Posts by flyingheelhook

Oh I did, and I even held a license for a few years. But you cannot seriously compare Reaper’s feature set with Logic's.

OK, well I am no power user for sure, but perhaps you can provide us with your list of features that Logic has and Reaper does not? Again, I am not an expert, but I've certainly never heard anyone on any other forum make this claim.

When you're on Mac Logic Pro X is the best bang for the buck by far, period.

It's been introduced July 2013 and has been updated ever since FOR FREE (and this will likely be the case in the foreseeable future as well).

No other DAW gives you this feature set at that price.

Obviously you haven't tried Reaper. A license is cheaper, and they roll out free upgrades/updates all the time.

You are saying there have never been any bridge or saddle changes? Do you know/ understand what is fundamental to a stringed instrument? Prove to me that the fender telecaster is still using The parts you are talking about. You guys can stop muddying the waters now I mean unless that is your job. The kemper requires updates , the kemper needs updates..... get over it.

Don't mind the fanboys - they'll argue with anyone who comes up with legitimate criticism.

I'm not clear on what sounded bad - your IEM feed? The stage wash? A recording of the gig? All that said, never underestimate the room's ability to alter your perception of the sound no matter what anyone else hears.

LOL! This reminds me of a conversation from loooongg ago.

Step-brother: what's for dinner?

Step-mother: we're having fish with a white sauce

Step-brother: what's in it?

Step-mother: we're having flounder with a white sauce

Step-brother: what's in the sauce?

Step-mother: it's a white sauce

Step-brother: what's in it?

Step-mother: it's a white sauce....

DonPetersen I think you missed his point?

There is definitely a lot of general noise on Facebook

As if there isn't a lot of general noise here... :rolleyes: Regardless, when it comes to evaluating anything from a restaurant to purchasing _______, I pay close attention to the critical reviews, especially the ones involving quality control, and that has served me reasonably well in all aspects of my consumerism. Moreover, there have been plenty of valid criticisms of kemper quality control over the years, so I see no reason to rule out what I read just because it was on FB. YMMV

I don't have one. I've read too many concerns (posted mostly on FB - oddly, there is a large user base there that ignores this forum apparently) about consistency and quality control issues to consider investing right now myself.

My guess is that because the Kemper has a such a fundamentally different approach to file management than almost every other operating and software platform out there, they cannot program Rig Manager to manage files properly while running on other OS/software. Maybe they should have thought about that early on...

Does the Kemper have an auto-wah/envelope filter effect? I have not seen one but not have not really looked either. Would be super nice for solos etc. ( I dont like to learn everything about it instantly. Takes all the fun out of playing with it)

As Nicky says, the short answer is yes. The longer answer is that as with a lot of Kemper things, they throw it all into one effect with lots of different parameters that need to be tweaked. You'll need to tweak eight different parameters to dial it in.

And when we are saying "read manual" we mean Main Manual 8.5, not Quick start guide that comes with Profiler!

Excellent point.

Also, keep in mind that the Kemper itself, and the manual, were originally designed by folks who (as far as I know) speak German as their primary language. You may (or may not) encounter explanations in the manual that do not necessarily make sense in translation to whatever your native language might be.

For instance, I have owned my Kemper for at least six years, attempted on many occasion to understand and 'master' using the Wah effect to build various auto-wah sounds, but I still don't understand all of the Wah parameters and how their combined adjustment manifests in the way that effect will sound when incorporated into a rig. (reference 'Peak', 'Peak Range' and 'Touch Boost')

By all means, read the manual, but it may be helpful to clear up any confusion about that by citing or quoting it when you are posting a question that you need help with. Good luck!