Posts by V8guitar

My remote bug....

As no one else has seen this, I think it must be a dodgy cable....strange thing is, stomps appeared on one profile in browse, which happened to be a profile I added the new KD to...

Anyway, I'll upgrade to next beta ( in case its a corruption) and get a new cable to resolve.

Well chuffed with the cable - it came with the kemper 6 years ago and I've used it live on hundreds of gigs with no issues!!

I think he only started using the KPA on the last world tour.

I saw him in Cologne in May of 2019 before it was announced that he used the KPA. I could have sworn there were tube amps out of sight, mic'ed up backstage somewhere. I'm ashamed to admit that I only started taking the KPA seriously after that, but it was the perfect blind test for me. Now 1,5 years later I cannot imagine a life without the KPA.

To me its now the ultimate put down...." digital never sounds as good as valve amps...well they are good enough for Mr K, so they are good enough for me" :)

I "learnt" to play the guitar ( well at least the moves and faces) miming to the solo of "Tunnel of Love"...I think its up there with Hotel California...

I held off making the same comment myself....

No idea why its become a tit for tat but can we quash it? This forum has been so positive and the drives are a big step forward.

I don;t think anyone is being deliberately evasive or destructive, just describing observed behaviours under certain conditions.

If these conditions are deemed " not normal" or expected/designed in, then state why. I'm not clear if its reproducable or not - this would determine if a bug exists.

If I did reamping then I would try, but I don;t so can;t help/comment.

I've found my first bug!!

So I loaded the beta, and totally forgot I had a gig, so went with it....set my gear up, plugged in my remote and....no stomps in performance mode.

Checked the cable, all fine and stomps showed up in browse mode but in performance, no stomps showing on the remote. The stomps were working on my KPA and working but just not showing on my remote. I quickly noticed they did work on one profile I had the new OD's on but all the others they were not there ( hence I know its not a cable issue).

Luckily I don;t really use stomps during a gig so no issue...

DonPetersen is this the right place to post this? If not please move..

Slowly I get the grip on how the drive works.I still need a shaper to get there where I want in some cases.It is all about this "attack" thing for me..tube overdrive is just more responsive and "direct".In my ears.

Anyway..

I guess OD pedals for me will always remain "cheap distortion" and a thing of the early 80s.I can't change this.

I have always felt this but, dare I say, these drives might change my mind. I quite like the Klon 3 preset....regardless, its great that the drives have been updated!!

I have no idea what you are on about, you lost me after "be that as it may", but I believe you and will fight anyone that disagrees :)

... not my latest guitar ... it's 1994 build, but a favorite - my beloved Greeny <3

The problem with Tele's is that the single coils aren't powerful enough...tick, that they don't have a trem...tick....the maple necks are a bit bland...tick...they don;t come in funky translucent colours...tick....and if only they had gold hardware...tick.

This guitar is near perfect!! Love it dude!!!!

I think you are right...the answer for that is in the presets.

Yes not a Klon Clone as a stomp but a preset of a sweet spot of a Klon is pretty good, with the advantage to tweak outside of the Klon options..

I'm beta chicken, probably because I don't know enough to sort things out if they went south.

I have to say thank you to the Kemper team (and all you crazy beta dudes) though.

Sorry not much help with the new drive discussion here lol

In my experience, I've had very little issue with major crashes on beta, more that some functions break etc. which are then resolved.

If you do a backup then total worse case scenario is that you have to do a full reset and load your backup. I haven;t got any gigs now so hence I think its worth the risk ( if that helps).

When you hear a tone like Jake E lee "rock and roll rebel" or VH "Beautiful girls" they have a lot of crispy top to them. Eric Johnson or Bonamossa tones not so much. I think the Mbritt ones sound great but a bit muffled compared to some TJ ones I have. I'll bet they do sound great through a live P.A with big horns. IMO the biggest difference comes from the cabs. If I play the TJ ones into a regular guitar cab, they are not strident at all and to me sound like a "regular amp" would that I would mic at a show. I can get both in the ballpark of each other with the treble presence knobs although it's easier to "cut" the TJ ones than it is to get some of the Mbritt ones snappy but I am pretty new and haven't tried any of his paid stuff. As I had mentioned before I wish I could just get a few amps rather than a whole pack of things that I won't use.

Go try the free EVH one....I like it :)

Interestingly Jake always said he didn't like his sound during that time and I agree it was much thinner than when he played in Badlands ( big Jake fan here BTW).

Again, no one is knocking the TJ profiles, but this has made me rethink the MBritt ones I have. Things defo change at volume.

people seem to love treble & presence…

When I hear people complain about Michael Britt profiles, immediately I suspect that they don’t play live through a nice loud PA because if they did they would find Michaels profiles to be very fitting with the volume up.;) - in my opinion.

But I guess, it’s all subjective to the way we want to hear things in our ears.

I think this is why this post has been great for me. I need to revisit these profiles at volume :)

I'm just wondering why the P.A. system can't reproduce sounds in a mix just like a recording. I mean a recording has bass,drums,keys etc. and so does a live band. I would think if a guitar profile sounded good, it would sound good.

Having the KPA has taught me so much more about sound engineering....you would think this is true but how your ears respond to volume, sound pressure etc is different ( someone will mentioned fletcher-muchen whatsit soon)...

Also don;t forget, its about bias....its not dramatically different.