Posts by pippopluto

A Stage user has just let me know that when you press the Amp and Cabinet buttons you are allowed to save the whole Stack section, despite the absence of the Stack button.
    If this is true, I believe it would be extremely useful if the Stage allowed to save the Stomps or Effects sections as well, by for example holding two slot buttons at the same time.

Kemper Kone Enabled, Monitor Cabinet Off Disabled would achieve this at a global level.

If you want to be able to have some rigs FRFR and some with Imprints then you need to Enable Monitor Cab Off and select the appropriate version in the Cabinet section of the Stack. Full Range Mode for FRFR and a specific Imprint or (use global imprint) for the Imprint rigs.

Ah, makes sense, thank you :)
    I guess I was misled by the notion that MonitorCabOff would switch the processing to linear mode...

• For specific situations, e.g. temporarily playing bass guitar through a studio or merged PROFILE of a bass amp, you can enforce full-range mode by selecting “Full-Range“ from the Imprint Select options found within the cabinet module.

Thanks WTD, so outside specific situation what is the combination of controls that allows me to steadily/globally use Studio profiles with the Kone set in FR mode?
    It seems this is not possible outside individual rigs settings

Sweetening and Directivity have been alternatively greyed out in the past with toggeling the mode.

Now they share one location and get swapped by toggeling the mode.

Same result.

And it gave space to the new Boost parameter, that is needed for the Kemper Power Kabinets.

Thanks for your answer. But the main issue is that when checking Monitor Cab Off Imprints are activated. How can I use a linear, full range mode with no Imprints?

I don't see difference (besides Pwr Amp Boost required some UI space).

Other than that looks similar to me like it was before:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is not 8.2

Also, have you performed the test I suggest in the OP?

I've noticed that the Output menu in 8.2 is different than 8.0's when it comes to K7K management.
    Now, checking Monitor cab Off makes the Imprints available. Furthermore, Sweetening turns into Directivity.
    I've checked Addendum 8.2 but was unable to find these differences documented.
    So ATM I am not sure this is by design or...? Seems too structured to be a bug :)

I don't know how units may differ with Kemper.

Well, apart from the different layout (which implies some functions on the Stage are in the menus rather than on the front or absent), there are several differences that characterise the Stage.

For example, you can use it as a slave in a digital setup (this implies that you can digitally chain two whatever KPAs, provided one is a Stage; on a side note, this is true for the other form factors as well, provided they have been manufactured from 2019).

Stage has got 4 sockets for pedals Vs. 2 on the other models (but those become 6 if you use a Remote as well); and there's a native stereo Monitor Out.

The True Impedance control available in the Stage changes the impedance of the guitar input (there's a physical circuit!).

On the Stage there are also some controls missing, for example the 'Stomps' and 'Effects' buttons (which implies you can't save the corresponding sections as a preset from the device).

Overall, the Stage boots faster due to the new chipset. Not sure whether this applies to the other formats when manufactured after 2019 tho.

Last, there's a WiFi module in the Stage, which has no use yet AFAIK.

Hope this helps!

There are four things I'd like to see in RM.

The first one would be the "service window" (not sure how to properly call that) that opens when for example RM updates to not float on top of everything else: very annoying when it takes time to do its things and you want to do something else.

The second request: currently, RM's left column shows Rigs, Presets and Performances as main entries, each one divided into "MyProfiler" and other assorted entries.

I'd love to have the possibility to set things so that MyProfiler is consolidated as an entry by itself, divided into Rigs, Presets and Performances.
    This would make working on the KPA's contents more efficient IMO.

Third:

I'd love to be able to see separate folders for the various types of presets, so that for example all my cabinets are shown in their own.

Last, when in the Editor, right-clicking for example on the Cabinet slot gives access to the specific preset list. I've noticed that the windows that opens has no vertical scroll bar, making things very slow in the case of a long list. I'd love to have one, or at least to have the PageUp/Down keys available so that scrolling would be (much) faster.

There is a future money-maker; change the Neural Cloud to be a subscription service with varying levels of cost based on the storage space you use.

Well, we don't have info about that yet tho. We are acting as if we had just discovered a big conspiracy... I don't know about NDSP's plan, but this doesn't sound fair to me :)

a direct profile of an amp paired with a full profile of a cabinet with a clean amp

As other pointed out, there's a specific interaction between any given power amp an cab tho. It's not (only) a matter of how much "neutral" is the amp: every cab will make an am sound in a specific way depending on the cab's impedance curve (module and phase).

On stacking Captures: Might be handy if you can capture a pedal and then stack it, but we'll have to wait and see if the system works as advertised.

They published demos about that already. Pete Thorne IIRC.

Sounded legit to me.

I'd just be surprised if the QC's full rig captures did not allow you to separate the cab from the amp. That would seem like a step down from the Kemper's amp+cab modus operandi.

I believe the QC's mind flow is different. Think more like a modeller where some components are captured. If you start thinking like a Fractal user you'll see the potential.

In general, no unit on the market does everything others do, and while Studio profiles are something great, the possibility to stack captures looks great as well to me.

No reason to believe the QC will be intrinsically inferior overall IMO.
    :)

Before long term friendships are harmed

Oh, don't get me wrong :) I just stop discussing things when no matter what you write the other one responds the same things as before: this just means you are not really building anything... this bores me the most :D

A block can be moved around in the fx chain, but there are no separate components.

The key element of discussion here seems to me to be the fact that the QC can run several captures in series or parallel: you can assemble a rig with one or two captured pres, one or two captured power sections, several captured pedals and an IR. You can also capture a whole rig (in the fashion of a Studio profile), whose components would of course be non-detachable.

So it depends on what blocks you use.

You're talking as if somehow, other kinds of Captures existing and other features, somehow makes the drawbacks I mentioned non-existent and that's just ridiculous lol.

Oh, I did not mean to feel ridiculous...

This discussion has turned in a sort of competition where one has to show that the other is "wrong"; not my interest. I like to bring thoughts and elements on the table and discuss them.

Nothing wrong in you having your ideas. I am out :)

the only threads I removed from other gear were copy & paste posts of press releases of some keyboards IIRC

I couldn't say it was you sir or other mods. I remember quite clearly the specific answer given by that person tho.
    Anyway, it's not an issue since things have gone a different route.
    Speaking in general, IMO you guys are right to let members discuss about everything, even when a comparison is somehow unfavourable or critic for the Profiler: because the same discussion is certainly going on elsewhere in the Net anyway, and because those who don't are just cutting a bad figure for themselves IMO.

Christoph posted this in this thread:

"Don't worry! It's absolutely fine for us to discuss even competition here!"

Yep, this is what I said

If you end up finding a Capture you like and want to start working with, and the person who did the Capture only did a full rig Amp+Cab Capture (which will probably be about half of the Captures that are around due to that being the most efficient and simple way to Capture a setup and it takes up the least CPU with one block), then you're stuck with that Cab in that Capture. THAT is my point, my friend.

Well, this means that - in your projection - at least half of the captures will be separated modules. So every user will have things the way they like best. Don't forget that Neural is already going to make several captures available at launch, and their declared plans are that other will come regularly.

Yep, I am assuming things... like you are :) No-one is able to draw conclusions about any strategic flaws in the device and its planned development ATM. Your critiques may end up being a real issue or not: we just don't know.

What I am saying - again - is that QC users won't have to be stuck with "Studio" captures. IOW, the imitation of not being able to detach the cabinet is not going to be an issue for them as it would be for the Profiler.
    Also, they have models that they can mix with captures.

All in all, I don't see in the concept any serious limitation that would make the QC not enjoyable for anyone: each device has its characteristics, no device can do everything all the others can, and each one has got something others haven't. I am sure many will be happy with the QC, and they will be willing to give something up in favour of its strengths.

I believe there's room for anyone and anything :)

BTW, talking about what "Other Gear" means, I remember one of the mods closing a thread (not sure it was about the QC already... or was it Fractal or Atomic?) with the reason that by "other gear" they merely meant other hw to be used in conjunction with the KPA.

Glad they have apparently changed their mind on the matter :)

When you're talking about the whole full rig Capture thing, there's literally no way to use IR's with a "full rig" (AMP+CAB) Capture, no matter what way you spin it. You can't turn off or swap out that Cab portion of the Capture if the Capture has a Cab in it to begin with. That's all I meant

I am pretty well aware of what the differences are between the two approaches ;)
    What I am saying is that QC users won't have to change cab in a "studio capture" hence missing the whole original thing, because the possibility to stack captures allows them to just choose any pre, any power section and any cab/IR and create a rig. So they can profile the whole chain and also its parts, and play with the block as they like.

Hope this clarifies :)

I'm most curious about the speculation that the Neural QC's capture technology will somehow obviate the need to mic up an amp properly. Does anyone have the skinny on how that would work?

No, as others I think this is just related to direct captures actually.

Maybe Kemper even sounds better. But if you focus on "authenticity" it is not 99 % and only 1 % missing here.

We have examples of perfect profiles tho, where the player themselves was not able to tell which as which.

See for example the films about the Nashville Profiling Sessions

I imported a few IR's directly into Rig Manager via drag and drop from a Windows Explorer folder and then drag and dropped one of them onto the Cab section in Rig Manager, then compared it with the same IR in the Axe-Fx III. I'm honestly not hearing any notable difference. What kind of differences are you hearing?

I don't use IRs (I find this to be one of the greatest features of the KPA LOL), but I've actually often heard about Cab Maker not respecting the original IRs in the conversion.

Things may have changed nowadays tho.

I'm talking about a full rig capture. In the Captures equivalent of a Studio Profile, there's no way to turn off that Cab or to try a different one with that Capture without using 2 cabs on top of each other at that point.

Sure. But from what I have been gathering the typical (perspective) user loves to play with IRs and components.

Look at Kemperland: since the KPA can use IRs, the majority of users from the USA (which are always a most important basin for such products) likes the idea of... changing the Cab with an IR.

The same stands for other blocks IME.

At least half of the Captures available at the start will be full rig Captures with Cabs in them and if you don't like that Cab, tough stuff cos you're stuck with it lol. That's my point.

My point is that people will just wait, and enjoy models and what's available at launch. And the library of captures will grow, like it did for the Profiler. Heck, at the beginning there was no Performance mode, no Editor, no merged profiles...

what I mean by stacking Captures, is that it's only an advantage if people want to stack Captures of Drives in front of amps or do complex routing, which is a small percentage of users.

Mhhh... no, I've already read of a lot of users who love the idea to be able to stack a pre and a power amp. And capturing those "sub-parts" is way easier than profiling a Studio rig.

I'm sure people will feel differently and you seem to and that's okay :) we can still be homies haha

Absolutely, I don't aim at winning any sort of competition :)

As I see it, we can express different ideas without having to conclude that "we agree to disagree", as if a "victory" (or its ghosts) were anyway inescapable ;)