. Do this for several you want to easily compare. That shoots them right up to the very beginning of the Browse pool, from where you can use Remote buttons or soft buttons on the Kemper to switch between them. The ones you don't like? Just delete them. I put this character on ALL my favorite rigs so that when I create my performances, they're right there in one small, easy to manage group.

Personally I don't see why you and many others don't just by the powered toaster, simplest solution to many issues, just a bit more moolah but worth it. Since I mostly play with 'cab off' I don't feel any need or desire to buy the kab and kone, though if you only play at home that may be more desirable. I tend to gig a lot so those would do nothing for me, any cab works fine for monitoring onstage.

It should be labelled a "beta" imho due to the many strange activities I've been a victim of the past few days. It needs more work I'm afraid. It especially handles Performances extremely poorly. I'm resigned to doing my edits back on the Profiler instead (support ticket submitted).

Since I got it up and running I've now had issues with RM linking to the Kemper: The changes I've made using the editor did NOT show up on the Profiler, even after switching from Performance to Browse or vice versa, nor after rebooting the system. Edits from RM were just replaced with the original settings. Once I unplugged my USB connection to the computer, changes occurred. So therefore, I'm back doing all my edits on the Profiler itself. Yes, the editor in theory sounds like a great idea, it's just not there yet.

Yes, I'm submitting a support ticket on this, though I've not many responses to the last several support tickets I've sent in. Anyone else have these issues?

One more question: in the editor are broad categories of effects, none of the hundreds that are actually there. Is there an easy was within the editor, not the Toaster, to see all the options within?

Hi! all. So I installed the newest RM update and it told me it had the OS 7.1.22 firmware update. I tried twice to install this through RM (which I have hardly ever tried) and it failed both times. I did it then by the old tried and true USB stick - no problem installing it.

I post this for others should they encounter the same issue, didn't bother to contact support about this since it worked fine the "kaos.bin" way 8)

Thanks Alan, I've got it now! Editor and all. Even my missing performance is showing. The problem was my brain - for some reason it was seeing 7.1.12 as 7.1.1.2, therefore older than 7.1.5 - dummy me.:S

If the editor section doesn't open, Rig Manager doesn't find your Profiler or your Profiler is not up-to-date.

My powered profiler head is updated to 7.1.5.15526, my RM is 3.0.89 (15760), and yet RM gives me error message every time I open it saying I need to upgrade my profiler to higher than 7.1.12. RM doesn't see all my performances, I see no editor... what am I missing? I am using a MAC, USB connected of course.

Endless hours of sitting on the ground to tweak things is a huge reason why I am now a Kemper user. I dont spend nearly as much time on the ground as I did with the Helix but it would be nice to do things like setup effects without having to be on the ground.

Then why did you get the Stage and not the Toaster? Makes no sense.