Posts by Locrain

Someone call the burn unit. :D

Edit: When I typed "condensed" I thought about a play on words, but I'm glad I didn't, as I would have come across even more of a cock, and you nailed it anyway, so it was better that I shut up. :D

*reads rest of thread* Oh no...

Let it go, guys. It's a simple feature request. If someone has a need, someone has a need.

That said, anyone who needs a metronome NOW, I suggest just getting an app on your mobile phone and routing it into the Kemper. Should more than suffice for practice purposes.

If you are looking at a metronome for stage use, best to get a laptop so that you can have tempo changes, time sig changes, etc.

With 7+ hours in between posts, I think it's probably safe to assume it was "let go".

"It's a simple feature request. If someone has a need, someone has a need."

This was my entire point....

I guess I could have condensed it.

Unless it comes from a real person I could have written it myself. If you'd written a review and asked me not to post it then I wouldn't post it on a forum. Most people who contact me are happy to spread the word. what data protection? it's just a name? people know my name, why the need to hide? seriously what's the problem here? I'm sure there are more than one person in the world with the same name even.
    I'm just trying to make great profiles here from great amps and not charge a fortune I'd have to sell 2000 profiles just to pay for the microphones. I've still sold less than 100 of this profile.

Marcus

Chill out. You're being very defensive and no one is attacking you.

People won't normally ask for you to keep their full-name/email address private, because they (rightfully so) assume that you will protect it. It's kind of like showing a friend your new car, and then saying "don't steal it though, ok?". You wouldn't have to say that, because it's understood. It is implicit.

If is unfortunate that you are having such a hard time understanding this (I see you have edited your post, thank God), but it's really very simple. There is no need for you to take offense. Just acceptance and an apology. There are things called "forum etiquette", "social contracts", and "personal data protection laws", all of which you are completely dismissing.

When I first saw this thread I thought "I have to get these". But...upon reading, I would have been hesitant to buy your profiles when you posted the email/name. But when you defended it, instead of correcting and apologizing immediately, you lost me completely. We all make mistakes. Our attitude when someone calls us on them is very telling.

I don't usually enjoy electronics. But that was really good.

Everything sounds awesome, sick groove!!!

...wow...I just read through that whole thing.

I promise to never complain about Kemper updates.

That was tough to read. The balls on Steven...I mean, good on him for at least trying to provide updates at first...but if you're going to fail that spectacularly...maybe just keep a low profile.

I am just astonished with the date of the first post, and you're still not there...and that post was a complaint regarding how long SSD5 was taking, wow.

Or in *Slate-Speak*...it'll be out tomorrow.

I'll stick with SD3, thank you very much. :D

Nice man....yeah I really think these are great, and one thing I've noticed....they pair really well with a ton of different cabs....if you want a Marshall tone with more low end thump, chuck a Mesa cab on there, you won't believe your ears.Really cool stuff, and I could see just grabbing the rest of them.

Yeah, I just tried out the LARS 1960av cab that @ashtweth mentioned, and wowow! Sounds great! I will try a mesa as well, thanks for the tip!

And I won't mention "condescending", and we'll both be in good shape. ;)

I'm not sure why you're acting like you first posted here in a good-faith effort to contribute to the discussion. It was condescending and derisive. If you didn't intend that, it might be good to give thought to how our words are interpreted over text, because it's dripping with those elements. I think this digression has ran it's course, you may have the last word if you like.

BTW, off topic, since you seem to have a little trouble with the quote feature (I might be wrong, no offence if so). It's a pretty weird one, took me a sec too. Hit the quote symbol button for the post you're quoting, it'll turn black, then hit Reply at the bottom, and it'll format correctly. Or you can be in a post-creating window like I am now, go up to the post you want to quote, hit the quote button, and it'll insert automatically, like I just did.

And I won't mention the word 'patronising'...

For me is better to fix the LED of the BPM in Remote. The other guy has a Helix and a correct and steady light is great for playing live.
    My remote BPM light is very unstable.

I've seen a lot of people mention this. If the internal clock of the KPA is whacked, it might be hard to get a metronome running. :D

Well clearly we think very differently from each other. I won't bother to critique your point of view V mine. End of. :)

I think you've got it. ;)

That's a very good perspective, and might be something to keep in mind when replying in dissent to feature request threads in the future...cheers. :)

This setup can cover a lot of ground, for sure.

Very versatile, I thought it wasn't going to handle lower distorted tunings that well...but I was wrong.

Real quick clip that shows off one clean and one distorted profile from this new update. I turned the effect slots B and D on for the high gain parts on the left side, didn't touch a knob otherwise. Bridge pickup only. Sorry for the string buzz on the clean stuff, low tunings, long scale length, low action, and thick strings don't always play well with one another.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No rage here, I just don't think your argument holds water. Whether or not most KPA users have a DAW (doubt it), or whether they use it every time they use their Kemper (almost certainly not), what does that matter?

The utility is obvious, if you wouldn't use it, ok, good for you. But clearly, it's a popular request. To call it a percussive element, as if you're adding a drum machine or something, is kind of...silly. :)

The Kemper can do a lot of things that are normally reserved for a DAW, and not usually present on a "normal" amplifier. Transpose, eq boosts, I could go on...point the point is, the KPA is obviously intended to be a Swiss army knife solution for guitar players. And practicing should be done with a metronome.

The things that amuses me is that whenever a feature is requested, there's always someone to tell everyone in the thread who wants it that they don't need it, and it's a dumb idea, oh, and if they do that, they won't do the thing that I really want, etc. :D

I know spdif is the bee's knees when it works, but I had enough trouble with it to forget it, and just re-amp analog. Yeah, there's a little noise floor issue, but it works and sounds great, and is simple.

Sorry, I know this doesn't really answer your question. But it might be worth consideration if you continue to have trouble.

I think most of my problems stem from the fact that my (RME) interface has Toslink connectors instead of coax, so I have to run converters.

Well, I did find plenty of Deadlight's 1960AV cabs on RE, sounds great...but I can't for the life of me, see a LARS pack, or deadlight or anything else on RM. And I haven't even had one beer. :D

Not that it matters, since I found some on RE. But I was wondering if he just swaps around the same "cab", or if each profile is unique, and there might be some that really stood out. I don't see it under Rig Packs though.... ?(

Not much to add except I've never liked the 5150 full stop. Seems so thin to me whenever I've used one. The mids sound...erm...artificial ? anyway I might have just played a bad one, but even when I've seen bands I've never been massively impressed.

I've heard the earlier ones are better...sorry can;t offer anything else....except get an Engl :)

I never have either. But I have a bunch of profiles that absolutely kill. Funny how that works. :D

I made what I thought was a fair offer on the Carnage pack, it was accepted, now just waiting for the pack. Can't wait! Will post thoughts once I spend some time with it. Thanks for the tip @ashtweth!

I kind of want the Aldrich, although even if they accept what I would consider to be a fair offer (a certain % off the asking price), it's still a lot to me for a single profile. But if I use it a lot, it'd be worth every penny, of course. If the amp is captured well (and it clearly is), then it's really silly for me to balk over a few dollars. But I have tons of good profiles! Like @Steinmetzify, I'm not really a Marshall guy. But he made them sound pretty good. What to do...

:D

Edit: Ash, just grab any 1960av by Deadlight?

Edit 2: I guess so. :D

I grabbed a cab and paired with the free Modern profiles he has on RE. Pretty good!

Yeah, to my ears the JVM doesn't suffer from that "scratchiness" at all. Great amp IMHO, and one of my fave Marshalls. Just a tad noisy, but Kemper Profiles take care of that!

The guitarists I referred to were using mostly SD Hot Rails back then on their Strats, so your choice of PU could well have been responsible for the "huge" difference between what you and I heard, Shawn.

My friend with the JVM is the one who talked me into buying a KPA. He was blown away by the JVM profies on the Kemper, and he's a pretty picky guy, so that was good enough for me. :D