Posts by nEVH5150

Yes, they're a bit on the expensive side. But, like I said, I have had the other three pedals for a number of years, so I knew that there were certain things that I wanted, only in a more compact format that I could just stash in the back of the rack (I use H9 Control with my iPad to configure everything, so the H9 is tucked away out of sight).

Ah yeah, all about down-sizing these days.... Think everyone seems to be, haha! Well that was a smart move to make if you had those other 3 pedals -- it is a great unit, just think the price is a little steep.

That's exactly what I'd be doing with it as that was one of the main reasons for me opting to try it - wish more units incorporated bluetooth / ipad apps considering the technology is there and useful! Don't suppose you have any sweet presets you could share to show me how the H9 can really shine ...?

Cheers!

I think it takes it to another level because it can do stuff that the KPA can't (at least not yet). I'm a long-time owner of a Timefactor, a Modfactor, and a SPACE, so finding my way around the parameters on the H9 was easy. For many things the effects in the KPA are perfectly fine, but there are certain things where the H9 fills in the gaps (spring reverb and expression pedal control of any parameter I want are the two big ones).

That's cool, glad it works for you....

I'm not sure I'm going to hold on to it, given the price; I don't see it as justified... Sure, it's got some nice sounding stuff on it - but not a lot that the Kemper can't already do....!

Plus hoping Kemper step up the FX game at some point !! (Next OS fingers crossssssssed......!)

I should also add that, for the H9, if that's the only device you wish to use in a loop, I'd run it in mono instead. This way, you can place the effect in a loop both pre-stack or post-stack, depending on the rig/performance slot. You can then fire up the H9's harmonizer in stomp A on one performance slot, and delay on X on a separate slot. Harmonizers, overdrives, etc. will function better before the amp (and the harmonizer will function best before anything else), but delays and reverbs (which there are some really great ones on there) will perform equally well (but slightly better) post-amp.

That said, I have a Timeline and a BigSky in my FX loop, which I run in stereo, and they sound tremendous. But I have to run them as stereo post-amp at this point, because putting them in a mono loop would actually only give me half the signal now.

Good calls; but you could just leave the stereo routing (cables) plugged in and then select for whatever performance slot: Loop Mono / Stereo depending on whether you want to use it pre / post -stack (mono or stereo) and the routing is there ready & waiting then; then the Stereo World is your oyster !! ;)

Yes, you can run in stereo to the main outs. But, If your main send and your monitor send are both mono, a mono loop will do.

Utilising the h9 in my home setup currently so got it all on the go... :D (guitar cab + studio monitors) and gotta say when I un-muted the studio monitors the difference was apparent!! Shame the Kemper couldn't deliver a stereo signal to 2 guitar cabinets on-stage without the need for further external gear! ....just a shame (as it already does so much for me!! :) haha)

Awesome! Done, thanks!

What use is it having external gear running stereo returns to the Return & Alt. In though if it's just going to a single guitar cabinet via single speaker cable ?

Or is it solely for if you're using the Main Outs where it will only discern this stereo field ?

Cheers!

Monitor out is your friend, dude, unless you want to run stereo on stage (and I really don't understand that, but ho hum).

I like options :D

Probably gonna pick up a DXR10 so that's the monitor out taken... Would like the 3rd party power amp to run stereo so would need both TS main outs to that... I believe you can use the XLR main outs simultaneously though! So should be all good.... Just complex singal-levels matching

Who else thinks the Kemper should have a 'Vegas mode' lights display option with the next FW update :D would look absolutely epic on a stage now and again ! :thumbup: hahaha

Hey man :) thanks for the response!

I see 'Loop Stereo' - but what connections would need to be made ?! (I'm running TS cables to / from the H9 from / into the send return of the Kemper...... and I don't believe it accepts TRS plugs ??)

Where is this menu for MIDI programming on the performance slots ? (I see the main MIDI menu in 'System' but don't know how to program from a specific slot....)

Thanks in advance!

Hi all.

Just trying an Eventide H9 Max out within the Kemper FX loop to see if it's worth the investment! So far there's not much that I can see that it would add to the Kemper aside from a few certain soundscapes / FX but still giving it a thorough (as possible) run-through whilst I have it....

I've got it in the FX loop and have a clean profile and a slightly dirty profile (that I just turn the Gain up from the clean to get a gritty tone) and the 'Loop Mono' in blocks D and X (only one is on at a time as is possible...) and I flick between them whilst demo'ing FX from the H9.

I'm running SPDIF from the Kemper to my Mackie HR624mkii studio monitors to get an accurate assessment as possible within my disposable gear (rather than assessing it through a guitar cabinet...)

Just wondering if this is the correct way to connect the H9 in the loop and if there are any parameters I need to consider - also is there a way to run it in stereo ?!

Lastly, how do I send MIDI PC's / CC's from the Kemper out to the H9 to change the FX preset etc.

Thanks for the assistance!

Not at all, it'll just be like using a regular amp, though, with all the pitfalls that come with it. It's happened to me more than once that the sound guy wanted to throw a mic on my cab. An XLR from the main out(s) will ensure that the sound out front is as good as you're used to getting, while the guitar cab connected to the monitor out (either the powered output if you have a powered profiler or via a poweramp) will give you a familiar tone on stage.

If using a 3rd party power amp this utilises both the Main Outs of the KPA, correct? (I have the powered rack so don't know...) Would you be able to feed FOH as well as this 3rd party power amp (as the Main Outs will be in use for the power amp...?!)

Unless; could you use the TS sockets to feed the poweramp AND SIMULTANEOUSLY the XLR sockets to feed FOH ??

Anybody else had this issue?!

I just changed 'MOD' block from a wah to loop mono on a performance slot I was messing around with and it has stuck after a full re-boot even though I hadn't gone through the save process of storing?!

The 'LOCK' button is lit as well as 'ON/OFF' and I don't seem to be able to de-activate either for whatever reason but weirdly pressing + holding 'MOD' doesn't show any padlock symbols associated with the lock feature :/ bit worried and frustrated the slot decided to overwrite itself without my permission!

Use a stereo to 'Y' TS / TS (1/4" cable) to return to the 2 appropriate Kemper inputs...

Ensure you don't have a certain EQ enabled on the playback device and check the plug is firmly in the socket (I was missing low-end from my phone when I realised the plug was not firmly in as the case was blocking such a connection!)

Just a couple ideas !

Love the Kemper as it is. But wouldn't mind dual profiles simultaneously for live playing and improved FX (hoping this comes soon!) also another iteration of the remote with scribble strips and assignable buttons would get me to pull my wallet out again, the current remote is great and all with integration but I feel there could be other versions !