Posts by nEVH5150

So I've tried emailing Focustrite directly and watching a couple different YouTube videos and tried doing things my own way...! I just want to ensure I'm doing things right (efficiently and accurately!)

As the title suggests I'm reamping via SPDIF using the Kemper, my Focusrite 18i20 interface (with horrible MixControl software) to Logic Pro X...

I've got the Kemper setup fine (SPDIF reamp set as input source and the appropriate connections in/out to the 18i20 made...) I started checking YouTube videos to see about the routing as MixControl software is IMO, awkward.) I just need to check I'm sending / receiving the appropriate signal(s) so does anyone else have experience with this software / setup ? Focusrite emails don't appear to be helping!

Currently, I've got my DI guitar stem up in Logic Pro X and I'm sending that to a Bus 11.

I then have bus 11 set to output to DAW 11 & 12 and then in the MixControl software I've set DAW 11 & 12 to output to SPDIF 1 & 2 respectively (18i20 uses 2 channels of SPDIF apparently...)

From previous experience I know that I can use input 10 to record via SPDIF to my DAW; so I've record enabled input 10 on the DAW and get my reamped signal back from the Kemper - this is where Focusrite emails began confusing me, as apparently the DAW channels don't match up - even though I'm getting sound and clearly my reamped signal back to record in my DAW -- only problem is will I be missing some information ? (As I'm sending BUS 11 to 2 DAW outputs (11 & 12) through 2 SPDIF channels (1 & 2 respectively) BUT ONLY RETURNING THROUGH 1 (DAW 10 input....) Will the Kemper only listen to 1 SPDIF channel anyway...? It all sounds ok the way I've set it up..!

In the system menu...? I still need to calibrate my vol pedal too haha! Will get on to those simultaneously!!

Is it possible to assign 2 FX (eg. Reverb and delay) to the single non-latching Boss switch (FS-5U) like you could to a button on the Kemper Remote or would I need to get the FS-6 and assign 1 FX to each pedal ?

Cheers

Exactly, the Remote is supposed to do this later. ATM you need to connect the Boss switch directly to the Kemper and assign its function from the system menu.

Has this been sorted in the current FW ? And if so, how do you allocate a Kemper Remote switch (effect) to a momentary external (non-)latching switch such as the Boss FS-5 or FS6 ?

(Anyone?)

Thank you Kemper team for fixing the Performance bug in "Rearrange" - which was not allowing performances to switch properly. Now it's a breeze to swap performances around in a flash for the different bands I play in! Love it, you guys are awesome!

Can't wait to try this,,..!! But is the beta stable enough... I don't particularly want to risk/compromise anything on my profiler.....

I may need the option of low end at times...!

Why does the DXR10 beat the DXR12 ?

LEANING towards the Yammy DXR 12 currently (as I've read from multiple sources you get better FR from a 12" speaker than a 10" ...)

Though, does anyone know how the Mackie's stack up against this ? For example, there's this; the "thump 12" reasonably priced new...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mack…72432?hash=item19fcc3cb70

Then there's the Mackie SRM350 / 450 range (mk1, 2 and now 3...)

Cheers!

EDIT: just downloaded the 3.1.2 beta changelog to see what's new and see this: "Performances created under this operating system are not downward compatible with for example 3.0.2 operating system! Modifications will get lost!"

Perhaps this is what the user meant / was worried about - you can't REVERT back to a previous FW after updating to the current beta (which works in conjunction with RM 1.5) and therefore any performance slots adjustments made on the new FW would be lost if reverting to a former FW...

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with the current beta before taking the step to install the FW (will of course do a full backup prior...)

In another thread on the forum a User has hinted that they think any performance slots will be erased and need building from the ground up again...!? - Surely that's not accurate, the KPA is smarter than that - I'm fairly certain it has a higher IQ than some people I've met!!

Thanks in advance for accurate answers!

I'm knackered right now, but I'm thinking would you just disengage the 'Cabinet' soft button (so that the cab sim isn't present in the Master Stereo chain) and then DIS-engage 'Monitor Cab off' so that the Monitor Output XLR sends the signal with a cab simulation (not sure if turning the cab soft button off might affect that signal path also though...it could take the cab sim away from all routing options) this is best I can think of right now, sorry haha!

I haven't saved any of my performance slots to the browse pool yet (still tweaking and will save them when I feel they are complete...) but I shall certainly make a USB backup before I do any updating! as I don't want to have to rebuild any performances or anything ! Can anyone clarify this is necessary when updating to the new FW? Seems a bit counter-productive to me...!?

I'm currently having the opposite problem whilst trying to profile!

I'm getting the following error message:

" X ERROR External amp too noisy! Please reduce Gain and repeat profiling "

...problem is, I don't want to reduce the gain - I want to profile it at that level...!

And you're not meant to include a Noise Gate anywhere in the chain either - so what solution(s) are there?!

I've already 'lifted the ground' on the Direct Out and I don't wish to change mic placement....!

It's a secret. :S And anyway what works for me probably won't work for your playing, ears, guitars, profiles and signal chain. I happened to stumble on a particular profile+CabMaker IR combination that I like better than the full profile, that's all. I'm only suggesting that there's no point being dogmatic about this stuff. If it sounds good it is good.

When you say "profile+CabMaker IR" are you using a Merged profile ? ie. profile of an amp (sans cab/mic etc.etc.) then placing your cab IR in the cabinet section?

Fantastic, thank you for the direct link! ...just looking at the first thread on that forum and you can win a Remote for the Kemper (though it seems a little unfair as the "winner" will be the one with the most YouTube views; even though the contest ran from the 1st of the month to today - surely anyone uploading today wouldn't stand a chance...! haha) Fortunately I have the remote already - that contest just seems slightly skewed to me...!