The "Kemper Rig Player"

• I think you guys are thinking too much the "old school" way. There was a time when getting a line to hit a dot on a TV screen was thought to be impossible and not practical and needed to much data to do.

For me, the pinnacle of modeling is when an amp's total parameters are captured in full and digitized to a file, or if the modeler becomes sonically better than what any tube amp can ever do.

The only thing that can't be done is multiple profiles on the current architecture, Kemper have already stated this many times and no amount of A.I. will sort that.

So it either needs a new unit or as has been suggested applying the tone stack principles - which seems very logical. In fact seems similar to the Kones - applies a specific tone to emulate the speaker.

However, my point echoes the last bit in your quote - to my mind its already better than the amp its profiling because for example you can add more gain to say an AC30 than the original amp was ever capable of. Like you I only care about better sound rather than pure faithful reproduction of every parameter. The other point is, if there is a sweet spot where the tone controls interact nicely then profile that...its only if you want to change eq on the fly that it becomes "useful".

Like Alan, I don't want to guess what the eq block changes are goign to do BUT I do support an evolution like this purely because some people want to be able to fully emulate their amp or effects.

• Stop beating that same old "mini Kemper" unicorn... Consider a rugged workhorse concept for live performance.

Introducing the "Kemper Rig Player" (Kemper is welcomed to use this name when beginning production)

Thoughts?

Honestly, it makes me laugh....:D

I assume you've read thread about "Kemper Mini"....

Have you seen that we weren't entirely agree with each others in this thread ?

We've all brought our kemper mini's vision and expectations ... What is different in your case ?

You've just change its name... Are you a marketing manager or someone like that ? :)

You could write in the same thread...

I agree with you, Kemper should launch a new simpler product. I see you go really far in the simplification and i hope if a new unit's coming they won't go that way...

Do they think about it ? I don't know

What are the specs ? I don't know too and already told about what i'm waiting for

Are they working on it ? I hope so

What will be its name ? I don't care (i will be more watching on the price :/;))

• I would prefer if the new Kemper was exactly the same size but profiles amp's at 99% accuracy with the full sweep of the amps's EQ and Gain controls. That would be EPIC! I already put a deposit down.

The issue such a technology would have to face is that tone controls on guitar amps interact: that is, each knob's intervention curve changes depending on the other knobs' positions. This makes things much more complex, and as much as it's nevertheless possible to achieve such a result, it also makes it largely impractical.

We should remember what the Profiler had originally been designed for: capturing one or more given signature tones/settings from a studio or live session in order to be able to get the same identical tone back w/o getting crazy with which amp settings, which mics placed where, which mixing levels on the console and the like.

IMO, this is the Profiler's strength, and its logistical characterization. It can't do everything. A modeller will model a given specimen of a certain amp/cab/effect, and will never be able to sound like that specific '59 Bassman with that specific cone when those specific tubes are worn at that specific stage unless that's exactly the specimen they have measured for their model. Specularly, a profile will never be able to sound like a given amp across its whole spectrum of settings.

Personally, I find these differences fascinating enough to not care about not being able to have "everything" under my hands.

For me, versatility is important only to the extent that one is able to find their own tone and feel. This can be achieved via a modeller, a profiler, a... capturer, or even a real mic'ed amp.

:)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• One thought about this and the popular "Kemper Mini" idea that users float around (which I would love to have as a backup rig and as a backpack rig for fly dates, similar to the FM3/HX Stomp): the new Kemper iOS editor app seems like a potential step in that direction to me.

Sure, you could edit parameters using Rig Manager on an iPad with a Kemper Mini/Kemper Rig Player that doesn't have all the physical editing controls available on-board, but an iPad is still an "additional gig item" to some folks, while ALL players (that use iPhones, at least) would always have their iPhones with them at a show.

I realize I may be reading too far into this, but that seems like it would be a really great usage of the iPhone editor app.

• It's only smiles now ^^

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• G String

Closed the thread.
  • G String

Opened the thread.
  • G String

Closed the thread.