Posts by Sunshine

The Master Volume knob "issue" is not a big deal to me, manageable. That's why I don't care to open a support ticket over it.

What I meant was that in my case there are times when I turn the MV knob and there is a definite lag in movement of the indicator bar and therefore the volume (my level has never been stuck at 0.0, or any other value, as @Voojagig indicated). It's not a big problem to me, just an observation.

I can verify this as well. It actually makes leveling volumes between guitarists kind of a pain in a live setting.

Did you set Volume Pedal Location to "off" in all Rigs without a Wah effect? Did you try to simply deactivate "WahPedal to Volume" instead, so globally unlinking the Volume Pedal controller from your Wah Pedal? It's just one global option and normally has the same effect.

I just deactivated wah to volume. No problems at all for the three hour rehearsal.

I just recorded the KPA through the main outs 1/4 into a MOTU Audio Express. I used the profile with the cab section off. The used Kazrog Recabinet in my DAW. Just so I could easily switch cabs and find the one I liked most. I really like the Celestion V30 in 2X12.

Normally I never have the cab on in a live situation. I use a Mesa Boogie 4X12 and 2X12 powered by a Matix power amp. Most of the venues I play would rather mic my cabs. Some do like it direct to the FOH, in that case I turn the cab section on and use the monitor out of the KPA with Monitor cab off.

Hope this helps.

Clarified. Thanks. Some venues here are the same way, which makes me weary of trying a frfr. I can't imagine they sound that great micd. Although the passive mission cab has both drivers in line so you can mic them similar to a traditional cab.

Edit** can you specify what you mean when you say DI with cab off? There is no cab sim going on here at all? I ask because your soundcloud clips all specify different cab configurations.

Dude! I was just coming back to ask you what your EQ was set up like. Thanks so much!

I think the EQ is going to be huge for me. This is my first experience messing with it and it adds so much to the sound vs the EQ in the stack section. Hadn't even thought of messing with it yet. Then I remembered running an EQ in the effects loop of my old Jcm900 III. Duh... :S

The Gemini 1-P gives you more than enough. I'm not near full volume standing right next to my drummer and have no issue whatsoever.

Awesome. I'm sure the better dispersion comes into play, too.

In the rehearsal space, the other guitarist will say he cant hear me when we aren't running through monitors and the singer always looks at him like he is crazy.

He plays one open back cab and one closed back so that prob helps me hear him better than he hears me.

Had an issue with no output after booting my Kemper. Shut off and restarted and all is back to normal. First time this has happened in two years. Something with the new OS? Or just a weird one time thing?
    Will keep an eye on this...

I'm sorry you are having issues, but I can't help but be relieved knowing i'm not the only one. It's a bit scary when you have only had the profiler for a month ?(

I meant to ask you during our discussion how hard you can drive the 1-P before you start running into issues.

I'm using the 2x12 v30 cab now and the Kemper drives it beautifully. I have more than enough headroom.

Can I expect the 1-P to react similar to a 1x12 guitar cabinet as far as output? My band isn't ridiculously loud, but we are def loud. I have used a 30ish watt 1x12 combo before and it kept up, though.

I have a 3 hour rehearsal tonight. I am going to disable the volume pedal function when the wah isn't engaged and see if it happens again (my issue only seems to occur on profiles with a volume pedal active). If it does, the next step will be removing the expression pedal altogether.

Hopefully we can gather enough data to pinpoint the problem. I used the Kemper for hours last night on my desk with no pedal attached and it was flawless the whole time.

Whats the absolute ballsiest JCM800 (sounding) profile you have come across on your tone journey?

I'm talking saturated power section, wall shaking mayhem without the fizz. That mythical dream tone.

So far I have been slightly underwhelmed by the ones I have tried. They are either way too fizzy and thin sounding, or profiled too clean (quietly, like low volume/ no power tube saturation)

Looking forward to opinions! :thumbup: