Posts by nEVH5150

Hi all,

Does anyone know what 1x12 guitar cabinetry can be used with the Kemper power rack speaker output?

(Obviously has to be 8 or 16ohm : but what about wattage?! 600w at 8ohm, 300w at 16ohm is a lot, no?!)

Reason I ask is I'm considering picking up an EVH 112 (16ohm Celestion G12h anniversary speaker at 30w rating)

.... Would be nice if I could use it with the Kemper....!

Any good or no?!

Thanks in advance :)

Does anyone know what 1x12 guitar cabinetry can be used with the Kemper power rack speaker output?

(Obviously has to be 8 or 16ohm : but what about wattage?! 600w at 8ohm, 300w at 16ohm is a lot, no?!)

Reason I ask is I'm considering picking up an EVH 112 (16ohm Celestion G12h anniversary speaker at 30w rating) .... Would be nice if I could use it with the Kemper....! Any good or no?!

Ok so "initialisng" the pedal with the soft button didn't seem to make any difference at last rehearsal ....! Is anyone able to help with the above? I'm not ready to upgrade my FW just yet and need to know whether I'd be better off with an FS-5U or FS-6 !

Thanks in advance....

Can I ask, does anyone here have experience with the latest FW and momentary (non-latching) switches such as the BOSS FS-5U or FS-6 connected to the profiler REMOTE yet...?

I need to know if I could for example, assign reverb and delay to the FS-5U so that when I press down on it the reverb and delay effects are engaged and when released they stop (tail off...) furthermore what kind of cable is required (TRS to TRS / TS to TS)

or would you need an FS-6 to assign delay to one f/s and reverb to the other (both set to non-latching on the BOSS pedal)

of course, this is how 'tone-matching' is done - an isolated guitar track is the basis for this.
    I was fully aware of this when I made my post. :)

I'm not inexperienced in tone-matching, just not a fan 99.9% of it.
    most people treat it as an automatic process and don't use their ears/good judgement enough,
    these results always fail to impress.

I gathered! All your posts I've come across seem to be intelligible backed up with sound knowledge... I merely thought I'd reiterate as you'd mentioned the guitar tracks in a mixed 'state' ie. With vox / drums etc. etc. but you did put "IMO" anyway :)

Sorry guys, was typing this in a rush last night as wanted to get to sleep but remembered I needed to post about it also! So appreciate the replies but here's more in-depth detail about the situation...

The iPad was cranked (full vol...) yes...

I did know that I could adjust the individual rig volume cheers but I have 12 songs with 5 different performance slots for each song and wasn't about to go adjusting + storing each slot 60 times and then setting them back to (normal) where they need to be! Thanks for the thought though

I was using the headphone out yes, but this is kinda all that's available (at least that I can be bothered to take to rehearsals!) as i don't wanna take my interface with me, haha! Appreciate the knowledge though

Any other thoughts / ideas with this new information chaps?

Cheers!

The OP does mention isolated guitar tracks to be fair....

But they will still be processed/treated guitars in some way more often than not, eg. EQ

You can assign more than one but contrary to the Remote it's not freely assignable. Look up the menu to see what conbinations are available.

Thanks for the headsup! I'm just looking at System page 5/12 at the moment on the (previous) firmware still (will upgrade soon...) and the pedal options are actually pretty limited!

Currently, I have my Mission exp pedal in PEDAL 4 and my Ernie Ball Volume Pedal in PEDAL 3 - purely because the length and shape of the cables connecting them work well this way! Now, I never bothered assigning them, as when I plugged them in and started playing they worked as I intended (aside from the issue of the VP acting strangely - perhaps needs calibrating) but looking at this page 5/12 it says PEDAL 3 is volume (fine) but PEDAL 4 is wahwah (and there isn't an option for EXP like there is on page 6/12 with PEDAL 1 or PEDAL 2....)

Moreover, I just pressed the soft button above PEDAL 3 Init and it went from a dark blank to un-blanked -- what does this mean ? That I have initialised the pedal (perhaps this was the issue rather than calibration?)

Don't know why I hadn't thought of that before, even when reading this thread hahaha.... Only issue is the one mentioned by the OP with the cab sim.....

Hopefully it will get attention from Kemper at some point !

Just thinking..... Can the 1/4" MAIN OUTS be used at the same time as the XLR MAIN OUTS ?

If so, you could send one set to a 3rd party power amp and the other to FOH.....