Posts by pippopluto

I would prefer if the new Kemper was exactly the same size but profiles amp's at 99% accuracy with the full sweep of the amps's EQ and Gain controls. That would be EPIC! I already put a deposit down.

The issue such a technology would have to face is that tone controls on guitar amps interact: that is, each knob's intervention curve changes depending on the other knobs' positions. This makes things much more complex, and as much as it's nevertheless possible to achieve such a result, it also makes it largely impractical.

We should remember what the Profiler had originally been designed for: capturing one or more given signature tones/settings from a studio or live session in order to be able to get the same identical tone back w/o getting crazy with which amp settings, which mics placed where, which mixing levels on the console and the like.

IMO, this is the Profiler's strength, and its logistical characterization. It can't do everything. A modeller will model a given specimen of a certain amp/cab/effect, and will never be able to sound like that specific '59 Bassman with that specific cone when those specific tubes are worn at that specific stage unless that's exactly the specimen they have measured for their model. Specularly, a profile will never be able to sound like a given amp across its whole spectrum of settings.

Personally, I find these differences fascinating enough to not care about not being able to have "everything" under my hands.

For me, versatility is important only to the extent that one is able to find their own tone and feel. This can be achieved via a modeller, a profiler, a... capturer, or even a real mic'ed amp.

:)

Yep, this puzzles me as well.

I would even request the possibility to save the whole chain (Stomps + Effects) as a single preset...
    This might be made possible on the devices themselves, w/o interfering with RM's development. It would be enough to add the "save whole section " / "save all the effects" to the menu when saving a given effect preset...

Not even a big development effort, apart (perhaps) from coining a new file format for the new "double" presets.

They apparently have some technical reason why it will be required to work this way with future developments.

Interesting, I must have missed that. Do you have a link where to read more on the matter?

IME they are such different devices that it's hard to compare them.
    If your use is strictly guitar-oriented I agree with Ingolf that the Kabinet can be funnier at home or as a personal monitoring system.
    OTOH, the CLR is more linear, can express higher SPLs, and is way less directive. Furthermore, when used with Studio or Merged profiles it is more faithful to the profile's tone.
    When also used with other instruments or as a PA there's of course no comparison.

I am aware that KAOS versions are already "complex" to manage for the newby (depending on your hw version, which version you came from and the like). Nevertheless, as someone that will never be using the remote control over wi-fi, I've been wondering how complex would be to get lighter versions that just don't remotely connect.

I see that KAOS has been growing in the years and some functions have started to slow the device down. For some reason, I have the idea that this further code makes things more mammoth...

Or, when no remote connection is required, the code just stays in EPROM and is never executed?

Thats what I thought initially but Floyd99 explained it and I now see what they mean. To be honest I have never felt there was anything wrong with the current methodology but I can now see merit in what they are asking for. The difference is that you can currently link multiple FX to the same button however any effect can only be linked to a single button. Therefore, if button i turns on OD/Delay and turns off Reverb. Button ii can’t also control OD along with different other FX. You might want button ii to turn on OD /Flanger/EQ (but not Delay or toggle off reverb). As soon as you link OD to button ii it will unlink it from button i.

But that's a different point. You quoted my comment about the fact that recalling the on/off state of a number of effects blocks is already possible :)

The italicized sentence does not refer to a block being linked to several buttons.

I’m actually fine with the granularity of the Shift + mode. Making it more granular would make it slower to use. I would rather leave it as is and just add a click to type for quickest entry and ultimate fine detail entry.

This is quite surprising to me: on my system it's definitely too gross to be meaningfully more useful than the mouse alone...
    Might this be depending on one's computer, settings etc?

Anyway, Shift should be used when you are already nearby the value you are after, I don't think it would slow things down significantly :)

exactly.

That’s what I said. “Scene” state of everything, not tied to blocks.

Sorry, pretty sure it's my English :)

So

instead of the foot switches being tied to a particular effect block

means "tied to particular effect blocks"?

they instead are recalling the on/off state of a number of effects blocks

This is what happens already. What am I missing?

instead of the foot switches being tied to a particular effect block, they instead are recalling the on/off state of a number (or to keep it simpler, maybe ALL) effects blocks

Well, I guess the OP is requesting more than just this, since you can assign the status of up to 4 fx to a single switch already. Not the same fx to several switches tho.

I'd like to give this FR some thrust, specially after the release of the Bass Machine by Electro Harmonix :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also, how about allowing the Kemper to join an existing wifi network without WPS. My google wifi mesh doesn't appear to support WPS. We should be able to join in access point mode with the app, then tell the Kemper to join an existing wifi network so we can still browse rig manager online, etc.

Are you sure it did not depend on the WPS bug in 8.5? They have just fixed that