Posts by Totter

Thanks a lot - but am I wrong if I think it´s not that fine to get a profile "cool sounding" by blocking 2(!) stomps with add. EQs? Hmmm....

Ach ja...leider muss ich via Headphone spielen...zum Sounds checken klappt das auch hervorragend aber laut ohne HP geht leider auf grund des seeehr jungen Nachwuchses nicht ;)
    Im Moment gehts aber eh nur um Sounds für die Produktion, das klappt so eigentlich ganz gut mit dem AudioTechnica ATH50 (glaube der heisst so)
    Sobald es auf die Bühne geht, werde ich die Sounds wohl im Studio an den Monitoren basteln...muss ich mich gerade leider mit abfinden..eine heiden Spaß macht es trotzden ;)

Also es macht tasächlich keine Sinn, die Sounds mit Cabs einzustellen und dann die eigene 4x12 zu nutzen gut, für die Bühne als monitoring ok- aber es wird immer anders klingen...ich würde an deiner Stelle deine 4x12 profilen- denn meine Erfahrungen an 4x12er sagen mir auf jeden Fall: Die klingt nie gleich...bewege dich 10cm nach rechts, oder nach vorne etc und das subjektive Klangerleben deines Sounds verändert sich total. Ich glaube- bzw. bin mir völlig sicher, dass du so nie einen Sound fürs FOH hinbekommst, der den Möglichkeiten des Kempers entspricht und richtg gut klingt....Vertrau den Cabs ;)

Hi Christopher,das hier ist echt interessant. Alles ist mit der gleichen Lautstärke aufgenommen. Kein Tricks oder Gimmicks im Cube. Ich finde die 4 an sich auch nicht schlecht, mir ist der DS nur zu scharf. Da geh ich lieber im Gain vom Profile rauf und bleib beim Leadbooster. Ich finde die Gain Stomps (außer den Screamer für bluesy Sachen) eh nicht toll. Da finde ich Amp Packs mit verschiedenen Gainstufen oder auch mit Stomp davor geprofiled wesentlich besser.

Aber so ein Friedman hat schon was, oder? Erstaunlich das wir beiden alten Boogie Fans da drauf anspringen.

Gruß
    Frank

Ich nutze von in Kemper- Zerrern auch meist keinen, höchstens den pure Boost nach der Ampsektion um Leadsounds volumenmäßig zu boosten...ich habe einen Overdrive von DS- Customs, der ist mit einer Einstellung fest im Rack verschraubt und im Loop des Kempers auf Position C gelockt...der gibt mir extra Schub, Sustain und etwas biss für leadsounds bzw. um Cleane Sachen anzupusten. Fahre ich superb mit.

Mein Favourit ist ebenfalls Part1...danach die 4...2 klingt in meinen Ohren im Verhältnis recht platt und saftlos...3 für sich ok, stinkt aber alleine gegen die 4 schon ab.
    Übrigens sei erwähnt, dass ich die Alayon- Profiles seeeehr gut veranlagt finde! Habe da in einem eines meiner lieblingsprofiles gefunden.
    Für mich ist es in der Regel meist so:
    Ich lade mir alle neuen Profiles, die mich interessieren in meinen "Testmix- Ordner2 in den RM und checke zu Beginn meiner Session die Profiles an- gefällt mir der erste Eindruck eines Profiles mache ich mir nen Backingtrack der dazu passen könnte an und dudel mal was... gibt es mir dann immer noch was, dann bleibt es und wird vielleicht noch etwas getweakt und als Favourit gespeichert...- gefällt es mir nicht, wechsel ich maximal noch die Box gegen 3-4 meiner LieblingsCabs- reisst es mich dann nicht vom Hocker kommts direkt wech...dann wird auch nix mehr getweakt. Damit fahre ich ganz gut- zwar weiß ich nicht ob ich schon megasounds verpasst habe- dafür spiele ich vielmehr als zu tweaken...

They sound great with of course my favorite cabs from tonehammer. Tonehammers stuff literally works with anything, just fantastically micd cabinets all in merged format. Multiple Mesa cabs with different Mic positions/combos, marshalls, engl and other cabs, as well as a great greenback loaded cab with multiple mic positions. I believe I saved this profile with one of tonehammers greenback loaded cabinets personally.

where can I get these tonehammer cabs?

I like this !! Sounds pretty cool :thumbup: Thanks Alessandro :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

total finger and tonecontrol...so dammn - smoothed - played!!!

So everyone- the gig is done and it was superb- sounding.
    Finally I used Dorrus fishman performer- sounded quite perfect.
    And I also found Morphing so useful to blend between a more rythm- focused sound an do boost it with a bit of delay, Reverb so on...
    so thanx a lot everyone- this fprum is such a great community of nice people with so much knowledge!
    I´m so glad to be here!!

Hi @Totter - you have to download CabMaker utility for Windows or MAC - this tool allows you to convert IR files to Kemper's *.kipr cabinets.

Tried it out- but the cabmaker doesn´t transform the IRs into a kemper usable data:
    I open CABmaker, klick a IR- data and open the folder it should be saved to...an then I´m told:
    "1 file cannot be imported. 44.1kHz sampling rate with either 16 or 24 bits are required."

Where I my mistake/ what do I have to do to get this thing working?

WOW- I am impressed by your response ;)
    I will check the IRs, I think and also have a look at your ( @breu) chandler...
    @Sharry - I found a lot of cool rig in RE...recorded a quick tune and checked them all via headphones...so my 3 favourites at the moment are:
    fishman performer fromDorrus
    Paults clean fender from Eltzejupps NewDelays
    Fishman Loudbox by Navdeep_Singh

Have to check the all with a PA...But One of these (or the IRs / chandler) will be my go to sound ;)
    So...half way gone...thanks a lot to you all...I´m sure- further questions will follow ;)

I'd recommend loading some free acoustic IRs to use instead of a clean amp. I recently started playing around with acoustic IRs and was able to get great recorded sounds with my Taylor GS Mini pickup through an IR.

Here are some free ones to check out:

https://drive.google.com/file/…vH3j1ZkVoTFJLQ241WTg/view
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2q…Et-UVeLAhuvV4YwMY7Wa?dl=0

sounds quiete interesting- but I never did anything with IRs...what do I have to do to check this out?

Thanks for your quick answers...as I mentioned, Cabs will be off, of course ;)
    I searched through RM and found a lot...But I don´t have the time right now to check them via PA...so I´ll test them via Headphones first...
    Any suggestion of how to dial in a "basic" compressor?

Hey everybody,
    I am going to play an acoustic- set in the future and so I am thinking about "pimping" my dry acoustic sound by using the kemper.....
    but first, I have a few question that maybe someone can answer...
    1. Do I have to use a DI- Box for that?
    2. I know, it depends on personal taste but how would you configurate a profile?
    for example:
    --> front of amp: Guitar --> EQ --> comp --> chorus (clean amp without cab) --> pureboost (for solos) --> Delay --> reverb?
    Any suggestions? Any Profiles?
    The gig is on December 2nd and we have a lot to reahearse - so there´s is not that much time for tweaking and walking through 1000 profiles...I´m looking for "the out of the box - thing"

Would be raelly graet If someone helps me!
    Thanks a lot so far...

Yes! Kudos to Paul, Gerald, R.U.S., Tim Owens, Jevo, Maurizio, Thumas, Haysie, Dan (MentaL) and all the other "big" contributors and tweakers. We'd be nowhere without those guys!

Good luck with that one, brother! :D

Someone has to break the rule first- so I do:
    Thnx, Frank for all your work, patience and -the most - for your time- ´caus that´s really the biggest thing you give to us...like many others of course!!! ;)