Posts by Gandalf_The_Blond

Best thing to do is set aside a few days, tell someone you haven't gone missing and play the snot out of it.

Definitely get rig manager, go thru a bunch. even tool around with "poor' profiles, such as badly miced etc, vs ones you don't like.

Kpa is garbage in, garbage out, so it's important to get a sense what the culprit is if you don't like something.

Seems like you have the basics covered, also there are no real rules, so experiment, even if sounds get coloured, you might like that too.

If you can profile your amp/cab, or try ones you are familiar with, which will give you a better way to compare lifelike.

Have a blast :)

Is there a general consensus on selling com profiles that you bought? such as you buy one copy, you sell one copy, on a usb stick, and having part of the sale stipulate only one copy is allowed? There are a lot of sellers these days, so it may not always be clear what the agreement was. Hard to police for sure, good on ya for looking out for him... Tho plenty of decent folk out there to make up for the sketchy ones...

wow didnt see nov 2015...

powerhead for 5k? sounds a bit greedy, but legal, ppl can charge what they want....

wow, will wait a long, long time.... any reason someone can get these prices besides finding buyers that dont know normal prices?

I would like to know what do you guys think about this topic seriously speaking

Interesting thread, someone here also posted that ethics is a big word. It is a very complex field of study. This raises the question of why ask people what they think, then post a video that starts with a sort of leading question, to imply kpa is not as good/able to profile accurately etc.
    Non sequitur, and you should demonstrate that you can tell the difference, if you want to not just make assumptions then follow up by a sort of loaded question. about stealing sounds, and downloading music (more a red herring, than a comparison; cd cartels/greed did this, itunes seems to be fine, artists still underpaid.. some artists put their work up free, got noticed, got good gigs, kinda like radio payola but free and ethical).

You then load the question even more, about a 30 day legal return law--most stores are happy to do this freely, and have demo models etc.
    Then going into 8/10 amps being returned (my guess resold later, you neglect this, or what about the 2 killer ones?) then use all of this stealing music build up to imply kpa users are doing this in droves. starting an ethical discussion with thieves will probably get you robbed or stabbed etc.

If you want to have a discussion about ethics, don't start it with very unethical loaded questions. After hearing this, and reading the responses here I think you got much, much better answers than you deserved for that intro, or the "questions" you came up with. Lot of good posts and ideas here, and a far better understanding of ethics than you started out with.

Hm... am I the only one who thinks his thoughts are legit?

No, there are some legit concerns. The presentation narrows it so badly, that the issue gets buried, and people responding are pushed in a very certain direction. Ingolf nailed it pretty well saying he refused to be tied to his ethics (or something similar).

I will answer your big question about if it is ethical to buy an amp with an intention of returning it, and you may be surprised by it. But in return I want you to answer a question of mine. When will you stop asking loaded questions (see what just happened there? my loaded question was ethical because it was based on something true)

wait for it, wait for it, yes it is absolutely ethical to buy an amp with the intention of returning it. Everyone here does it with any gear.

Lets remove the idea of the profiler for a second, stealing and all of this. I think it is fair to say that for a long time everyone here, and most other places I can think of went out and bought an amp with the hopes of of it being better/different, and with full intent of returning it, if it was not--it is the mark of a mature mind to be able to hold 2 opposing and contrary thoughts at once...
    You can' limit it to just eu, online, but small stores, chains, even personal techs, everything. All of these retailers know that x will be returned, the smart ones learn their customers,give them a good return policy, get them what they like and they return to buy more things.

Enter the Kemper.

This is where you really broke your own argument. Easily pointed out that you can get a profile with a mouse click and a few ducats if needed. Rm, or even ask in a thread, ppl will give ideas, even competing commercial profilers will recommend others if they have a better product. Pretty cool imo.

Even if you could not get it online, only in a store, nobody is gonna buy they latest shiny $$$$ amp thinking wow, gotta have that crappy sound.8/10 returns? Also if the kpa was not as good as those 2/10 magic amps, that totally owned it, guess what would be getting sold.
    Folk here bounce around with tube an kpa all the time, either selling, or as you mentions some dude saying kpa is good, then why play a tube amp on stage. because he wanted to? why imply some sort of obligation to stick to one camp? A while ago my lil bro came by and noticed a new 100w tube head I just got. Right away he laughs and says, you know digital is better, made me laugh too, plug in some guitars, have a few beers; NOT coffee, and more laughs.

Either kpa = tube, kpa>tube or kpa< tube. Your statement was kpa><tube. Es macht nichts.

Food comes first, then moral. (Bertolt Brecht)

Love that guy :)

Ogre thought the best place known to man
    In this world was the lavatory pan

That was a place to set the cheeks aglow
    With (rock) stars above and excrement below

Then you realize just how far you've gone
    Using the lavatory pan to eat on ;)

Henning, I'm not saying don't ask difficult questions, or even controversial ones, or be firm in your views. If you want to start an ethical discussion, at least learn or find someone who understands ethics, and who can present it in a way that includes everyone. Hire a writer to supervise you when you use words and stuff. You seem far more concerned with money, getting paid, than any music, gear, art, or ethics. This is also telling.

That subterranean homesick blue fireside chat ain't gonna cut it .... you need to work on your image... it's getting old.

If you want to convince the world you are a producer you need to step up your game... at the very least, a diamond encrusted Bentley, at least one mansion, and bikini girls with machine guns kickin' it by the pool.

Now that I own both units i find a new level of entertainment in these threads

BREAKING NEWS! NEW AXE FIRMWAREZ OUT

QUANTUM BETA 3.0 : TOSSER PRO!
    So pro you don't even know!
    Now you too, can win the fists of fury guitar competition with ease and win the coveted wanker of the year award...
    With this in your arsenal, you will be unstoppable.
    Remember all the compliments, forget all the insults. TM

... and ASG...

Anal Sodium Glutamate?
    That was a source of much negativity. Sadly I think that persona was flying a few nuggets short of a happy meal, but I should not be negative and take anything away, so mebbe rephrase this as having a few bats in the belfry... The other, much worse alternative is this was not a "real" person, but one, or several poor writers (hired or such) to create negativity, for a specific goal. This happens all the time on the net, however this had crossed some very bad lines. There are no AD standards on the net, those are usually done nationally, and this would have earned a serious fine in many places... But you can't get jurisdiction established, and not easy to prove who did what, etc... If it was someone who was so estranged, then pathos would say, how bad it must be to feel like that, and hope they get better--I was 100% dead serious about them getting help, and the response that I accused them of an illness just shows twisting language poorly... you can't be accused of being sick, it is not a crime... As for an intentional attempt to generate negativity, that's not good, and this was zero tolerance not good, and whoever would be involved in such a thing really needs to work on their decent human being skills--all I am going to say on that.

Disclaimer and some serious stuff:

Ya there has been some negativity, and all kinds of shenanigans, probably more as of late. I can own up to some of the immaturity, since
    I have a very broad sense of humour, and never say no to a laugh are very wise words imo. Negativity and bizarre feature requests, not me.. Tho you can't blame new
    KPA users for unusual ideas, and sometimes a fresh set of eyes can come up with a really good idea or way of looking at things. Mebbe some info here will balance out some of the
    immaturity ;)

Also, looking from past experience on "how these threads usually go", it is possible, but I don't see anything wrong with some light harmless fun. Don't take things too seriously, only just as much seriousness as is needed... As far as FAS marketing goes, I find it over the top, and am pretty sure that anyone who writes, or understands ad copy will get the joke too--the better ones are a very funny and depraved bunch.

Being honest I should say I have nothing against Axe & co. have never used one, but would for sure if I got the chance. So none of this is any possible comment on the gear. Some here say that it has some good things to it, so this helps cut thru the web hype. But mail order, batch assembly line, and prolly drop ship /= boutique. That is a fancy word for a fancy place, where if you have to ask what something costs it is probably not for you. Conjures up images to being spoiled with champagne, caviar, or proper chocolate bon bons while you look at fancy things to buy. Some even made to your exact wishes.. It is good we have amp makers like this (the custom part)...

And as for the old post: who is CC? my guess? part Chef Boyardee, part Oscar the Grouch, part Wile E. Coyote---with all those acme components in some cave that end up in disaster-- and part who knows what else.

However, these are only impressions I see from his public image, what his pr/ad ppl, his detractors (possibly also part of his pr machine) etc. have said. Tony Mackenzie seems an ardent anti fan of his. Take all of this with a grain of salt (not anal sodium glutamate either, as this will probably leave a very bad taste).

I never met CC, so who knows, he could be a really nice guy. He is a multi-millionaire, and is not a world class engineer if axe is all he has done. I can show you examples of such engineers, and the difference will be evident. One defense of their constant firmware upgrades, modelling cheap components (old, crappy, cheap parts with +/- 10% error in value ranges) that just happen to sometimes combine in a way that sounds very good must be hellish to do. That 10% error only gets worse with age, and you hear a cry R2 can't you increase the B+ capacitance!! I cant do it captain, I just don't have the quantum. Nerdy stuff indeed. But I do hope they keep at it,and come out with some killer new features that lots of people will enjoy.

In any entertainment industry there is only ONE thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

The best example I can give of this is a link to a satirical review hub about a t shirt--funny stuff--which illustrates what kind of things can be written on the web, sure it is a bit of trolling, immature, funny, but it is positive, and shows how easily hype can be generated, while boosting sales of this now famous t shirt. 5 stars, 1500 plus reviews :
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Moun…hort-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

And for you Mank? I am guessing that a guy who has an interface made from unicorns you will especially be interested in this fine product:
    http://www.amazon.com/Think-Ge…nicorn-Meat/dp/B004CRYE2C

Taste and tongues,
    They do have a close relationship;

If it tastes good, lick it,
    or if not, probably avoid...
    words to live by...

LOL Mank, chin up, stiff upper lip, an all that, you are the moral fiber of this forum...

That word you said, that can't be said, especially while doin' it... is about as straight and narrow as it gets--help build chops too ;)

Mordor? Na, more like the land of Muff, it's gotten cold up here and need to stay warm...

http://www.gettyimages.ca/phot…e=photography&phrase=muff

Hope this is fashionable and in good taste, there are some really big muffs here--hope nobody gets miffed-- lots of over the top fuzz :)

FWIW I have never gotten the hairy eyeball for saying thinks like "nice muff!" or "can I pet your muff?" YMMV tho...

I also can't understand why some ppl think that our national animal is the beaver as a funny thing, Why would I wanna go to Mordor, when I can chill

out in the land of the beaver, and be nice and cozy :D And as an environmentalist I can only say: "save a tree, eat a beaver"...

Oh, almost forgot, if you do want to travel and get wet --diver down-- there is always the http://www.muffdivingclub.ie

As far as this thread goes, it was a NAMM speculation thread...

And you know that speculation is a sin, it can affect your vision...cause hairy palms, the list goes on,

so there is bound to be some bad taste involved in here.

But why be negative; tastes good, is good :saint::P

Mankey Mon. LOL!

Oh man, this whole clothing deal sounds awesome, Gandalf. If I manage to score some rags down here in Jungleville I'll no longer need to shave all over every year. I'll still have to lather up to do the tongue, but what can one do? Is tongue clothing available too?

Lol!

Possibly this ;)http://www.zazzle.ca/carpenter…shirts-235032214199731728

Must have taken some talented clover tongued cunning linguist to come up with that idea...

This girl definitely has the chops for it http://kristenhughey.tumblr.co…s-eyed-clover-tongue-face :P
    Is it a tongue, or a groove, or both, a groovy tongue? /mind blown...

I'm so excited by the new features in the firmware shown at NAMM

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm so excited,
    And I just can't hide it,
    I'm about to lose control
    And I think I like it.
    I'm so excited,
    And I just can't hide it,
    And I know, I know, I know, I know
    I know I want you, want you.

Don't know what got into me, this a bit over the top... tho these lyrics really do describe GAS

HAHA! this is entertaining , no bashing but a little point and laugh

First it was Quantum TM ... to make ppl feel smart... A buzzword in physics that actually came about because the physicists involved in it's creation didn't know what to
    call it so they used quantum, meanig amount, think quantity, v.s quality. That alone was funny, but go to fas fron page , and that alien brandishing tha axe unit really does make it look like he is gonna get the probe... guitarist says no way that probe is gonna fit in my anus, alien says "yes it will. now bend over and show me your shi**er".

Was wondering why they were quiet during Namm.. Either having probs or working on something really good, and honestly I hoped it was something good.

As for Deux, it can have several meanings here, also ridiculous...

1 The most obvious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina or "God from the machine" This is too easy to make fun of, almost no sport. Bt it does show some sort of god
    complex or cult, and that board has a vibe where sycophants think the sun shines out of C C's a$$hole.

2 Harry's idea, part 2. Seems pretentious to mix French in like that. Also ridiculous. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=part+deux a more modern meaning were a sequel is really bad. Kinda implies dookie.

I think Harry has the most likely idea, a planed release of a third version --the master beta

lol sorry could not resist...

all in good fun tho, just sayin'

i ain't bashin', was just bashin'

witty with the witten word

haha that's not that bad actually..

you have a pun, witty witten
    a double entendre from a typo, irony too
    onomatopoeia ... witt en (and) word
    alliteration...
    tongue twister--try an say it 3 times real fast...
    include the word not, and it could end up being a volta... it is already in iambic pentameter.

and to top it all off, a quipp

Elmer would be p-p-p-pwouwd... even shakers would approve :thumbup:

Heya Harry

Not sure if this is what you are looking for...

https://reverb.com/item/127376…M3D64SxxcoCFQaJaQodnJ0AGw

This is a switching, or shorting guitar cable. When you click the switch there is no signal between any guitar / kpa etc.
    ppl use these to change instruments without having to change any volume to avoid noise.

I have used them on tube amps with no issues, and pretty sure with the kpa... but cant test it atm for some reason that cable has vanished,

there are 2 kinds of these cables, the link i put up is for a straight cable since there is a fender in your avatar.
    they also come in 90 degree angles, which are more comfortable for playing lesters whel siting on a couch etc...
    they are a bit expensive, but solid and heavy cable, jacks even more sturdy, stores here give a lifetime warranty... the
    only problem i found is the angled one is a bit heavy, and tends to fall out of the jack of my custom black beauty and it's not
    the jack since it has no issues with other cables... an annoyance on a sofa, worse if you play live lol...i dont know if others are like this,
    but if you get either, make sure you test them out first.

also, if anyone is interested, it can also work as a makeshift kill switch if you toggle it a certain way, but if you use those you would not be too
    impressed with this.

lol right on.. happy new plug day ;)

lol, think i got this mixed up...

I meant to refer to the time between settings in the morph update, when you press a button it takes x time to go from original to what you morphed it to, and another setting that returns the settings to normal...

thanks for letting me know Viabcroce & Don.

the video I watched about this was in german, but you could see the parameter on the screen... could have been rise for the first , i didn't see the second one, i'll have to go back an watch it again... cool stuff planned to anyway...

so that lead me to wonder how long this new morph feature has been around, an being a bit silly

sorry for the confusion--it was all mine ?(

at least it looks like it caused some laughs :)

Anyone that's seen the morphing setup: can you set the morph time in beats/measures?

That's an interesting thought. someone said it can be controlled via midi, so that might be one method, but i'm guessing a tap feature would not be that hard to implement. It looks like you can sort of toggle it with a foot switch now, so set rise and fade time to zero, and tap it out while playing. not ideal, but would be better than nothing if you needed it for something. Once this gets out into the wild, more ideas like this will pop up and ppl will start to use it in all sorts of ways. Or not, impossible to predict such things 100%. But with the amount of ppl already interested in whats on the menu, and looking at Kemper's history of not releasing gimmicky things, it is far more likely that it will be used in some really new and interesting ways.

There does seem to be a bit of a wide array of opinions on whats coming out lately. In a way this is a good thing because it shows the diversity of the KPA and the ppl that use them, from jazz cats to metal heads. This should not be a cause for argument, or concern, it is a very good thing.

I think some of the comments that are pointed or favor one thing over another can sometimes be unproductive, even limiting, such as old is better than new, or the other way around.

There are artists, musicians, and critics, all of various quality, those 3 are not the same, but a person can be 1 or all 3. To limit your own point of view to what is useful or not etc. is limiting yourself. You may not be interested in something, but you should be able to understand and appreciate art in any genre or form. This will only make you a better artist... was reading some very interesting thoughts in Kempermainaics thread about modes, and some good comments from Nikos about scales, their emotions and students. He mentioned that some of them could play well solo, or technically, but were underdeveloped when it comes to jamming etc. Why is this? Because they are under developed as artists. Music is art, and all art is the same in some basic ways, regardless of the medium. Both are very old. The best musicians are always artists and critics also. Simply put, artists create, new or even a different statement on something old, proper critics (not the payola/ratty journalist review kind) look to what is done how, why, how it works. Objectivity is needed here, especially when it comes to unfamiliar or uninteresting things. Instead of looking at something as not useful etc. a better way would be to ask a question like what's in it for me? Doing this gives the ability to take more ideas, and gives more material for creativity, something that can only be learned, not taught. Ideas are not limited to genres, and genres are only generalizations to describe something in a vague sense, because there will always be people that push and redefine them. A death metal worship band? why not? Call them memento mori, lately a popular term, from a very obscure place.

All the gear in the world won't help either, you can write an epic work of art with a free pen from a hotel, and some napkins from mcdonald's.
    However music is different, since the tools used to make it are also works of art, especially the better ones that take a lot of skill to create. But being snobbish about gear, like gibsons own/suck as a guitarist example, or which standalone ad/da's are the best in the pro audio field can also be limiting. Great art has been done with bad gear to be sure, but decent gear is essential from day 1 to learn music well. And for day 1 guitar, I think C maj is not as bad as Nikos thinks. High E, F, G, A, B, to C .. From here you can play 2 complete C scales from high to low E. All within 4 frets, teaching hand placement, proper fretting, a delicate touch, and avoiding sharps or flats, use that to focus on metronome and basic picking, down down, then up down. The idea is not too much at once. But everyone learns differently, some by reading, others by hearing, or touch, infants by taste, and Hendrix played some licks with his tongue...makes me wonder...

What is happening with the KPA and various debates right now makes me think of a very clever quipp titled : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Medium_Is_the_Massage

The wiki is a decent summary of the general concepts that describe and predicted some complex things happening that help clarify art in our age. An oversimplified statement from there reads :

"By playing on words and utilizing the term "massage," McLuhan is suggesting that modern audiences have found current media to be soothing, enjoyable, and relaxing; however, the pleasure we find in new media is deceiving, as the changes between society and technology are incongruent and are perpetuating an Age of Anxiety."

This relates to what is happening here, and many other places, along with something predicted as the global village, a worldwide product, with folks from very different places with different ideas. A lot of ideas are exchanged here, and there is some worthwhile debate on them. I don't see argument or anxiety as a very big deal, and there is not that much of it
    here anyway. This place has that rare vibe of something new is happening, which for me is cool to watch, for some it may be an uneasy feeling. Different tastes? Who knows? The wiki link is worth reading, McLuhan was a genius.

It should however go into more detail of The Medium is the Massage: An Inventory of Effects, (not just delays or verbs ;) which is a picture book as a response to criticisms of his ideas being hard to comprehend. The most relevant parts of it to this are a series of statements that follow a path, the wheel being an extension of the foot, the book an extension of the eye, electrical circuitry an extension of the central nervous system.

That last one... ever hear ppl talk about how an amp feels when playing it?

If the last statement is true, it would follow that software is an extension of the mind, a relatively new and not fully understood media...

What I am still wondering is if this means the KPA is "morphing" into an instrument or work of art in its own right? I am curious to see what ppl think of this idea, because to look at it as a digital tool, or an automation system is too simple and incomplete...it has a feel, and increasingly interacts with the player...

here is a link to the book, it is a cool read:

https://godsaveprint.files.wor…hemediumisthemassage2.pdf

(and mankey mon, if you are reading this.. not sure if you use them, but there is a part about clothing being an extension of the skin--and yes McLuhan included a set of tatas--just for you ;)

This strat looks better in person, a very nice gold with flecks in it. A great AM Strat at a good price. Very hard to pass up IMO.

tyvm for the info Drog, saw some pix an a utube demo earlier, so got my interest, and reviews seem generally good, one person didn't like the color, and you know how those things can go. it's much better to get info in a place like this. I tried finding some pix to post here, but the decent ones I saw b4 are gone. It does change a bit with what kind of light is used.

Most likely going to check one out this week, and a/b it with a very plain standard to see. a reg is ~1800$ here... these are floating from 1300 to 1700, depending, so good deals to be had. I'm guessing that they would not do a sub par build for a 60th anni edition, that and if they had better online pix they probably would have sold faster. Also gonna look up those custom pup's to see what they are all about. Goldtop strat is kinda cool too. saw a pic of an aged in aztec, it gets darker, mebbe it was the light, but looked nice--could always take it to a tanning booth to get it to age faster--bet that would get some very odd reactions, ppl would talk ;)

Joking aside, I might also have a chance to try a few of em, but I'm hearing they are pretty consistent as far as build goes. If it's anything like a regular AM, and 1300 or better, then defo a good deal, especially if its a keeper.. Also heard some talk about strat or fender prices going up, possibly here iirc... so need to look into that, and lock in. haven't played a strat in months, since i don't have one atm, but always liked em.. hopefully can find a keeper, but that is always a rare thing too... and usually has nothing to do with cost, but it is better if it doesn't hurt too much ...

Also wow Guitartone.. 2400 for that Tokai? That's nuts, not surprised it sold. Someone is gonna have a kick ass NGD there and a huge grin. Those pics were just shameless guitar porn. With that finish it makes you think one of the volume knobs can control the temperature of the sun :) looks like it also has a great carve to it, and specs are hard to beat. If those are the kind of axes you sell regularly, you must have quite a rep for getting the nice ones.

But as Don put it, why limit the DIGITAL realm's ability to go stratospherically beyond what the old analog has been delivering for traditional amps? If the sky is the limit, the Kemper Team is putting oysters in the air. Enjoy... or Ignore. Not like we don't have choices.

This is what still has me thinking, and what I like about Kgmhb the most. Things I have not imagined, keep showing up. Sure things like pure cab, 120% more realerer don't take much to think up. To be fair, KPA was originally presented as all your amps, anytime, anywhere etc.. and it still is... this is what caused so much interest. It converted many a geranium hating, big muff not for me tube aficionados to profiling by sound alone (not processors).
    So if the tubes are already sorted, why not go on to more things... Oysters in the air indeed... One of the best dates you can go on is for oysters, cuz you know anyone not too squeamish to eat one of those--good things will follow--they have a rep as an aphrodisiac for a reason. Great metaphor btw, i like it :)

Finally, albeit more powerful digital Whizzer! (Neil Young's amp knob controller)

I used to wonder how he got those tones, and it could not have been just the bigsby :)

Morphing is the 2016 way to do it.
    Assigning CC's is 20th century.

money for nothin'
    and your cc's for free ;)

Gah fade time... once again The Don ;) (Puzo would have never wrote up a Don P.) never looked back? how long have you had this lol? and here us chumps gotta wait, Not Available, Mebbe March, tho feb not so bad. How did you get your hands on it so early? You part of the mob? Work for kemper or something ;)

Can't wait to get hands on these. Delay is a good term... but i'm guessing it will cause many delays as people get lost playing around with em... hope a warning label pre beta version gets released sooner, ie use at your own risk, backup mandatory.. and reset if needed for those who are exceptionally curious...

LOL! Damian

Good point, someone mentioned a sense of entitlement, but I think spoiled rotten would be more accurate.
    But sometimes it is good to be spoiled. I know I am spoiled here, not ashamed to admit it and loving every second :)

Funny that you have an emotional baby there. There is an old saying, that is also used by programmers when they are on a project where more people etc. will not really help. It goes something like you can't get 3 women to have one baby in 3 months. Certain things just take time. I think it is a very good quality in the Kteam that they wait until something is done very well, if not best in the world to release, instead of rushing flawed work out the door. Most "fully grown men" wont complain about this, and a few malcontents kind of look silly. Breaking news: internet forums have trolls and other kinds of bozos. Just have a laugh and move on. LOL throwing toys out of the crib PER... that continues Damian's fine work... If you ever see a bummer or downer post from some troll, click this link and read this funny stuff--it will also give some good perspective on the nature of internet reviews, posts, trolling etc. click this link: http://www.amazon.com/The-Moun…roduct-reviews/B002HJ377A it has changed since I first saw it with over 2000 reviews long ago. Warning: it can be a bit addictive, and will have all kinds of humour, people are now calling it a meme, so I am guessing it's not new here, but for those who ave not seen it, its worth a look imho. You will probably never take a troll, whiner, misanthrope seriously again... I garrontee it!

I was going to say something else about how KPA develops and releases things earlier, but forgot this part... in relation to Kemper being a very well run IP company.

I don't think it is marketing hype that causes them to be very careful about what info they release. More like the possibility or danger of IP theft, which is rampant these days, but probably the most in music. The entire music industry as we know it is based on one of the largest IP thefts in history--the radio. Tesla was the talent, Marconi thief and leech. Tesla died alone and poor, Marconi created a media empire. US congress passed an Act declaring Tesla as the true inventor of the radio. Another more recent example would be the Floyd Rose. A decent patent costs ~$20k to have filed by a good law firm, and is a worthless liability without a legal plan, and a few million dollars set aside to enforce it in court. The common paint roller was stolen this was, since it became known the inventor could not afford to litigate. Sorry if this sounds negative, but it is a grim reality. The term profiling seems to have been used repeatedly, in a sketchy manner during that anderton's helix infomercial. granted it was poorly done--always something weird about using your hands on a foot controller, and when they started doing that tap dance, changing settings with their hands, it kind of made the helix look like an electronic board game for dorks. I'm sure the language was not lost on Kemper Gmhb, and they moved on, doing bigger, better things, and as we are seeing once again, kicking ass and taking names the right way--by making a better product. To do this, and keep your IP, you need to follow some complex regulations, and that is my guess why public announcements need to be very carefully handled.

Also the release strategy is very well done. Instead of hype about new processor powers and such untrue drama--moore's law ended years ago-- and proc's are looking to reduce heat, add cores, because there is no current tech answer to the ~10nm s/n problems with IC components. Saying newer shiny proc makes ppl feel informed, but is not exactly true in many cases... like watts rating volume of speakers etc. It is also ridiculous to look at saving micro seconds or even milliseconds via processors, then spending hours setting parameters on them.

Kemper is unique insofar as they planned ahead, and decided not to sell substandard devices with an eye to sell proper ones later. Instead they have their revenue from a growing user base, and as more features are added, and the value of the unit goes up, so will the price. If a strobe tuner is implemented, and it saves you $200 you cant complain that a kpa costs $100 more now. Most sensible ppl would consider $3-400 more as a fair price just for the convenience of not needing to lug another item around--an effect that has often been discussed here.

My guess is Kemper will raise prices of new units as more development happens, early adopters luck out and get rewarded, a great product just gets better, and keeps its value, and a great development team is well paid for doing world class work. It is a win / win for everyone. If I was looking to get another one, I would think sooner than later would be a good idea especially when things like delay an reverb, and morph, and who knows what else to come show their true colors and start to shine. The atmosphere here is very collaborative, with ideas from novice musicians, to very expert seasoned pros, all discussing ideas, with a very creative and capable company watching closely implementing solutions in a way that is very elegant, efficient, and most importantly, not focusing on hyperbole of how well a processor can do a given task, but instead how well the device as a whole works for all kinds of people. If you want to spend hours tweaking, and tinkering, standalone, daw etc. you can. If you want to just dial in a tone and play you can... wait... the KPA will now turn the knobs for you with the flick of a switch. ppl use vol knobs on gits while playing all the time, not so much on amps. It will be really interesting to see what kind of new tones and ideas come out of this, impossible to really predict, it's so broad and far reaching....

Back in the day there was no fx loop, and we LIKED it, harumph... we had to carry 8x12 stacks to gigs uphill BOTH ways, and a PA was what the school principle used to yell at everyone ;)

Great and interesting times to be a guitarist, or any musician, since it is becoming more accessible every year, and that will only bring more good things in the long run.